Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Everyone,

    I tested on in March 2012 for the SWB and received a score of 78. I have yet to receive my TSL!

    Am I under the cutoff score??

    Maybe they stopped sending TSL's??


    Thanks for your help!

    Comment


    • Does anyone know how you will be notified if you pass the poly? And how long does it take?

      Comment


      • we just had two or three new guys start at the baltimore field office..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jamescjhsu View Post
          Does anyone know how you will be notified if you pass the poly? And how long does it take?
          As long as you're not notified about the Poly, that's a good thing. I passed and didn't receive anything. I eventually called MHC to confirm I officially passed. They really don't contact you about that unless you have to retest.
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

          Comment


          • For those of you waiting for the job, I hope you have given some thought into what it means being a CBPO. As a current CBPO, I think this job is like a TSA Screener with a gun and some authority.

            This job is basically a static security gig. You stand in one small area for up to 16 hours a day and do the same tasks over and over and over again.

            If you are looking for a "gun and run" LE job. This is not the agency to work for. If you are looking to do "traditional" LE work, this is not the agency to work for.

            A lot of the stuff we do is not really considered LE work. Inspections and compliance would be a more appropriate term.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by hangman View Post
              For those of you waiting for the job, I hope you have given some thought into what it means being a CBPO. As a current CBPO, I think this job is like a TSA Screener with a gun and some authority.

              This job is basically a static security gig. You stand in one small area for up to 16 hours a day and do the same tasks over and over and over again.

              If you are looking for a "gun and run" LE job. This is not the agency to work for. If you are looking to do "traditional" LE work, this is not the agency to work for.

              A lot of the stuff we do is not really considered LE work. Inspections and compliance would be a more appropriate term.
              What about SWB? Is it the same as in the airports?
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
                we just had two or three new guys start at the baltimore field office..
                Was that for their eod or did they just get out of the academy?
                Geo: swb
                App: 3/26/12
                Written : 6/12 82%
                TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                Med: 9/12
                VBT: 9/12
                Quals: 10/12 gs7
                Poly: 11/12 passed
                Drug test: 12/12
                BI: 12/12
                TSU: 12/27/12
                The call: 2/06/13
                EOD: 3/11/13
                Pft2 retest???

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hangman View Post
                  For those of you waiting for the job, I hope you have given some thought into what it means being a CBPO. As a current CBPO, I think this job is like a TSA Screener with a gun and some authority.

                  This job is basically a static security gig. You stand in one small area for up to 16 hours a day and do the same tasks over and over and over again.

                  If you are looking for a "gun and run" LE job. This is not the agency to work for. If you are looking to do "traditional" LE work, this is not the agency to work for.

                  A lot of the stuff we do is not really considered LE work. Inspections and compliance would be a more appropriate term.
                  Hey I work for TSA and I think anywhere other than there is a step up don't get me wrong it's a good job but I wanna sharpen my law enforcement skills by any means necessary and if cbp is considered the bottom then I'll start there and pay my dues...
                  Geo: swb
                  App: 3/26/12
                  Written : 6/12 82%
                  TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                  Med: 9/12
                  VBT: 9/12
                  Quals: 10/12 gs7
                  Poly: 11/12 passed
                  Drug test: 12/12
                  BI: 12/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12
                  The call: 2/06/13
                  EOD: 3/11/13
                  Pft2 retest???

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jamescjhsu View Post
                    Does anyone know how you will be notified if you pass the poly? And how long does it take?
                    i am in TSU and i still have not received any confirmation that I passed ( i only took one poly too ) ... however since I am now in TSU, I think it is safe to assume that I passed!
                    CBPO
                    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

                    I had to decline, if you need help msg.


                    NJSP
                    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

                    Comment


                    • Yeah I wasn't notified about my poly at all I called and asked and then I was put in the TSU
                      Geo: swb
                      App: 3/26/12
                      Written : 6/12 82%
                      TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                      Med: 9/12
                      VBT: 9/12
                      Quals: 10/12 gs7
                      Poly: 11/12 passed
                      Drug test: 12/12
                      BI: 12/12
                      TSU: 12/27/12
                      The call: 2/06/13
                      EOD: 3/11/13
                      Pft2 retest???

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hangman View Post
                        For those of you waiting for the job, I hope you have given some thought into what it means being a CBPO. As a current CBPO, I think this job is like a TSA Screener with a gun and some authority.

                        This job is basically a static security gig. You stand in one small area for up to 16 hours a day and do the same tasks over and over and over again.

                        If you are looking for a "gun and run" LE job. This is not the agency to work for. If you are looking to do "traditional" LE work, this is not the agency to work for.

                        A lot of the stuff we do is not really considered LE work. Inspections and compliance would be a more appropriate term.
                        That depends greatly on your location, management, and largely on how you approach the job. You do your time on the line and look to get into special assignments. The agency is evolving. The opportunities are there with more to come.

                        FB

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                          i am in TSU and i still have not received any confirmation that I passed ( i only took one poly too ) ... however since I am now in TSU, I think it is safe to assume that I passed!
                          I think I have brought this up before, but I am still amazed we have almost identical timelines. We even reached TSU the same day. Today marks 3 weeks in TSU
                          BPA
                          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                          TSU: 01/03/13
                          The Call: 02/01/13

                          CBPO
                          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                          Written Test: 04/19/12
                          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                          Background Investigation: Completed
                          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The Call: 02/01/13

                          Comment


                          • My qualifications passed today for grade level 7. That is weird to me since I don't graduate until May. I didn't think it was possible for my qualifications to pass until I completed my degree, but I will take it. Now all I have left is a drug test! I'm excited!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                              That depends greatly on your location, management, and largely on how you approach the job. You do your time on the line and look to get into special assignments. The agency is evolving. The opportunities are there with more to come.

                              FB
                              Agreed.

                              Comment


                              • EOD.. dont know when they are shipping off..

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4173 users online. 239 members and 3934 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X