Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    This is very true.

I am hoping that when I get an offer I at least have one decent place to go. I am really hoping for Nogales (It's one of the places my wife has given the green light for), but I have not heard anyone get offered it in a while, it seems the recruitment push has been to S. Texas.

I've been to Nogales, but I've never worked it.

I'm a country boy. I grew up rural, stayed rural and to this day, I prefer my neighbors few and far away. There is a very short list of cities where I'd willingly move to without much fuss.

Tucson heads that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I've been to Nogales, but I've never worked it.

I'm a country boy. I grew up rural, stayed rural and to this day, I prefer my neighbors few and far away. There is a very short list of cities where I'd willingly move to without much fuss.

Tucson heads that list.
      Mine too!

Comment

• I failed my poly as well, it was quite a horrible experience to say the least. Really is ridiculous that they put so much weight on that test....I think I'm a great person with much to offer. Ughh...whatever. </rant>

A week after being told I failed, I received a call take the drug test (talk about getting my hopes up). I told them I took the poly and failed and they responded saying "oh ok no need to do this then"....click. Then I received another call the next day from the hiring center, asking why I declined the drug test and that they still showed my application as "open" and I should continue with the drug test.

I obviously agreed but it seems like a waste of government tax dollars and just dragging me through the mud at this point.

I'm expecting that letter that I failed and to withdraw - typically, how long after a failed poly until that comes?
        GEO: Northeast
        Test: 12/16/10 (in PA)
        NOR: 1/25/10 (90 - no vet pref.)
        TSL1: 8/29/12
        TSL2: 8/31/12
        E-QIP: Submitted 9/6/12 (Fingerprints sent 9/14/12)
        PFT1: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
        Medical: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
        VBT / SI: 11/26/12 (Cleared)
        BI: At Security Office
        Poly: 12/4/12 (Scheduled) - failed..
        Drug Test: Not Scheduled
        PFT2: Not Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by 4u2nv View Post
          I failed my poly as well, it was quite a horrible experience to say the least. Really is ridiculous that they put so much weight on that test....I think I'm a great person with much to offer. Ughh...whatever. </rant>

A week after being told I failed, I received a call take the drug test (talk about getting my hopes up). I told them I took the poly and failed and they responded saying "oh ok no need to do this then"....click. Then I received another call the next day from the hiring center, asking why I declined the drug test and that they still showed my application as "open" and I should continue with the drug test.

I obviously agreed but it seems like a waste of government tax dollars and just dragging me through the mud at this point.

I'm expecting that letter that I failed and to withdraw - typically, how long after a failed poly until that comes?
          Don't assume you failed until you get something in writing. Some examiners will tell you that you failed to see your reaction, then they will add that in the report being sent in to quality control.

Bottom line is quality control makes the final decision, not the examiner

Comment

• Yay!!! I am a CBPO!!! Halfway done with spanish!!!!
            Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
            Met BI:4/12
            VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
            Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 04/12
            PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
            EOD:06/18/12
            FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• FINALLY, so good news. Actually at this point ANY news to me is good news. Scheduled for my poly tomorrow morning. At least it's not repeating something I've already done, but had to do again because it expired!

CASS STILL shows my BI (second one) as pending, AND they're waiting to receive paperwork from me, e.g. the paperwork I sent over two months ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                I think people pick San Ysidro cause it is right there located in San Diego. Many people like good sized cities with plenty to do. Its personal preference. Do yourself a favor and research all the ports and make yourself a priority list of what you want. Then when they call, you can go down your list and see what you want so you can make your decision right then and there. If you wait the 24 hrs, someone else might snatch the slot you are thinking about. Thats my two cents.
                Hey mnewsom21, Thanks for your opinion. I really agree with you. I think I'd like San Ysidro, because it is closer to San Diego, and since I coming from a big city it would be easier for me to get use to, like you just said. I'll do my research, I need two more to go!
                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Got my Request for More Information regarding my physical today, as expected. I knew I was going to fail uncorrected vision and I did (-10.50 prescription!!) However, I already had LASIK scheduled (had procedure a week ago today) and my vision is pretty good (20/25 day after surgery), but not quite perfect yet because its still healing. The form says they need a reply by January 10th, but my doctor says it could be 2-3 months before healing is 100%. What's the best way to approach this?

Also, I noticed a posting for Marine Interdiction Agents...this is obviously separate from CBPO, but will that interfere with my application for CBPO?
                  GEO: Northeast
                  Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                  TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                  e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                  Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                  PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                  VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                  Qualifications: Pending
                  Drug Screening: Pending
                  BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                  Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                    Also, I noticed a posting for Marine Interdiction Agents...this is obviously separate from CBPO, but will that interfere with my application for CBPO?
                    No, but that is the most coveted job in Federal law enforcement, so good luck.
                    Gek.

Comment

• So ladies an gents I got the call today.
                      That was under 5 months start to finish.
                      With that being said I asked for a location deferal due to the fact I was only offered two locations, both of which were on the no go list my wife made me.
                      I guess we will have to see what happens now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                        Got my Request for More Information regarding my physical today, as expected. I knew I was going to fail uncorrected vision and I did (-10.50 prescription!!) However, I already had LASIK scheduled (had procedure a week ago today) and my vision is pretty good (20/25 day after surgery), but not quite perfect yet because its still healing. The form says they need a reply by January 10th, but my doctor says it could be 2-3 months before healing is 100%. What's the best way to approach this?

you can't clear medical until 90 days after the procedure. After the 90 days the medical section will send you a form for the eye doctor to fill out. Not sure what they want by Jan 10th but send them whatever they need to ensure they do not drop ou from the process. Maybe even call them. you definitely will have to wait until 90 days after the procedure to get that other form filled out though.

Comment

So ladies an gents I got the call today.
                          With that being said I asked for a location deferal due to the fact I was only offered two locations, both of which were on the no go list my wife made me.
                          they may drop you from the process completely, but ya never know. what did they offer you?

Comment

even if they drop you, you can reapply the next announcement and use all your stuff. I turned down Atlanta in November 2011 and here i am now EOD Dec 31, 2012 to Charlotte, NC. Family comes first. If they aren't happy, you wont be either.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                              they may drop you from the process completely, but ya never know. what did they offer you?
                              Not how it was explained to me, the lady told me that in 30 days my name goes back on the eligible to hire list based on the date cleared to hire and then they run down the list and because there are so many openings down south it shouldn't be a problem. Regardless, putting strain on my family for a job is not worth it.

I was offered Presidio, and Eagle Pass.

Comment

Oh that's rough, I'm sure in a month when they call they will then offer you a location that's acceptable to your wife. mnewsome is right, you and your family both have to be happy or nobody is.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12921 users online. 485 members and 12436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X