300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
    Indio and Shark are right Bry, it doesn't mean much. Only thing that could speed you up is a provisional clearance, even then you still have to wait for the poly. I was told in august that I was being referred for a poly and im still waiting. Indio is right the wait is just brutal! If you get on though its well worth it. Although Yoda does have me beat, he waited 4 years. I remember when I first found this forum and read Yodas posts, I thought to myself I hope I dont have to wait that long. I probably jinxed myself haha. He got on though so be patient it can and will pay off.
    Since I applied in 2008 I believe I have Yoda's time beaten now. If not yet, it's close!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
      Tell me about it! I am really tired of having my heart race and my emotions soar whenever my phone rings/vibrates only to be disappointed seconds later...
      It's coming very soon, I heard from a little birdy that works in my building that the calls are going to start up again very very soon.
      Just FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
        Since I applied in 2008 I believe I have Yoda's time beaten now. If not yet, it's close!!
        Those are a couple of records I would gladly let you all have haha!
        GEO: Northeast
        Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
        e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
        Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
        PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
        Qualifications: Pending
        Drug Screening: Pending
        BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
        Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

Looks like you might, damn pony what do you think your hold up is? Are you still waiting on the poly? Bc that line is damn long and I'm pretty sure I'm the last in line haha.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
            Those are a couple of records I would gladly let you all have haha!
            Bry, hopefully I fall very short of that title.
            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• I haven't seen him around lately and I'm not sure he's still in the applicant pool but if he is, Barnaj has been awaiting a call since before 2008. Then again, his situation was different that most...with him resigning a position while at the academy and then looking to be rehired on months later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                Looks like you might, damn pony what do you think your hold up is? Are you still waiting on the poly? Bc that line is damn long and I'm pretty sure I'm the last in line haha.
                I was formerly BP. Lost my job due to Spanish probationary exam in '01, got my job back in '05 but resigned in '06 due to some family issues. I'm beginning to think the hold up is the old blue versus green thing (I'm sure Merlin gets this one!). J/K

Had my poly last month. AFAIK I passed the poly, but got a NOPA from the screening questions. IIRC I've been referred to scheduling about three times. I've also had to repeat everything so far at least once, with the exception of the PT and drug screen. I suspect that I'll be repeating a drug screening again soon. That's if the reply to the NOPA goes through! Just when the calls start going out, they usually pull me back out of scheduling for one thing or another!
                Last edited by 66Pony; 01-09-2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                  It's coming very soon, I heard from a little birdy that works in my building that the calls are going to start up again very very soon.
                  Just FYI.
                  I hope your birdy's info is 100% accurate Firefox hehe. I get married in July and I am hoping to be out of the academy before the wedding date. I can only imagine the nightmare if I am still at FLETC towards the end of July. Would I even be able to fly out on a Friday night after classes, get married Saturday, and fly back Sunday? Even if it was allowed, that would suck... no honeymoon
                  BPA
                  Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                  TSU: 01/03/13
                  The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                  Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                  Written Test: 04/19/12
                  NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                  TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                  Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                  PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                  Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                  VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                  Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                  Background Investigation: Completed
                  Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                  BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12
                  The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I haven't seen him around lately and I'm not sure he's still in the applicant pool but if he is, Barnaj has been awaiting a call since before 2008. Then again, his situation was different that most...with him resigning a position while at the academy and then looking to be rehired on months later.
                    You waited a while too didn't you Merlin? I remember Barnaj, I just don't remember his dates or his situation. They're still a few long time candidates here and we only represent a small amount of what's truly out there. I just don't want to end up being an example of one. Compared to pony I've got nothing to complain about, but watching all these 11 and 12 testers fly (relatively speaking) through the process is discouraging. My time will come, just wish I could at least get scheduled for a poly. It's been a year since I've had any movement.
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

I was formerly BP. Lost my job due to Spanish probationary exam in '01, got my job back in '05 but resigned in '06 due to some family issues. I'm beginning to think the hold up is the old blue versus green thing (I'm sure Merlin gets this one!). J/K

