Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange question...I know. But I'm making a list and packing all my stuff for the next 7 months of SYS & FLETC. More importantly, I'm making a list of things to purchase.

Are there any uniform standards stating t-shirt specifications? Black, white, V or crew neck?
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinInAtl View Post
      I asked specifically about locations when I was offered only one, because I would prefer Atlanta by far, and I wouldn't mind a deferral. They told me that if I turned down Charlotte, I would be completely removed from the process. No deferral was ever offered....I would have taken it!

I'm not unhappy with Charlotte, but the Mr. and I already own 2 houses in Atlanta and it would be much better to be able to stay where we own property.

Seriously, I have heard so many different things - is there really a 3 year wait before you can try to transfer?
      3 years until you can transfer?
      GEO: Northeast
      Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
      TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
      e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
      Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
      PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
      Qualifications: Pending
      Drug Screening: Pending
      BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
      Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
        It was such a deflating experience though, you go from being very excited that they called to knowing about 2 minutes later that you just can't take any of those locations.

Who knows what will happen, the gal from the scheduling unit did not offer up the 30 day deferral until I pressed the situation a little. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I mentioned I was a ten point vet and I could just file another application since I have completed all the steps.
        She was very helpful and understood the situation, I must say I have had great experience with the MHC.

If I do not get another job offer I can accept that, my family is just too important to me to strain it in anyway by taking a location that we would not like. Plus I am still in the running for the DEA SA position, as well as AFOSI, and the Deputy US Marshal, and I'm a current federal employee so its not like I don't have a job.
        I hear ya, I was in the same situation. I hope it works out for you. My extended wait this time is probably because I changed my geo with the march announcement.
        CBPO
        Geo - West Coast
        Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
        NOR - 4/2/12
        TSL - 6/12/12
        PFT1 - green
        BI -
        Quals -
        VBT/SI - green
        Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
          Very strange question...I know. But I'm making a list and packing all my stuff for the next 7 months of SYS & FLETC. More importantly, I'm making a list of things to purchase.

Are there any uniform standards stating t-shirt specifications? Black, white, V or crew neck?
          At the academy, you'll be wearing "smurfs" until they issue your class 2 and class 3 uniforms. These require a white crew neck t-shirt. I recommend purchasing white moisture wicking t-shirts. Once your class is issued the class 2 and 3 uniforms, you'll also be issued four moisture wicking t-shirts as well. It gets really hot/humid at FLETC. The moisture wicking shirts help quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinInAtl View Post
            I asked specifically about locations when I was offered only one, because I would prefer Atlanta by far, and I wouldn't mind a deferral. They told me that if I turned down Charlotte, I would be completely removed from the process. No deferral was ever offered....I would have taken it!

I'm not unhappy with Charlotte, but the Mr. and I already own 2 houses in Atlanta and it would be much better to be able to stay where we own property.

Seriously, I have heard so many different things - is there really a 3 year wait before you can try to transfer?
            its either 2 or 3. luckily Atlanta and Charlotte are under the same HQ and i would guess that their probably is someone in Atlanta that hates it and may swap with you to Charlotte whenever you become eligible. The Chief that called me from Charlotte to welcome me said he was from Atlanta as a matter of fact. He said I was the first new hire in a while. most officers were transfers from other places. see in a couple years what happens. We are going to spend the first half of 2013 in the academy anyways.

Comment

• No, you do NOT have to wait 3 years to SWAP with someone. Finding someone to go from ALT to NC should not be hard, in my opinion. ESPECIALLY considering the amount of people ALT just hired. I am sure some of them would prefer to go to NC or NC would be closer to home for some of them. Either way, I definitely think it's a smart move taking the job that was offered to you. I started as a 7 and now I am a 9... I did a swap with a 12. As soon as I finished my OJT (which extends beyond the one year probationary period), I was eligible for a swap. The swap took like 2 months AFTER I filed the paperwork to be approved and about a month to set a date once it was finalized. There is hope. If you take a LATERAL re-assignment, or promotion to ALT, you do not need to wait 3 years either. There are venues out there. Be patient and expect to be in NC for the long haul of a few years but have some faith too!

