300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by igneous
    I found out that cbp is going to be at a job fair around here in a week, but I can't find out if its women only. I'd feel like a fool walking in as the only male
    http://www.womenforhire.com/career_e...der_protection

I would say go to it. Whats the worse that can happen??. I will tell you that not long ago I went to a job fair. The only thing that wasnt mentioned in the job fair description is that it was being held in an All Black College. When I showed up everyone looked at me as I walked by and they looked at me as if I was an alien or something. I got treated not so good when I asked around the campus to know where the career fair was being held at. Thats for another thread however. The moral of the story is no matter what go for it and whats the worse that can happen??. Everyone looks at you funny while you are pursuing your career???. I would say go who cares.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by NavCop22
      I would say go to it. Whats the worse that can happen??. I will tell you that not long ago I went to a job fair. The only thing that wasnt mentioned in the job fair description is that it was being held in an All Black College. When I showed up everyone looked at me as I walked by and they looked at me as if I was an alien or something. I got treated not so good when I asked around the campus to know where the career fair was being held at. Thats for another thread however. The moral of the story is no matter what go for it and whats the worse that can happen??. Everyone looks at you funny while you are pursuing your career???. I would say go who cares.
      Yeah I just want to make sure before I go, it takes me over an hour to get there.

Comment

• There's a CBP career fair posted on the cbp.gov site for Washington, DC. Is that the one you were planning on going to? If so, doesnt look like its exclusive to women at all.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/a...r/job_fair.xml

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist
          There's a CBP career fair posted on the cbp.gov site for Washington, DC. Is that the one you were planning on going to? If so, doesnt look like its exclusive to women at all.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/a...r/job_fair.xml
          No I posted a link to the one I might go to a couple posts up. I'd like to go the one in DC but its waaaay too far.

Comment

I found out that cbp is going to be at a job fair around here in a week, but I can't find out if its women only. I'd feel like a fool walking in as the only male
            http://www.womenforhire.com/career_e...der_protection

With a quick Google search, here is what I pulled up.

http://bostonworks.boston.com/events/

April 17, 2007
            Women For Hire Career Expo
            Attend the Women For Hire Career Expo to meet face-to-face with top employers in numerous fields, including accounting, aerospace, consulting, education, engineering, financial services, healthcare administration, hospitality, law enforcement, pharmaceuticals, retail, and many more. Entry level to experienced professional positions available. Free resume critiquing.

The Westin Copley Place Boston, 10 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116

10:00 am - 2:00 pm

Free admission for all professional women. Resumes and business attire required.

Comment

• Yeah I probably wont go. It says on the secret service website that:
              Women for Hire Job Fair
              Date: April 17, 2007
              Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
              All Are Welcome
              But its such a pain to get into boston that I dont think itll be worth it.

Comment

Yeah I probably wont go. It says on the secret service website that:
                Women for Hire Job Fair
                Date: April 17, 2007
                Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
                All Are Welcome
                But its such a pain to get into boston that I dont think itll be worth it.

Dude, just think about it this way. This is the job that would kick start your career in a rush. Having a great career vs driving to Boston really isnt that much of a competition. There was a guy in my testing in Orlando that came all the way from New Jersey. Now that is determination and I was amazed alot from that guy. The bad part is that he failed along with more than half of the people who took it with me. Orlando isnt pretty to drive into neither. It seems that there is a toll every two miles trying to get into Orlando. However, for this job and the job offer I got, it was ALL WORTH IT!!!!!.
                Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• Dude you took the toll roads? What are you a tourist? I'm from that part of the country also, and I do anything legally possible to get out of the tolls.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12
                    Dude you took the toll roads? What are you a tourist? I'm from that part of the country also, and I do anything legally possible to get out of the tolls.

Hell no I'm not a tourist!!!. I'm a proud Florida Cracker!!!!!!. Born and Raised down here!!!!. LMAO!!!. Anyways, I dont know what you mean by "legally avoiding the tolls". I have a GPS in my truck and I sure as hell couldnt find any alternative streets to take me where I needed to go. I needed to go to Winter Park and Maitland. There was no other way to get to there other than by taking the tolls. I did try to get an alternative street because I hate the tolls with a passion but I couldnt. You have to let me in on that secret because I have to go again for my oral and medical. LOL.

Comment

• I just tried to log onto CASS and it actually let me! I assume that that means a tentative selection letter is on its way? Not sure if Im reading too much into it. What do you think? (Wrote exam in early Feb/07.) Anyone else get any letters lately or any other interesting info?

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist
                        I just tried to log onto CASS and it actually let me! I assume that that means a tentative selection letter is on its way? Not sure if Im reading too much into it. What do you think? (Wrote exam in early Feb/07.) Anyone else get any letters lately or any other interesting info?

Congrats, man that means you did get one and its on its way. If you would of failed and not have gotten the offer then the CASS wouldnt of let you in to begin with. Again, Congrats on the offer!!!!.

Comment

• Any retired military working as a CBPO? Would like first hand info on how retirement works as Ive read a few conflicting stories. Thanks!

Comment

• Has anyone in NYC, NJ or PA gotten a COE lately? I had mine withdrawn because of vision, but I got lasik last week, and I'm working on getting my name back into the inventory. Just wondering if any ports are actively picking up people at this time. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by sierra164
                              Has anyone in NYC, NJ or PA gotten a COE lately? I had mine withdrawn because of vision, but I got lasik last week, and I'm working on getting my name back into the inventory. Just wondering if any ports are actively picking up people at this time. Thanks!
                              I took the test in Philadelphia on 2/20 got results in mid march i got a 79 i put pa,nj,and delaware i have not heard anything. i guess that's not a good enough score. I don't know if i misread the initial announcement or not but i thought the max age was 37 for applying for federal law enforcement. many of the people at the test were easily past 40 and had way too many cheesesteaks these folks should be weeded out first i would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by homer
                                I took the test in Philadelphia on 2/20 got results in mid march i got a 79 i put pa,nj,and delaware i have not heard anything. i guess that's not a good enough score. I don't know if i misread the initial announcement or not but i thought the max age was 37 for applying for federal law enforcement. many of the people at the test were easily past 40 and had way too many cheesesteaks these folks should be weeded out first i would think.

There is no age limit for the CBPO position.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8955 users online. 402 members and 8553 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X