Had my poly last month. AFAIK I passed the poly, but got a NOPA from the screening questions. IIRC I've been referred to scheduling about three times. I've also had to repeat everything so far at least once, with the exception of the PT and drug screen. I suspect that I'll be repeating a drug screening again soon. That's if the reply to the NOPA goes through! Just when the calls start going out, they usually pull me back out of scheduling for one thing or another!
                      I remember reading that you got the NOPA, that's just terrible. If I remember correctly Yoda had to repeat a lot of steps as well. Getting caught in the never ending cycle of expiring steps is just brutal. I'm surprised they haven't called you again for another pft1. I don't remember how long a buddy of mine waited but they called him to redo it, I think it was awhile though. He was in the process a while as well, then reapplied for SWB(he was waiting for Champlain) and got on quick. Of course he turned it down, bc moving was no longer an option. When I called MHC last they said the only thing that would expire for me is my medical and it's just a form I'd need to fill out. I don't think they thought I'd be waiting more then two years though.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Good morning! I have been lurking for a while now, but I am now posting because I cannot find the answers I am looking for. I have been in the hiring process for BPA and CBPO since Dec 2010, I am currently at the very end of the hiring process. I have my Polygraph scheduled for next wednesday in Chicago which aside from a urinalysis, is my last step for both agencies. I am currently Active Duty military, and my end of enlistment is October of this year. I have over 14 years in, and my command is on board with my decision to make the transition. I can, under a few programs, be separated early from the miltary, but I will need about 8 weeks to have the separation go thru. Once I get "the call" based on other posts, it looks like they give you about a month before you EOD. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on whether or not they work with you on your EOD date? If I ask for 2 months prior to EOD, does anyone have any direct knowlege how they respond?

Comment

• Any suggestions or tips for my VBT and SI which is next month. The VBT seems to be OK according to what I have read. I am nervous about the SI. Thnx!

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                            I hope your birdy's info is 100% accurate Firefox hehe. I get married in July and I am hoping to be out of the academy before the wedding date. I can only imagine the nightmare if I am still at FLETC towards the end of July. Would I even be able to fly out on a Friday night after classes, get married Saturday, and fly back Sunday? Even if it was allowed, that would suck... no honeymoon
                            The caveat to my previous statement would be that with the looming sequestration in March, they might only fill one class or even try to fill one and put it on standby until they have a word on funding (thats what they did with the BP). I know there are a lot of concerns within my current agency regarding future spending.
                            On a side note, if you make the next class there is no chance that you are going to be done with training by July. I was offered the last class and FLETC dates if I remember correctly ended late June.

Comment

• In regards to future hiring and spending, its going to be interesting if the sequester happens, but wouldnt it make sense from a financial standpoint to keep bringing in newer people who arent being paid nearly as much, and to offer the people who have been around a long time early retirement, etc. Also, after searching for a while, I found some figures on attrition rates for cbp, which generally hover anywhere from 3% to 6% depending on the year. With a force of 21k, that means losing between 600 to 1000 from attrition alone. And hopefully a need to bring more people on, if ,and its a big if, the agency still has funding for that staffing level. On another note, if sequestration happens they could put a hiring freeze in place and let the attrition lean the force out itself, or hopefully people leave voluntarily by retiring, etc, leaving room for more new faces.

And if anyone wants to see how I got those attrition rates, I got the numbers from a GAO document as well as some congressional hearings. But it would also be good to point out that the latest year of data for that was 2009, so it could be much lower given the economic circumstances.
                              CBPO:
                              Test- 05/12
                              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                              TSL1/2-08/12
                              PFT1/Med-09/12
                              VBT/SI-10/12
                              Poly-11/12
                              BI-12/12
                              TSU-01/24/13
                              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                              Applied- 06/12
                              PFT-07/12
                              CJBAT- 12/12
                              Panel Interview- 01/13
                              BI- in process

FBI
                              Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I took the VBT/SI Friday. I was nervous going in, but once I got there I just relaxed and answered the questions the best I could. Found out this Monday that I passed.

Just be yourself and do not over think things.

Originally posted by AndEsc View Post
                                Any suggestions or tips for my VBT and SI which is next month. The VBT seems to be OK according to what I have read. I am nervous about the SI. Thnx!
                                GEO: SWB
                                CBPO Exam: 06/12 (90, no vet pref)
                                TSL 1&2: 07/12
                                Med & PFT1: 09/12
                                Quals: 11/12 (GS 07)
                                Pre-employment Forms: 11/12
                                VBT/SI: 01/13
                                Poly: 02/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10090 users online. 335 members and 9755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X