Comment

• Personally, I would be hesitant to advise anybody to take this job under any reasonable expectation of moving within the first 3-5 years...especially if the parameters of the move limit one to a single port, limited ports, or limited geographical area(s).

Yeah, some people manage to get where they want after a few years or so. Still, a lot of people bitterly quit and end up joining the BP, ICE, state/locals, etc. because good fortune happens not to shine on them.

If you're not uphappy with the location offered, take the job with the idea that you'll be at that location for a long, long time. If you're lucky enough to manage to get relocated soon to your 'dream' location, great. If not, you'll likely have limited options to move...and limited locations to move to.

My

Comment

• Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday after my poly. I went straight from it to work. I received the call for the poly on Thursday afternoon. They asked if I could make it at 9am the next morning. It was only a 1 1/2 hour drive for me to get there. Another CBP applicant was also there and told me he had a 3 hour drive!

My poly lasted 5 hours. I was really sweating making it back in time! The poly operator was totally professional, but really cool and straight forward with me. He covered every question prior to actually running the poly. I was told there was a few things which showed a little "sensitivity" to in my response, but nothing that required additional tests and were below the failure point. He stated that based on what he saw I would be a pass, but the final determination was from the quality review folks. He stated they could pass me, request another poly or fail me. A definitely maybe! LOL Now it's just down to waiting for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                    Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday after my poly. I went straight from it to work. I received the call for the poly on Thursday afternoon. They asked if I could make it at 9am the next morning. It was only a 1 1/2 hour drive for me to get there. Another CBP applicant was also there and told me he had a 3 hour drive!

My poly lasted 5 hours. I was really sweating making it back in time! The poly operator was totally professional, but really cool and straight forward with me. He covered every question prior to actually running the poly. I was told there was a few things which showed a little "sensitivity" to in my response, but nothing that required additional tests and were below the failure point. He stated that based on what he saw I would be a pass, but the final determination was from the quality review folks. He stated they could pass me, request another poly or fail me. A definitely maybe! LOL Now it's just down to waiting for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
                    Dont worry your good to go. IA will have your results in 6 to 8 weeks.

Comment

• Called MHC and was told my BI passed for preliminary clearance...any idea if that means anything?
                      CBPO SWB
                      Application: 3/28/12
                      Exam: 4/26/12
                      NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                      TSL: 6/12/12
                      TSL2: 6/13/12
                      Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                      Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                      PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                      Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                      PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                      Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                      Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                      Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                      Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                        Called MHC and was told my BI passed for preliminary clearance...any idea if that means anything?
                        Hi Twink, can you tell me the phone number you called?

Thanks!
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:12/10
                        TSl: 5/11
                        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                        Met BI:1/12
                        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 3/12
                        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                          Hi Twink, can you tell me the phone number you called?

Thanks!
                          I pm the #
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                            I pm the #
                            Thanks Twink
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• so last week i sent in my explanation reguarding my unsuitability. well this morning i got an email saying the medical records i sent in for a surgery i had 10 years ago were insufficient and they needed something else. im really hoping im still in the process.

to anyone who was found unsuitable, how long did it take to get a response after your letter or explanation?

Comment

• So, I just took a voice stress analysis test for my sponsorship for Orange country Sheriffs and damn that was a lot better than the polygraph....guy was nice, and wasn't doing the whole interrogation thing. Also only took about an hour. From what Ive researched on VSA's they are even worse in terms of accuracy then polys, but Id rather go through a VSA again then another poly.

Hey Twink, mind pming the number to me as well? Ive emailed them and all I get is an automated response.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13
                                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

FBI
                                Phase two: probably never

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10211 users online. 371 members and 9840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X