Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=texanjordan;3212785]Good morning! I have been lurking for a while now, but I am now posting because I cannot find the answers I am looking for. I have been in the hiring process for BPA and CBPO since Dec 2010, I am currently at the very end of the hiring process. I have my Polygraph scheduled for next wednesday in Chicago which aside from a urinalysis, is my last step for both agencies. I am currently Active Duty military, and my end of enlistment is October of this year. I have over 14 years in, and my command is on board with my decision to make the transition. I can, under a few programs, be separated early from the miltary, ........QUOTE]

Which branch are you in? If is the NAVY, the early out program has been cancelled effective NOV 30 2012. I don't know about another military branch. I will get out in MAY and hopping to get the call by that time.
    CBPO

GOE SWB
    Wrtten Test: 2011/OCT/11
    NOR: 2011/OCT/21
    PFT1/MED: 2011/DEC/02 PASS
    VBT/SI: 2012/JAN/23 PASS
    Qualifications: Cleared(7)
    Drug Test: 2012/MAY/18 PASS
    BI : In security Office(I met the BI in Jan 2013)
    Polygraph: 2012/DEC/14
    PFT2: ????
    EOD: ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
      I hope your birdy's info is 100% accurate Firefox hehe. I get married in July and I am hoping to be out of the academy before the wedding date. I can only imagine the nightmare if I am still at FLETC towards the end of July. Would I even be able to fly out on a Friday night after classes, get married Saturday, and fly back Sunday? Even if it was allowed, that would suck... no honeymoon
      Not sure you would make it by end of July. I EODed DEC 31 and my academy dates are FEB 5-June 11. Got the call Nov 30th.

You always report at the start of a pay period also.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTByrd View Post
        I took the VBT/SI Friday. I was nervous going in, but once I got there I just relaxed and answered the questions the best I could. Found out this Monday that I passed.

Just be yourself and do not over think things.
        That was quick, when I took my VBT/SI I dont think I heard back for a number of weeks.
        Good for you!

Comment

• Everyone assumes sequestration means getting rid of people. There are other ways to cut funding. They will always hire, just not as many if necessary. DHS is composed of several agencies, not just CBP. They could cut out TDYs, buying new stuff, close very small ports, shrink overtime, etc...No one knows what will happen. Don't worry about it until it does. It is not in our control.

Comment

• Originally posted by texanjordan View Post
            Good morning! I have been lurking for a while now, but I am now posting because I cannot find the answers I am looking for. I have been in the hiring process for BPA and CBPO since Dec 2010, I am currently at the very end of the hiring process. I have my Polygraph scheduled for next wednesday in Chicago which aside from a urinalysis, is my last step for both agencies. I am currently Active Duty military, and my end of enlistment is October of this year. I have over 14 years in, and my command is on board with my decision to make the transition. I can, under a few programs, be separated early from the miltary, but I will need about 8 weeks to have the separation go thru. Once I get "the call" based on other posts, it looks like they give you about a month before you EOD. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on whether or not they work with you on your EOD date? If I ask for 2 months prior to EOD, does anyone have any direct knowlege how they respond?
            Why don't you do the last 6 years and collect retirement? You can still apply for CBP in the future and start a new career. I am recently retired Army and trust me that retirement check helps.

I believe you would be in hold status until you turn in your DD214. I do not think you will get an EOD date until they have your DD214

Comment

• Yeah at this point I am done stressing out, I'll deal with it as it comes
              BPA
              Applied (CA): 08/02/11
              TSU: 01/03/13
              The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
              Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
              Written Test: 04/19/12
              NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
              TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
              Pre-Employment forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
              PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
              Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
              VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
              Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
              Background Investigation: Completed
              Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
              BI Meeting: 12/20/12
              TSU: 12/27/12
              The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• I feel the same way brother. Tested in 2009. Met my BI 2011 and I am still waiting.

Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                You waited a while too didn't you Merlin? I remember Barnaj, I just don't remember his dates or his situation. They're still a few long time candidates here and we only represent a small amount of what's truly out there. I just don't want to end up being an example of one. Compared to pony I've got nothing to complain about, but watching all these 11 and 12 testers fly (relatively speaking) through the process is discouraging. My time will come, just wish I could at least get scheduled for a poly. It's been a year since I've had any movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                  Everyone assumes sequestration means getting rid of people. There are other ways to cut funding. They will always hire, just not as many if necessary. DHS is composed of several agencies, not just CBP. They could cut out TDYs, buying new stuff, close very small ports, shrink overtime, etc...No one knows what will happen. Don't worry about it until it does. It is not in our control.
                  CBP is already shrinking OT, looking to close small ports, cutting TDYs and reducing purchases. Heck, much of it has been bubbling on the back burner for years, long before sequestration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    You waited a while too didn't you Merlin? I remember Barnaj, I just don't remember his dates or his situation. They're still a few long time candidates here and we only represent a small amount of what's truly out there. I just don't want to end up being an example of one. Compared to pony I've got nothing to complain about, but watching all these 11 and 12 testers fly (relatively speaking) through the process is discouraging. My time will come, just wish I could at least get scheduled for a poly. It's been a year since I've had any movement.
                    The people who see a quick and easy process have pretty much always been outliers.
                    Most people wait many months if not years between application and EOD date.

Comment

• Im in the Coast Guard, we have a program called Temporary Separation that allows you to get out under certain circumstances, such as employment by a federal agency. You cannot be on your first term, no NJP, good evaluations for 3 years, not have obligated service, be at least E-5 and be in good standing, there might be more but I cant remember off the top of my head. This program allows you the availiblity to get back in for 2 years without any loss of Rank/ Rate or anything.

Comment

Everyone assumes sequestration means getting rid of people. There are other ways to cut funding. They will always hire, just not as many if necessary. DHS is composed of several agencies, not just CBP. They could cut out TDYs, buying new stuff, close very small ports, shrink overtime, etc...No one knows what will happen. Don't worry about it until it does. It is not in our control.
                        As much as I agree with you about hiring not going to stop, etc, telling people not to worry about the process as it affects our hopes for future jobs is a bit futile, like telling a mom to not worry about her kids.

Im just glad Im also in several other processes to get other jobs.

I might be a little more interested in the events and happening in our congress and government than some others, as it was what I studied in school. So if I post more ramblings, it might just me being interested in politics as it relates to a hopeful job of mine.
                        Last edited by payniel; 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13
                        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI
                        Phase two: probably never

Comment

Why don't you do the last 6 years and collect retirement? You can still apply for CBP in the future and start a new career. I am recently retired Army and trust me that retirement check helps.

I believe you would be in hold status until you turn in your DD214. I do not think you will get an EOD date until they have your DD214
                          of my 14 years, 8 are Active Duty, and the other 6 years were in the Army Reserves. I am at a rate that is not moving, and I am not willing to spend another 12 years as an E-5. I do plan on buying back my active duty years, and switching to the Coast Guard reserve after I complete initial training. I would only have to do 5 more years, and I could retire. Not to mention, im from S Texas, my spouse is a teacher who cant get a teaching job in the North where I am stationed currently. It would make more financial sence to get out at this point in my life.

As far as being in a hold status, earlier in the hiring process I was stopped and told that I would not continue until I could provide a DD214, I was able to supply a statement of service, along with a letter from my command specifying that I would be able to get out when I do get an offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                            As much as I agree with you about hiring not going to stop, etc, telling people not to worry about the process as it affects our hopes for future jobs is a bit futile, like telling a mom to not worry about her kids.

Im just glad Im also in several other processes to get other jobs.

I might be a little more interested in the events and happening in our congress and government than some others, as it was what I studied in school. So if I post more ramblings, it might just me being interested in politics as it relates to a hopeful job of mine.
                            Even without sequestration not everyone is going to get this job. At least you did the smart thing and have other things working.

Comment

• Originally posted by texanjordan View Post
                              of my 14 years, 8 are Active Duty, and the other 6 years were in the Army Reserves. I am at a rate that is not moving, and I am not willing to spend another 12 years as an E-5. I do plan on buying back my active duty years, and switching to the Coast Guard reserve after I complete initial training. I would only have to do 5 more years, and I could retire. Not to mention, im from S Texas, my spouse is a teacher who cant get a teaching job in the North where I am stationed currently. It would make more financial sence to get out at this point in my life.

As far as being in a hold status, earlier in the hiring process I was stopped and told that I would not continue until I could provide a DD214, I was able to supply a statement of service, along with a letter from my command specifying that I would be able to get out when I do get an offer.
                              The statement of service allows you to continue the hiring process. You will not get the EOD call without them receiving your DD214. Earlier post made it sound like you had 14 yrs active duty. I dont blame ya i would do the same thing too.

Comment

• For those who are at FLETC or have just came back from FLETC, what items would you recommend to bring with you that you wish you had brought initially with you? Also, do you receive a list from the agency with what items you are supposed to bring with you? I received the call in December and go to FLETC 14-Feb.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11358 users online. 415 members and 10943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X