Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody here or one you know of failed the step test and then gotten a waiver form to continue the hiring process? i dont know what went wrong but i got a letter stating that i did not pass the step test, at about 4 min into it they guy told me to stop, i was out of breath but still in cadince, i thought i did fine but i guess not? so the letter states that i have to fill out a waiver form indicating that i can perform the physical duties of a cbpo, so i did so and i have not heard anything yet, i mailed the letter a bit over a week ago, anybody here heard of this?
    thanks
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO4JC
      has anybody here or one you know of failed the step test and then gotten a waiver form to continue the hiring process? i dont know what went wrong but i got a letter stating that i did not pass the step test, at about 4 min into it they guy told me to stop, i was out of breath but still in cadince, i thought i did fine but i guess not? so the letter states that i have to fill out a waiver form indicating that i can perform the physical duties of a cbpo, so i did so and i have not heard anything yet, i mailed the letter a bit over a week ago, anybody here heard of this?
      thanks

Any updates on this? I don't see why the doctor would tell you to stop just because you are out of breath. Unless you are not stepping in cadence or you put your hands on your legs, you shouldn't have been told to stop.

Anyone else receiving final offers?

Comment

• i was in cadence all the way, the dr. did not do this it was a physical therapy guy, he wasnt even paying attention to me, he was attending to 3 other people that where there for other therapy issues, i thought i passed this thing? well the cass system has been updated it now says it has been forwarded to the fitness director for a determination, wish me luck...

Originally posted by karn101
        Any updates on this? I don't see why the doctor would tell you to stop just because you are out of breath. Unless you are not stepping in cadence or you put your hands on your legs, you shouldn't have been told to stop.

Anyone else receiving final offers?
        GOD BLESS AMERICA

CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Legally you can not be disqualified for a bankruptcy. They can, however disqualify you for your actions leading to the bankruptcy. In short if you were hit with a serious illness that resulted in your filing they, probably won't disqualify you. If you filed because you weren't able to prudently handle your money then it looks very bad on you. Don't ask specifics about you situation with bankruptcy, the only person who would know is your BI. It looks good that you have re-established your credit and are handling it well. That counts more as the time between filing and hiring increases. The worst thing you could have done is not obtain more credit. The agencies do not care what your credit score is, only your credit history.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• CBP Officer

A few months ago, I completed the entire process for CBP and was waiting on my background check to be completed. I just recieved a packet in the mail stating my background investigation is no longer current and must be repeated. It doesnt make sense. I began the process in February, I would think it would be valid for at least 6 months?
              Anyone else have this issue or know anything about it?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by guzz411 View Post
                A few months ago, I completed the entire process for CBP and was waiting on my background check to be completed. I just recieved a packet in the mail stating my background investigation is no longer current and must be repeated. It doesnt make sense. I began the process in February, I would think it would be valid for at least 6 months?
                Anyone else have this issue or know anything about it?

Thanks
                You should go to honorfirst.com they have a forum specializing with cbp and they will more than likely will be able to help you.

Comment

• Sol?

I was wondering if anyone out there could shed some light on my situation...
                  I was a June 2006 tester, and got a COE in October 2006. Long story short, my vision was too bad to meet the CBP standard, and my COE was withdrawn in March. So, in April, I got LASIK (something I wanted to do for a while, but wanted to wait until I had some more ching.) What are my chances of getting another COE? Is there anything I should be doing to increase my chances? My geographical preferences were NYC, NJ, and PA. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

• short version

in short, 30 yrs @ 1% each year (of the highest 3) is the pension and the rest (70%) is made up from the thrift savings plan.

Comment

Comment

• The G will match dollar for dollar up to 5% of your pay, for a total contribution of 10%. The boss automatically adds 1% of your pay without you adding anything else. The maximum you can contribute is $15,000 for 2006 based on IRS rules.
                          http://www.tsp.gov/features/chapter04.html
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• As a 1895, there is good and bad of both retirement systems, (FERS or 6C). In reality 30 year retirement mean I have 10 extra years to put into my retirement and TSP. Most guy I know that retired under 6c are working still anyway (contractor or rehire). Who gets more money in the end. Well my calculation is I will be ahead in the end with more money in the bank. Now, the only reason I want 6c is retire early and get a contractor position. I have almost 17 in Customs, 12 as a officer. Kinda need a change, but I am looking forward to retirement. Save, Save, Save or and Overtime. I am a GS13 w/ occas. overtime. So I should be good in the long run, plus a little something in stocks helps out too..

Comment

• 6c

in case anyone is interested, 6c retirement is included in fy08 budget and is being presented for vote as i write. if it is passed and sent to the senate, i really think it will become a reality, finally!! retroactive to 2003 of course.

Comment

• HR 1684
                                to authorize appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2008, and for other purposes

6:52 P.M. -
                                Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
                                On passage Passed by recorded vote: 296 - 126 (Roll no. 318).
                                I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9367 users online. 253 members and 9114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X