300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    I think it had to do with the Fiscal Cliff vote, now that they know what the time line looks like they can get back to business as usual ( at least until March).
    In My opinion, it probably did at least to a small degree, and probably still does, in that were going to get another big budget battle here soon, with the sequester included. But I also think it was people being people during the holidays, with vacations, 3-4 day work weeks, and the flu season in full gear, I'm sure the pipeline is a bit bogged down. Im sure it'll pick up again pretty soon at least.
    CBPO:
    Test- 05/12
    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
    TSL1/2-08/12
    PFT1/Med-09/12
    VBT/SI-10/12
    Poly-11/12
    BI-12/12
    TSU-01/24/13
    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
    Applied- 06/12
    PFT-07/12
    CJBAT- 12/12
    Panel Interview- 01/13
    BI- in process

FBI
    Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Well I meet with the last BI tomorrow.... Tons of paper work to show him....... I got another green check yesterday, I only have one more to go. Lets go CBP, I really want this job but I have overseas contractor jobs blowing up my email for jobs in Afghanistan. I dont really want to go back to one of those third world countries but I can't/wont wait for CBP forever! I digress! Just a little venting here nothing more lol
      Test -02 April 2012
      NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
      TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
      Qualifications - (Pending)
      PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
      VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
      Drug Test - (pending)
      Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
      B.I. - In security office
      Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
      PFT2 -
      EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Corruption persists at Customs and Border Protection

Nearly 150 Customs and Border Protection officers were arrested or indicted for corruption over the last eight years, a new report has found.

A majority of the officers were stationed along the Southwest border, the Government Accountability Office determined. An additional 2,170 were arrested for misconduct in the same time period.

GAO cited CBP’s lack of review and oversight of its employees and monitoring processes as complicit in allowing corruption to fester within the agency. Incidents of corruption included fraud, harboring aliens, selling immigration documents and allowing loads of narcotics through a port or checkpoint.

Of the 144 corruption incidents, 103 -- more than 70 percent -- were considered “mission-compromising.” CBP even reported some instances of “infiltrators” seeking and gaining employment at the agency for the sole purpose of engaging in mission-compromising activity. For example, an officer stationed in El Paso, Texas, was arrested in 2007 for conspiring to import 5,000 pounds of marijuana each month into the United States.

Less than 1 percent of arrests for misconduct, however, were related to CBP’s mission.

GAO recommended CBP -- part of the Homeland Security Department -- better track which pre-employment screens assist in identifying unacceptable job applicants. CBP currently conducts background investigations and polygraph examinations for potential hires, but does not monitor which tactics are the most effective. GAO also suggested CBP assess the feasibility of expanding the polygraph program to include occasional tests for current employees.

Additionally, the auditors said the agency should improve the quality assurance of its screenings and set a timetable to complete a comprehensive employee-integrity strategy.

CBP concurred with all of GAO’s recommendations, saying while an overwhelming majority of its employees are honest and hardworking, there is little room for error.

“Any act of employee corruption interferes with the agency’s mission to secure the nation’s borders against all threats and facilitate legitimate travel and trade,” Jim Crumpacker, DHS’ chief liaison to GAO, wrote in a letter to the auditors.

Comment

• I received an e-mail yesterday morning for me to sign for a provisional clearance; and then yesterday afternoon I received a call from a background investigator. He told me that he just received my packet yesterday and was informed to rush my background thru. I am meeting with him tomorrow and he is also meeting with a few other contacts of mine tomorrow and Monday he said. It is good to hear that he was told to hurry my background thru; however, I don't graduate with my bachelors degree until May so the process can only really go so fast for me at this point. I'm not 100% sure how they handle applicants that haven't graduated yet. I'm guessing that everything can clear except for my qualifications and then after I graduate I will send my final transcript in and then wait on a spot to open up. If anybody has any information on this I would appreciate it. Thank you

Comment

• So the way it will work is when your name comes up to get offered a position they will call you and ask if there is any reason why you could not report to EOD on a certain date at that point you can tell them what your school situation is and your name would then go back into the hopper for a position at a later date.

As far as the rush on your background goes, it is more likely that they have had it for a number of months and only have a short time to complete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              So the way it will work is when your name comes up to get offered a position they will call you and ask if there is any reason why you could not report to EOD on a certain date at that point you can tell them what your school situation is and your name would then go back into the hopper for a position at a later date.

As far as the rush on your background goes, it is more likely that they have had it for a number of months and only have a short time to complete it.
              Agreed, my investigator said he was trying to hurry up and finish my backround report. It took him 2.5 weeks to complete it. It was sent to MHC last week.
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                Agreed, my investigator said he was trying to hurry up and finish my backround report. It took him 2.5 weeks to complete it. It was sent to MHC last week.
                When I met with mine it was the same situation, he had it sitting on his desk for about 2 months before I met him and he told me he had one week to finish it.

