300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
    Good thing as a newbie I want the overtime and stuff cause i look at it as long as i have bills i need to work. I have many old timers complain to me about the organization. I just nod my head and give them their respect and forget everything they said. I figure 10 yrs from now those that are coming in with me will be in charge and we will probably bring a different mindset to the game. Thats the way the military seemed to progress with time. I think that some people that complain about this job may not have ever struggled to put food on the table. Who knows

Don't count on OT and if you do manage to see it, don't get hooked on it. The agency has been cutting away at OT for some time now. I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Plan on living on your base pay and you'll never miss the cuts/missed opportunities.

Comment

• How often does the student shuttle run to Walmart or the mall at FLETC Glynco?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Don't count on OT and if you do manage to see it, don't get hooked on it. The agency has been cutting away at OT for some time now. I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Plan on living on your base pay and you'll never miss the cuts/missed opportunities.
        Big significant cuts in OT are in the pipeline. It will be interesting to see how it affects how we all are going about completing the missions that we are charged with completing.

FB

Comment

• Can someone who has worked for CBP for sometime now enlighten me on how days off and shift are scheduled. Do you work the same shift every week, do you rotate shifts every couple weeks, do you work 5 eight hour shifts or 4 tens etc. Aslo what shift is a new hire likely to get put on?

One final question for someone who has worked in the different types of ports (border crossing, airport, seaport) which one is the best to work at and offers the most interesting/diverse atmosphere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
            Big significant cuts in OT are in the pipeline. It will be interesting to see how it affects how we all are going about completing the missions that we are charged with completing.

FB
            OT has been largely a pipedream around me for years, outside of my ACTT tdy.

As far as the missions go..here,we've reached that point awhile back. Minimally staff, dog and pony it, DTR all you can and otherwise aim for 8 and skate w/as few issues dealt with as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by threat level midnight View Post
              Can someone who has worked for CBP for sometime now enlighten me on how days off and shift are scheduled. Do you work the same shift every week, do you rotate shifts every couple weeks, do you work 5 eight hour shifts or 4 tens etc. Aslo what shift is a new hire likely to get put on?

One final question for someone who has worked in the different types of ports (border crossing, airport, seaport) which one is the best to work at and offers the most interesting/diverse atmosphere?

Port specific. If you can dream up a schedule, chances are good that somebody, somewhere is working it.

Diversity...as far work goes, I'd say land border as it relates to diversity of situations. Airport as it relates to diversity of people and cultures.

Comment

• well my friends i just got back from my poly and from what i was told, the news is less than ideal. I was at the poly for about 4.5 - 5 hrs and was told that i was hiding something and the reason i was hiding something was because i was embarrassed about admitting it. She drilled me for an hr and a half telling me that she can help me if i just admit what it was that was bother me. I told her what seems like 100 times that i wasnt hiding anything and i never admitted to anything. Do the examiners sometimes bluff trying to get you to break? ... she never gave me specifics just told me that i was hiding something. Thoughts??
                Last edited by Greggyd1211; 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM.
                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                Geo: Central/East
                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                TSL:11/1/12
                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                Met BI: 5/29/13
                TSU: 6/13/13
                Drug Test:6/12/13
                PFT 2:
                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                  well my friends i just got back from my poly and from what i was told, the news is less than ideal. I was at the poly for about 4.5 - 5 hrs and was told that i was hiding something due to being embarassed about something ... she never gave me specifics just told me that i was hiding something. Thoughts??
                  Haha... sound familiar for so many people (like me) Sorry to say that ... but good luck
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• A buddy of mine got his final offer for the Border Patrol today which leads gives me hope that a CBPO class is in the works in the near future.

Comment

• i cant even begin to express how i feel about this situation. I felt like it was an interrogation that there was no way out of. Where are you along in the process if you dont mind me asking and is it possible that i passed and she was just trying to get me to break and admit something to her?
                      Originally posted by Shark View Post
                      Haha... sound familiar for so many people (like me) Sorry to say that ... but good luck
                      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                      Geo: Central/East
                      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                      TSL:11/1/12
                      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                      Met BI: 5/29/13
                      TSU: 6/13/13
                      Drug Test:6/12/13
                      PFT 2:
                      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                        i cant even begin to express how i feel about this situation. I felt like it was an interrogation that there was no way out of. Where are you along in the process if you dont mind me asking and is it possible that i passed and she was just trying to get me to break and admit something to her?
                        The results still have to go through quality control, so basically its not over until you get something in the mail that said you were found unsuitable so just sit back relax and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                          A buddy of mine got his final offer for the Border Patrol today which leads gives me hope that a CBPO class is in the works in the near future.
                          Yes!!!!!! Lol being in the TSU is driving me crazy!!!!! Call me already lol
                          Geo: swb
                          App: 3/26/12
                          Written : 6/12 82%
                          TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                          Med: 9/12
                          VBT: 9/12
                          Quals: 10/12 gs7
                          Poly: 11/12 passed
                          Drug test: 12/12
                          BI: 12/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The call: 2/06/13
                          EOD: 3/11/13
                          Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
                            Yes!!!!!! Lol being in the TSU is driving me crazy!!!!! Call me already lol
                            Me too! Its hard to belive I have already been in TSU for 41 days.

Comment

• geesh but someone said on here that bpa is calling people so we wont be so far behind
                              Geo: swb
                              App: 3/26/12
                              Written : 6/12 82%
                              TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                              Med: 9/12
                              VBT: 9/12
                              Quals: 10/12 gs7
                              Poly: 11/12 passed
                              Drug test: 12/12
                              BI: 12/12
                              TSU: 12/27/12
                              The call: 2/06/13
                              EOD: 3/11/13
                              Pft2 retest???

Comment

• I can tell you from my poly that the time spent isn't unusual. As far as whether you are drawing conclusions to pass/fail, it's not up to the examiner. There's no need to worry yourself trying to second guess it. If you failed you will be notified. From what others have posted, if you passed you may or may not hear anything. Good luck to you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4845 users online. 299 members and 4546 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X