300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    i cant even begin to express how i feel about this situation. I felt like it was an interrogation that there was no way out of. Where are you along in the process if you dont mind me asking and is it possible that i passed and she was just trying to get me to break and admit something to her?
    I was told that I had a problem with one question and everything is on Quality Control hand, that was on November 23 (two months ago) and I haven't received anything. Firefox is right, will be over when is over... I am working on my plan B, C, D, E,up to Z just in case good luck
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
      well my friends i just got back from my poly and from what i was told, the news is less than ideal. I was at the poly for about 4.5 - 5 hrs and was told that i was hiding something and the reason i was hiding something was because i was embarrassed about admitting it. She drilled me for an hr and a half telling me that she can help me if i just admit what it was that was bother me. I told her what seems like 100 times that i wasnt hiding anything and i never admitted to anything. Do the examiners sometimes bluff trying to get you to break? ... she never gave me specifics just told me that i was hiding something. Thoughts??

you ever see that show "wicked tuna"? thats exactly what you went thru... a fishing expedition. I had a similar situation, it would have been a bigger deal if it was within the first hour or if you were not honest, but then again what do I know... I am only in TSU since 12/27 (newbie) keep your head up and it goes for anything, keep calm and DO NOT OVER THINK, just keep swimming.
      Last edited by breachnclear; 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM. Reason: not sure, just hit the edit button...
      CBPO
      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• An acquaintance of mine got offered Charlotte yesterday and he turned it down.
        Gek.

Comment

• I am a bit confused today, I inquired about class dates today and they informed me that my file was no longer with TSU and was reffered back to the background investigation unit. All I can say is I am super frustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            I am a bit confused today, I inquired about class dates today and they informed me that my file was no longer with TSU and was reffered back to the background investigation unit. All I can say is I am super frustrated.
            maybe it's their way of putting you back on the TSU list, maybe they will take you off the list, refer you back to background, re-certify, and then refer back to TSU? sort of as a way to "Refresh" your status? I don't know, I am just talking out of my arse :S Have you called any other department?
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13
            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
              maybe it's their way of putting you back on the TSU list, maybe they will take you off the list, refer you back to background, re-certify, and then refer back to TSU? sort of as a way to "Refresh" your status? I don't know, I am just talking out of my arse :S Have you called any other department?
              I left a message for background to call me so we can get to the bottom of this. My first thought was that I was on a provisional clearance and now they are adjudicating it for final clearance but maybe that is just wishful thinking. I can't imagine they would find anyting in my background that causes concern, especially considering I already have a clearance with another agency and I've been a good boy all my life.
              Let this be a lesson to everyone, when they offer you a job take it!!

Comment

I left a message for background to call me so we can get to the bottom of this. My first thought was that I was on a provisional clearance and now they are adjudicating it for final clearance but maybe that is just wishful thinking. I can't imagine they would find anyting in my background that causes concern, especially considering I already have a clearance with another agency and I've been a good boy all my life.
                Let this be a lesson to everyone, when they offer you a job take it!!
                Maybe your instincts about this will be dead on. In any case, hopefully they get back to you a.s.a.p. By the way, I would also email them, sometimes I find they tend to reply faster by email than phone call. Good luck to you, here's to hoping for the best.
                BPA

CBPO

Comment

Last edited by Escapar La Frontera; 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM. Reason: posted twice :-/

Comment

• Greggyd1211

That is absolutely a tactic they will use. The polygraph is a complete joke. It's even worse if you have an polygraph examiner who is in a bad mood. Read up on the polygraph. I suggest "The Lie Behind the Lie Detector." You'll see how from the moment you meet your examiner, they are lying to you to make you scared.

Comment

• CBP Officer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Reporting for Duty and Training

Q: If I decline your final offer of employment, what will happen?
                      A: If you are contacted with a final offer of employment and you decline, your application will be closed and you will no longer continue on in the hiring process.
                      Last edited by CTM045; 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                        CBP Officer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Reporting for Duty and Training

Q: If I decline your final offer of employment, what will happen?
                        A: If you are contacted with a final offer of employment and you decline, your application will be closed and you will no longer continue on in the hiring process.
                        Unless you take a deferral. I heard back from Background and they just pulled it so they could update it as fully adjudicated and they said I will be placed back in TSU tomorrow.

Comment

Unless you take a deferral. I heard back from Background and they just pulled it so they could update it as fully adjudicated and they said I will be placed back in TSU tomorrow.
                          nice! so I guessed correctly hehe
                          BPA

CBPO

Comment

• About to take the VBT/SI in a few days, any advice?

Also, are you video taped during the SI as well?

Thanks

Comment

• Got called to take the drug test today, which I will take tomorrow, so I should be in TSU with you guys fairly shortly, and waiting for that call too.
                              CBPO:
                              Test- 05/12
                              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                              TSL1/2-08/12
                              PFT1/Med-09/12
                              VBT/SI-10/12
                              Poly-11/12
                              BI-12/12
                              TSU-01/24/13
                              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                              Applied- 06/12
                              PFT-07/12
                              CJBAT- 12/12
                              Panel Interview- 01/13
                              BI- in process

FBI
                              Phase two: probably never

Comment

• you are video taped during both portions of the VBT/SI. Use common sense, they dont expect us to know anything regarding the job but they do expect us to use good judgement. Best of luck
                                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                                Geo: Central/East
                                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                                TSL:11/1/12
                                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                                Met BI: 5/29/13
                                TSU: 6/13/13
                                Drug Test:6/12/13
                                PFT 2:
                                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12402 users online. 506 members and 11896 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X