Comment

• 3 hours later...... Met with BI and now he submits his report! Now the real wait begins- gents
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Qualifications - (Pending)
                  PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                  VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                  B.I. - In security office
                  Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• FYI:

CBP doesn't trust its employees. So if you get hired, be prepared for that mentality from management.

Comment

• I need some advice about what to do. Last month, I failed a portion of my polygraph exam. I've kept reading for months on this forum about how most applicants need to take it a 2nd and a 3rd time before passing and in some instances... a 4th time. After failing my polygraph last month, I received a letter in the mail today stating that because of the failed polygraph, that they will find me unsuitable for the position and "good luck" AFTER 4 YEARS in this process. (I took my exam in 2008). How come I was not offered a 2nd time chance to take the poly like every other applicant? I had passed all parts of the poly except for one portion. The officer administering the polygraph tried to infer that I smuggle drugs because I had traveled to South America several times. (I've never even tried smoking a cigarette in my life, and same with pot or any other drug - never). It bothers me a great deal that he would try to assume otherwise and now, after 4 years, my chances seem completely shot based on a ridiculous poly exam and an officer who wouldn't be satisfied until I would confess to some "serious crime." I find this absurd and I don't know what to do next.

Comment

• Those of us who are in TSU or are close to it, what port are you hoping to get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                          I need some advice about what to do. Last month, I failed a portion of my polygraph exam. I've kept reading for months on this forum about how most applicants need to take it a 2nd and a 3rd time before passing and in some instances... a 4th time. After failing my polygraph last month, I received a letter in the mail today stating that because of the failed polygraph, that they will find me unsuitable for the position and "good luck" AFTER 4 YEARS in this process. (I took my exam in 2008). How come I was not offered a 2nd time chance to take the poly like every other applicant? I had passed all parts of the poly except for one portion. The officer administering the polygraph tried to infer that I smuggle drugs because I had traveled to South America several times. (I've never even tried smoking a cigarette in my life, and same with pot or any other drug - never). It bothers me a great deal that he would try to assume otherwise and now, after 4 years, my chances seem completely shot based on a ridiculous poly exam and an officer who wouldn't be satisfied until I would confess to some "serious crime." I find this absurd and I don't know what to do next.
                          I got that same letter...I don't get it, a few weeks ago I was told I was cleared, now I get a letter...whatever. Everything happens for a reason. I am however going to write a letter back to the person and ask for a second polygraph. I don't get why others were offered multiple polys and me(and you) only one. Oh well, time will tell

Comment

• Me neither. It seems almost like a 2nd polygraph is standard procedure for everyone... if not 3. One person on this forum had a 4th poly. I even offered to pay the expenses for a 2nd polygraph. I made it through 2 full background investigations and to be brushed off because of the poly... I don't get it either. Please keep me posted of your situation. I will do the same... write a letter to the person who sent me the letter in the mail and to the officer who administered the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                              I got that same letter...I don't get it, a few weeks ago I was told I was cleared, now I get a letter...whatever. Everything happens for a reason. I am however going to write a letter back to the person and ask for a second polygraph. I don't get why others were offered multiple polys and me(and you) only one. Oh well, time will tell
                              Add me as the third. I intend to write a letter as well. I'm peeved that we weren't offered an add'l exam and that we didn't get a Notice of Proposed Action (NOPA) letter instead. Why do some people get NOPAs with the option to appeal while we've just been written off? I'm further annoyed because I'm convinced that I "failed" the exam because they didn't like my answers, not because I wasn't truthful with them. I could stomach the rejection much better if I were told the former. But to mark me as a liar? I'm not pleased at all right now.
                              CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
                              Application: 3/26/12
                              Exam: 4/27/12
                              NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
                              TSL1: 6/12/12
                              TSL2: 6/13/12
                              Fingerprints: 6/19/12
                              Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
                              PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
                              VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
                              Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
                              Drug test: ?
                              Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
                              PFT2: ?
                              Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
                                Add me as the third. I intend to write a letter as well. I'm peeved that we weren't offered an add'l exam and that we didn't get a Notice of Proposed Action (NOPA) letter instead. Why do some people get NOPAs with the option to appeal while we've just been written off? I'm further annoyed because I'm convinced that I "failed" the exam because they didn't like my answers, not because I wasn't truthful with them. I could stomach the rejection much better if I were told the former. But to mark me as a liar? I'm not pleased at all right now.
                                I could be mistaking but I believe those who are given a NOPA is because something was discussed during the poly that could be considered disqualifying or something came up in your background. The poly itself is a go no go exercise I believe, those who get a second or third have some unexplained inconsistencies but are not considered a fail. I am not saying any of you guys lied but I am assuming your poly was considered a straight fail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8472 users online. 261 members and 8211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X