300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
    Anyone have a number to inquire about the polygraph results? Almost 9 weeks and havent heard anything
    I sent an e-mail to my examiner and he have not answer yet from QC. I think that is your best option. Did they said that you passed?
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
      I sent an e-mail to my examiner and he have not answer yet from QC. I think that is your best option. Did they said that you passed?
      Wasn't sure, could go either way, might need to come back for additional testing.

Comment

• I took the poly yesterday and failed. Apprarently I am witholding/concealing/sharing info about national security in connection with foreign contacts. I guess the fact that I did a semester abroad in the UK and still keep in contact w/ my friends via email there warrants red flags to fly up. I am baffled right now. I know I have a better shot of winning the lottery than having QC reverse the decision and take another poly. I took a poly w/ US Cap Police a year ago and was offered a COE. I laughed when the person told me this was the reason I failed.

I wanted to tell the person conducting the test, that I dont have time to take time off work, pay for travel to DC, and spend 8hrs in a test to lie or conceal info about "natl security". But I know this would not have changed anything and the gov't has their "process" with everything.

Just a a fyi for people taking the poly- the machine is not 100% accurate, that is why it is not used in court. It is frustrating to know that a machine can have a direct impact on your potential career path.

I wish everyone the best of luck. Adios

Comment

• [QUOTE=gunner73;3198307]I took the poly yesterday and failed. Apprarently I am witholding/concealing/sharing info about national security in connection with foreign contacts. I guess the fact that I did a semester abroad in the UK and still keep in contact w/ my friends via email there warrants red flags to fly up. I am baffled right now. I know I have a better shot of winning the lottery than having QC reverse the decision and take another poly. I took a poly w/ US Cap Police a year ago and was offered a COE. I laughed when the person told me this was the reason I failed.

I wanted to tell the person conducting the test, that I dont have time to take time off work, pay for travel to DC, and spend 8hrs in a test to lie or conceal info about "natl security". But I know this would not have changed anything and the gov't has their "process" with everything.

Just a a fyi for people taking the poly- the machine is not 100% accurate, that is why it is not used in court. It is frustrating to know that a machine can have a direct impact on your potential career path.

I wish everyone the best of luck. Adios[/QUOT]

My examiner told me that I did not passes because 1 question (he said that in a e-mail he sent to me) but I will need to wait for QC because they have the last word. So... just wait for the final notice..... As you said, I did not travel from PA to FL the Thanksgiving day to lie..... I did my best... now it is on their hands. Good luck gunner73 and don't say ADIOS yet...
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Omg! Just scheduled my appt for a drug test tomorrow!!!! :-0
            Excited and nervous cuz I feel like its getting closer sooner than I imagined.....
            CBPO SWB
            Application: 3/28/12
            Exam: 4/26/12
            NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
            TSL: 6/12/12
            TSL2: 6/13/12
            Eqip: clear 6/28/12
            Fingerprint: 6/22/12
            PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
            Quals: GS7 8/28/12
            PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
            Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
            VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
            Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
            Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
            Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

Anyone have a number to inquire about the polygraph results? Almost 9 weeks and havent heard anything
              Call IA..i deleted the number but if you search my user name for posts i posted you will find it. Start with anything after August. I took mine Aug 8th and they had the results Sept 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallujahmarine View Post
                Hello Everyone, I have a question to any VETS on here. So I have 40 percent disability from the VA due to and IED strike and having TBI. I'm fine, no major issues, occasional migranes but nothing serious, it was far much worse last year. I recently received a letter from CPB stating that I need to provide further documentation to prove that i can still do the job etc. Are there any VETS on here that have experienced something similar to this in the process? Thank you
                I would say documentation from your doctor saying you can perform the duties with no special requirements needed. Maybe a letter from your current employer if you are currently employed stating you have not missed work or had any issues while employed. You get major consideration with 40% disabilty, but on the other hand it is a law enforecement job so you have to be pretty healthy to do it. If you are not on any medications have that included because that would be a plus. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                  Omg! Just scheduled my appt for a drug test tomorrow!!!! :-0
                  Excited and nervous cuz I feel like its getting closer sooner than I imagined.....
                  I took my drug test last Thursday and got the call the next day, so it could be very close for you.

Comment

Call MHC, they would be the only ones who can say if you cleared on your poly if they even have anything yet...I took mine sept and early oct and just found something out thru them this week.

