300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post

Also, I noticed a posting for Marine Interdiction Agents...this is obviously separate from CBPO, but will that interfere with my application for CBPO?
    to get that job you have to have a SIXPACK from the US Coast Guard. its just not that easy to get that job..

Comment

• Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
      to get that job you have to have a SIXPACK from the US Coast Guard. its just not that easy to get that job..

Haha yea, I was talking to a friend in ICE and he echoed your sentiments. Said that is pretty much the best job in Law Enforcement, and you need some serious CG certain. Def font have them so I didn't apply, I just remember being in the VBT/SI location and reading some paperwork on the Interdiction Agents. Sounds pretty badass...
      GEO: Northeast
      Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
      TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
      e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
      Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
      PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
      Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
      Qualifications: Pending
      Drug Screening: Pending
      BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
      Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

Haha yea, I was talking to a friend in ICE and he echoed your sentiments. Said that is pretty much the best job in Law Enforcement, and you need some serious CG certain. Def font have them so I didn't apply, I just remember being in the VBT/SI location and reading some paperwork on the Interdiction Agents. Sounds pretty badass...
        It can't hurt to apply anyway. The worst they can do is say you didn't get the job
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
          It can't hurt to apply anyway. The worst they can do is say you didn't get the job
          If I had the Coast Guard certifications I would definitely consider it. Not worth going through the motions and traveling for all the tests if there's no realistic shot at getting it due to the pre-reqs.
          GEO: Northeast
          Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
          e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
          Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
          PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
          Qualifications: Pending
          Drug Screening: Pending
          BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
          Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            Not how it was explained to me, the lady told me that in 30 days my name goes back on the eligible to hire list based on the date cleared to hire and then they run down the list and because there are so many openings down south it shouldn't be a problem. Regardless, putting strain on my family for a job is not worth it.

I was offered Presidio, and Eagle Pass.
            Both mnewsome and I turned down offers due to locations being unacceptable to our families... that being said, we were removed from consideration and we had to reapply at the next announcement. I am very surprised that they told you what they did. I'm not saying I don't believe it, they may have changed the process since last year. Keep in mind, it is a gamble, mnewsome is EOD'ing very soon, and I am still waiting to be contacted for a poly and who knows when that will be.
            CBPO
            Geo - West Coast
            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
            NOR - 4/2/12
            TSL - 6/12/12
            PFT1 - green
            BI -
            Quals -
            VBT/SI - green
            Drug Screen - green

Comment

Not how it was explained to me, the lady told me that in 30 days my name goes back on the eligible to hire list based on the date cleared to hire and then they run down the list and because there are so many openings down south it shouldn't be a problem. Regardless, putting strain on my family for a job is not worth it.

I was offered Presidio, and Eagle Pass.
              cool..they didnt tell me that last year. Have you and your wife checked out Douglas, AZ in case they don't have Nogales? its in the same region, Sierra Vista is between them which is where Fort Huachuca is. I was stationed there a few years. might be something to consider.

Comment

If I had the Coast Guard certifications I would definitely consider it. Not worth going through the motions and traveling for all the tests if there's no realistic shot at getting it due to the pre-reqs.
                if you dont have the Certification it wont even let you move on with hiring steps.

i have been with CBP for 4 years now and i'm working on getting my 6pack on my own (about 600 bucks) and i have own a boat for over 10 years and can document most of my useage for the certification and for A&M. they open this about twice a year, and i should be ready for the next one.

Comment

• Based on the pattern from what people are seeing or from people's own experience: approximately how long after passing a polygraph does one get offered the job (The call) ?
                  BPA
                  Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                  TSU: 01/03/13
                  The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                  Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                  Written Test: 04/19/12
                  NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                  TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                  Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                  PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                  Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                  VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                  Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                  Background Investigation: Completed
                  Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                  BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
                    Both mnewsome and I turned down offers due to locations being unacceptable to our families... that being said, we were removed from consideration and we had to reapply at the next announcement. I am very surprised that they told you what they did. I'm not saying I don't believe it, they may have changed the process since last year. Keep in mind, it is a gamble, mnewsome is EOD'ing very soon, and I am still waiting to be contacted for a poly and who knows when that will be.
                    It was such a deflating experience though, you go from being very excited that they called to knowing about 2 minutes later that you just can't take any of those locations.

Who knows what will happen, the gal from the scheduling unit did not offer up the 30 day deferral until I pressed the situation a little. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I mentioned I was a ten point vet and I could just file another application since I have completed all the steps.
                    She was very helpful and understood the situation, I must say I have had great experience with the MHC.

If I do not get another job offer I can accept that, my family is just too important to me to strain it in anyway by taking a location that we would not like. Plus I am still in the running for the DEA SA position, as well as AFOSI, and the Deputy US Marshal, and I'm a current federal employee so its not like I don't have a job.
                    Last edited by Firefox; 12-15-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                      Based on the pattern from what people are seeing or from people's own experience: approximately how long after passing a polygraph does one get offered the job (The call) ?
                      The thing to pay attention to is your background clearing, once that happens you are close.

Comment

• I asked specifically about locations when I was offered only one, because I would prefer Atlanta by far, and I wouldn't mind a deferral. They told me that if I turned down Charlotte, I would be completely removed from the process. No deferral was ever offered....I would have taken it!

I'm not unhappy with Charlotte, but the Mr. and I already own 2 houses in Atlanta and it would be much better to be able to stay where we own property.

Seriously, I have heard so many different things - is there really a 3 year wait before you can try to transfer?
                        CBPO
                        Geo - Southeast
                        Test - 10/08/11
                        NOR - 10/21/11 (100)
                        NOR 2 - 4/06/12 (still 100)
                        T.O.- 6/7/12
                        e-Quip Completed - 6/24/12
                        Med/fitness - 6/10/12
                        VBT/SI - 7/25/12
                        Poly - 9/09/12
                        Drug Test - 11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinInAtl View Post
                          I asked specifically about locations when I was offered only one, because I would prefer Atlanta by far, and I wouldn't mind a deferral. They told me that if I turned down Charlotte, I would be completely removed from the process. No deferral was ever offered....I would have taken it!

I'm not unhappy with Charlotte, but the Mr. and I already own 2 houses in Atlanta and it would be much better to be able to stay where we own property.

Seriously, I have heard so many different things - is there really a 3 year wait before you can try to transfer?
                          They did not just offer up the deferral, I asked a bunch of question about options and just before I was about to hang up she was like "well if you like we could do a location deferral for 30 days and try again" so I was like lets do it and see what happens. I know it's risky but so is going to some place you know your family will hate!

Comment

The thing to pay attention to is your background clearing, once that happens you are close.
                            But that might be where the provisional clearance might come in right? Technically they could still work on the background while you're at FLETC right? :|
                            BPA

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                              But that might be where the provisional clearance might come in right? Technically they could still work on the background while you're at FLETC right? :|
                              yes but if a provisional is issued it should show up as cleared in CASS.

Comment

yes but if a provisional is issued it should show up as cleared in CASS.
                                ah ok, got it. Thanks
                                BPA

CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12725 users online. 505 members and 12220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X