Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Twink View Post
    Nope no BI yet....that's why I was surprised I got the polygraphs as I haven't met with an investigator. I'm just glad that I don't have to do another poly. I passed both times and nothing to hide but the experience is stressful beyond words, lol. Btw, I looked at the ports on te cbp website and its a bit confusing because California is considered pacific? Also alot of cities in Texas that I didn't know we're included as swb ports like Dallas, Austin, Houston? Really need some clarification please
    I took my poly before I met with the BI also.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
      I took my poly before I met with the BI also.
      I think from now on the poly will come before meeting your BI. I met my BI almost a year and a half ago and still haven't taken a poly. That's bc I've been waiting so long that everything changed on me haha.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

      NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

      PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shark View Post
        I have a question,

        I sent an e-mail to my examiner about my poly and he told me via e-mail that if Quality Control don’t see anything that warranted further testing, they most likely they forward it my file along with the polygraph results up to Washington DC for adjudication and that I have to be patient and allow the Personnel Security Office time to adjudicate your file and decide what they want to do..

        Can anybody tell me what adjudication means? what could be the scenario here?

        Thank you.
        From the CBP.gov FAQ website

        Q: What is adjudication and what is involved in the adjudication process?
        A: Adjudication is the evaluation of data contained in a background investigation, a polygraph exam, and/or any other available relevant reports, to determine whether an individual is suitable for federal employment or eligible for access to classified information.

        Polygraph results are submitted to the Personnel Security Division, and are adjudicated as part of your background investigation. The Credibility Assessment Division (polygraph program) does not participate in the adjudications process. PSD may contact you during the background investigation process to schedule additional interviews or request additional information. You can check the status of your application by visiting Applications Manager website.
        BPA
        Applied (CA): 08/02/11
        TSU: 01/03/13
        The Call: 02/01/13

        CBPO
        Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
        Written Test: 04/19/12
        NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
        TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
        Pre-Employment forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
        PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
        Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
        VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
        Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
        Background Investigation: Completed
        Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
        BI Meeting: 12/20/12
        TSU: 12/27/12
        The Call: 02/01/13

        Comment


        • Originally posted by -USER- View Post
          From the CBP.gov FAQ website

          Q: What is adjudication and what is involved in the adjudication process?
          A: Adjudication is the evaluation of data contained in a background investigation, a polygraph exam, and/or any other available relevant reports, to determine whether an individual is suitable for federal employment or eligible for access to classified information.

          Polygraph results are submitted to the Personnel Security Division, and are adjudicated as part of your background investigation. The Credibility Assessment Division (polygraph program) does not participate in the adjudications process. PSD may contact you during the background investigation process to schedule additional interviews or request additional information. You can check the status of your application by visiting Applications Manager website.
          Thank you so much USER for the information and for you PM... Good luck!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            I took my poly before I met with the BI also.
            I also took my Poly (Both of them) before I met my investigator.
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
            TSU: 3/28/13
            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
            FLETC: 9/13/13

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nonsense View Post
              Both mnewsome and I turned down offers due to locations being unacceptable to our families... that being said, we were removed from consideration and we had to reapply at the next announcement. I am very surprised that they told you what they did. I'm not saying I don't believe it, they may have changed the process since last year. Keep in mind, it is a gamble, mnewsome is EOD'ing very soon, and I am still waiting to be contacted for a poly and who knows when that will be.
              I received an email acknowledging the fact that I did a defferal and will be mde another offer after 30 days. I actually learned something new as well about the process, you are not ranked by the date you clear all the steps but you are ranked by your NOR score after you clear within your region and offers are given out that way.
              Last edited by Firefox; 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM.

              Comment


              • Hello Everyone, I have a question to any VETS on here. So I have 40 percent disability from the VA due to and IED strike and having TBI. I'm fine, no major issues, occasional migranes but nothing serious, it was far much worse last year. I recently received a letter from CPB stating that I need to provide further documentation to prove that i can still do the job etc. Are there any VETS on here that have experienced something similar to this in the process? Thank you

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                  I received an email acknowledging the fact that I did a defferal and will be mde another offer after 30 days. I actually learned something new as well about the process, you are not ranked by the date you clear all the steps but you are ranked by your NOR after you clear within your region and offers are given out that way.
                  Edit: sorry I misread the post, you are ranked by TSL not by NOR. So if a 2012 TSL and a 2011 TSL both clear at the same time, the 2011 TSL gets the call before the 2012.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 12-18-2012, 05:29 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

                  NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                  PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                  Comment


                  • I got a call today to take my drug test on Thursday. This is the last step in the process for me. For those that have recently gotten "the call", had your background in CASS updated (green check) before you got the call? As of today, my background in CASS has not updated, but I have a feeling that the call will probably call soon after my drug test clears.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Edit: sorry I misread the post, you are ranked by TSL not by NOR. So if a 2012 TSL and a 2011 TSL both clear at the same time, the 2011 TSL gets the call before the 2012.
                      I am not sure if that is correct or not, this is what was in the email I recieved.

                      "Applicants are referred to the Scheduling Unit in score order on a certificate of eligibles based on their geographic location, test score and applicable veteran’s preference points." (Per Scheduling Unit Email)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fallujahmarine View Post
                        Hello Everyone, I have a question to any VETS on here. So I have 40 percent disability from the VA due to and IED strike and having TBI. I'm fine, no major issues, occasional migranes but nothing serious, it was far much worse last year. I recently received a letter from CPB stating that I need to provide further documentation to prove that i can still do the job etc. Are there any VETS on here that have experienced something similar to this in the process? Thank you
                        Go to your VA Doc have them sign off that you can do the required job duties, submit all rating decisions, and medical records. As long as your doc says your okay, you should be good.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                          I got a call today to take my drug test on Thursday. This is the last step in the process for me. For those that have recently gotten "the call", had your background in CASS updated (green check) before you got the call? As of today, my background in CASS has not updated, but I have a feeling that the call will probably call soon after my drug test clears.
                          Hey, same here. Im taking the drug test this coming thursday!! I have a feeling the final call is coming soon...
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EASF View Post
                            Hey, same here. Im taking the drug test this coming thursday!! I have a feeling the final call is coming soon...
                            Have you net with your BI yet?

                            Comment


                            • I was just sitting here reading the latest posts. I recalled something my poly operator and I talked about that was, not only a little humorous, by applicable to everything in the process....patience. Hang in there and let the process run it's course. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, but there's nothing anyone can do to speed it up or change it's course. All you'll end up doing is driving yourself crazy. Obviously an issue can arrise during the process that you'll need to take action on and address. If you've submitted requested paperwork, attended appointments (for whatever), that's what you have direct control over. Hang in there folks!

                              BTW, the comment? When I was finished he told me he'd send the results up to quality review and they'd notify me. He ended by saying it may take a little time but to "just be patient". I replied to him, "Well, you're talking to a guy that's been in the hiring process for 4 1/2 years. I think I qualify for being patient!" We both got a good chuckle out of it.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone have a number to inquire about the polygraph results? Almost 9 weeks and havent heard anything

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10778 users online. 517 members and 10261 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X