(952) 857-2943
                    CBPO SWB
                    Application: 3/28/12
                    Exam: 4/26/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                    TSL: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/13/12
                    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• This is weird! I got an email this morning from HQ asking me to print out and attach back to the email reply the following forms: Driver's license agreement, CBPO Provisional clearance, and BPA Provisional clearance. Did they expire from the last time I sent them in? I sent the DL form along with my Equip back in June '12 and the provisional clearance back in August '12. My CASS for pre-employment forms turned green a while back so I know they originally did receive them :S
                      BPA
                      Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                      TSU: 01/03/13
                      The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                      Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                      Written Test: 04/19/12
                      NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                      TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                      Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                      PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                      Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                      VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                      Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                      Background Investigation: Completed
                      Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                      BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                      TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• So I called a million different numbers and spoke to someone in internal affairs and said I moved onto the background investigation. She said now its up to the "personal security division" to make the final determination. I guess I passed the polygraph?

On another note, I received my NYS pistol permit in the mail today
                        Last edited by steve88; 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• okay folks! I called Minneapolis to verify that they received the 3 forms I emailed them earlier today. The HR lady confirmed that they did receive them and she said, "As soon as background turns in the final paperwork, you should be good to go". In my head I thought to myself, "Well yeah but when??!". Of course I took the opportunity to ask about my polygraph. Before I was even able to finish my sentence of: "I took my polygraph last week and..." she interrupted me and said "Yes, I see it here and you passed". I rejoiced as that was HR confirming I did indeed pass the poly. Then I asked her what time frame I was looking at before the background unit was done and I got the call. She said that sometime within the next two weeks!! She was not able to give a definitive date of course because, "Due to the holidays that it might clog things up a bit, but sometime within the next two weeks". I of course thanked her for the info and wished her happy holidays! LOL The crazy part is that my poly examiner said the exact same thing "by last week of December, first week of January you should hear from HQ (The Call)". Now I have two sources telling me that. Trying not to get too excited here, since I haven't met the B.Investigator yet but it's so hard to contain my excitement.
                          BPA

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                            I received an email acknowledging the fact that I did a defferal and will be mde another offer after 30 days. I actually learned something new as well about the process, you are not ranked by the date you clear all the steps but you are ranked by your NOR score after you clear within your region and offers are given out that way.
                            No wonder I got an offer 12 hours after I took my drug test :-) my NOR was 100.

Still planning on Charlotte on Jan 14th for Feb 14th academy. Haven't been scheduled for PFT2 yet, but it's not a big deal.
                            CBPO
                            Geo - Southeast
                            Test - 10/08/11
                            NOR - 10/21/11 (100)
                            NOR 2 - 4/06/12 (still 100)
                            T.O.- 6/7/12
                            e-Quip Completed - 6/24/12
                            Med/fitness - 6/10/12
                            VBT/SI - 7/25/12
                            Poly - 9/09/12
                            Drug Test - 11/30

Comment

So I called a million different numbers and spoke to someone in internal affairs and said I moved onto the background investigation. She said now its up to the "personal security division" to make the final determination. I guess I passed the polygraph?

On another note, I received my pistol permit in the mail today

Do you know which number you called, I have called the 2943 number a few times and keep getting automated messages?

edit: never mind...tried again and got an actual person....turns out they forgot to send me the provisional clearance stuff and my poly has been continued in the process. Also they needed my official transcripts(sealed) and hadnt told me in a few months. Awesome, funny how much a simple call can clear up.
                              Last edited by payniel; 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM.
                              CBPO:
                              Test- 05/12
                              NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                              TSL1/2-08/12
                              PFT1/Med-09/12
                              VBT/SI-10/12
                              Poly-11/12
                              BI-12/12
                              TSU-01/24/13
                              1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                              Applied- 06/12
                              PFT-07/12
                              CJBAT- 12/12
                              Panel Interview- 01/13
                              BI- in process

FBI
                              Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Wow!! Here's in update! I just got a call!!.... .... .... from the background investigator LOL. We have made an appointment to meet tomorrow at my work site! It's been a good day! So far today, I have sent to HQ an updated provisional clearance form, I have been told I will get the call within the next 2 weeks, they just needed some forms to be turned in by the background unit, and I have received a call from the investigator to schedule the meeting. Maybe it is true after all, and I will get the call within the next 2 weeks!!
                                BPA

CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4569 users online. 266 members and 4303 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X