Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about ex spouses. I was checking my equip copy and they didn't ask for my ex wife contact info just her name. Anyway, I did my poly last month but I haven't get any response nor been contacted by BI investigator.
    CBPO

GOE SWB
    Wrtten Test: 2011/OCT/11
    NOR: 2011/OCT/21
    PFT1/MED: 2011/DEC/02 PASS
    VBT/SI: 2012/JAN/23 PASS
    Qualifications: Cleared(7)
    Drug Test: 2012/MAY/18 PASS
    BI : In security Office(I met the BI in Jan 2013)
    Polygraph: 2012/DEC/14
    PFT2: ????
    EOD: ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
      Did any of yours guys background investigators contact your wife or husband?
      Yes, when she set up the appointment she asked if my wife would be home. She actually interviewed her right before me.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        Thats why i applied to more than 1 Agency. Got hired by two the same month and chose CBP. There were plenty of jobs that i thought i qualified for when i retired from the Army, but never received another callback. Its just the way it is.

If you want a LEO job, check around the country and see what cities are in dire need. I know Nashville Metro is always hiring. They start pretty good and if you are fully qualified you get hired. Sometimes you have to be willing to relocate to get something you want. Shoot even if you get CBP you will relocate.

If you are dropped from the process because of the poly, then apply elsewhere..FBI, etc... Most federal LEO jobs require a poly so you will not get away from it.
        That's exactly why I applied to more then one agency. I just wish I had realized that way back when I first applied for CBP, I'd probably be on the job already. I was also more then willing to relocate for CBP, I live in NY and applied for Arizona. As you can tell from my signature I only just started testing for other agency's. I definitely didn't think it would take more then two years to get on when applying for SWB. CBP is my first choice, but at this point though I'd take anything.
        Last edited by Rms16; 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Question for everyone - today my CASS updated to show my BI is in Security Office. Previously it said something to the effect where they had not received all the forms. What does it mean when your BI is in Security Office, if anything? Potentially meeting the BI soon?
          GEO: Northeast
          Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
          e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
          Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
          PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
          Qualifications: Pending
          Drug Screening: Pending
          BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
          Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Sorry Bry3213, as my friend says HAHA! at this point I can say that "BI in the security office" means nothing!!! or means wait!!!
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• I signed a provisional clearance form last Friday 1/4/13 and I met with my BI on Sunday; and today my background investigation went green to completed on the CASS website. That was quick lol. I didn't think the provisional form would even be worked and put into the system by them for at least another week, but I will take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                Question for everyone - today my CASS updated to show my BI is in Security Office. Previously it said something to the effect where they had not received all the forms. What does it mean when your BI is in Security Office, if anything? Potentially meeting the BI soon?
                Well, BI in Security Office means that, Internal Affairs got your BI paperwork and finger-prints and will assign your case to the next available investigator. It could take a few months to a few years to complete; don't believe me? ask "RMS or Yoda " these guys can tell you, how the wait can be excruciating lol.
                Exam: 03/2012
                NOR: 04/2012 81
                Qualified for: GS 7
                TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                EOD:
                PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                  Well, BI in Security Office means that, Internal Affairs got your BI paperwork and finger-prints and will assign your case to the next available investigator. It could take a few months to a few years to complete; don't believe me? ask "RMS or Yoda " these guys can tell you, how the wait can be excruciating lol.
                  Indio and Shark are right Bry, it doesn't mean much. Only thing that could speed you up is a provisional clearance, even then you still have to wait for the poly. I was told in august that I was being referred for a poly and im still waiting. Indio is right the wait is just brutal! If you get on though its well worth it. Although Yoda does have me beat, he waited 4 years. I remember when I first found this forum and read Yodas posts, I thought to myself I hope I dont have to wait that long. I probably jinxed myself haha. He got on though so be patient it can and will pay off.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    Indio and Shark are right Bry, it doesn't mean much. Only thing that could speed you up is a provisional clearance, even then you still have to wait for the poly. I was told in august that I was being referred for a poly and im still waiting. Indio is right the wait is just brutal! If you get on though its well worth it. Although Yoda does have me beat, he waited 4 years. I remember when I first found this forum and read Yodas posts, I thought to myself I hope I dont have to wait that long. I probably jinxed myself haha. He got on though so be patient it can and will pay off.
                    I guess I'll just look it as a minor step in the right direction. Better than having the forms not received, I suppose. I still have 2 more months before my Med clears from LASIK anyway, what's a couple more years anyway???
                    GEO: Northeast
                    Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                    TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                    e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                    Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                    PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                    VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                    Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                    Qualifications: Pending
                    Drug Screening: Pending
                    BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                    Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Well I hope calls go out this week seeing that MHC should be back from their holidays the whole TSU thing is making me toooooooo anxious lol
                      Geo: swb
                      App: 3/26/12
                      Written : 6/12 82%
                      TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                      Med: 9/12
                      VBT: 9/12
                      Quals: 10/12 gs7
                      Poly: 11/12 passed
                      Drug test: 12/12
                      BI: 12/12
                      TSU: 12/27/12
                      The call: 2/06/13
                      EOD: 3/11/13
                      Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Originally posted by dreland32 View Post
                        Well I hope calls go out this week seeing that MHC should be back from their holidays the whole TSU thing is making me toooooooo anxious lol
                        Tell me about it! I am really tired of having my heart race and my emotions soar whenever my phone rings/vibrates only to be disappointed seconds later...
                        BPA
                        Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                        TSU: 01/03/13
                        The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                        Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                        Written Test: 04/19/12
                        NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                        TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                        Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                        Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                        PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                        Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                        VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                        Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                        Background Investigation: Completed
                        Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                        BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                        The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                          Tell me about it! I am really tired of having my heart race and my emotions soar whenever my phone rings/vibrates only to be disappointed seconds later...
                          Ha!!!! The same thing happened to me at work today every stupid text message and every weird number made me sneak a peak at my phone
                          Geo: swb
                          App: 3/26/12
                          Written : 6/12 82%
                          TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                          Med: 9/12
                          VBT: 9/12
                          Quals: 10/12 gs7
                          Poly: 11/12 passed
                          Drug test: 12/12
                          BI: 12/12
                          The call: 2/06/13
                          EOD: 3/11/13
                          Pft2 retest???

Comment

• Hello Everyone and Happy New Year. I haven't been on here too much lately, but I wanted to provide my current timeline and get some feedback if it seems that I'm either moving along slowly or on schedule.

TSL letter - Sept 16th
                            Medical Appt - October ( still pending)
                            VBT/ Interview - Passed November
                            Background - Security office
                            Polygraph - Pending
                            Drug Test - pending

Comment

• Hello everyone! I've been in the process since 05/12. All my checks are green besides the drug test and background. Those say pending. Unfortunately I received a letter from IA stating I "failed to successfully complete the polygraph and that i'm unsuitable for employment". It further stats that Human Resources Management will provide the final notice on my status. I find this unbelievable as I'm currently a police officer with a outstanding history. There's nothing shady in my background. Its picture perfect. The IA guy who did the polygraph only stated that there was something on my mind and i'm not telling. The letter doesn't say that I can contest their decision. I would like to tho. Anybody has any advice on the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                                I guess I'll just look it as a minor step in the right direction. Better than having the forms not received, I suppose. I still have 2 more months before my Med clears from LASIK anyway, what's a couple more years anyway???
                                Don't get me wrong any movement is good, just don't get over hyped. Look at me it's been a year since anything happened for me. Just try and keep optimistic and sane, bc this process can drive you nuts.
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9962 users online. 515 members and 9447 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X