Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Merlin, had just wandered about them for a while. Now its time to play the waiting for BI I guess. Gotta get my process going with Orange County, and hell, maybe even have a bit of fun.
    CBPO:
    Test- 05/12
    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
    TSL1/2-08/12
    PFT1/Med-09/12
    VBT/SI-10/12
    Poly-11/12
    BI-12/12
    TSU-01/24/13
    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
    Applied- 06/12
    PFT-07/12
    CJBAT- 12/12
    Panel Interview- 01/13
    BI- in process

FBI
    Phase two: probably never

Comment

• im only about a month into the process and i have been cleared for GS-7 ... is there and rhyme or reason to this process?!?
      Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Quals are often the last thing to clear.

They can be very effort-extensive. Often they involve the hassle of verifying employment history, education and the like. Since the background investigation often dances with the qual issues, frequently it's more efficient to complete them both at the same time.
      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
      Geo: Central/East
      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
      TSL:11/1/12
      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
      Met BI: 5/29/13
      TSU: 6/13/13
      Drug Test:6/12/13
      PFT 2:
      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• So after speaking with my aunt who went to law school and a local PD supervisor who also teaches law, I came to the decision to withdraw my application.
        After being found unsuitable for marijuana usage, what is the safe time frame before reapplying? Also, say I did go through with the letter and was still found unsuitable, would that DQ me? Meaning I'm done from ever reapplying in the future?

Comment

• Originally posted by taskmaster16 View Post
          In regards to the PFT2 1.5 mile run, does anyone know whether you run on a track or on a treadmill? I am preparing for this and even though I am in pretty decent shape, I want to make sure that I pass the run and be prepared for it as best as I can be. Is it better to run every day, or every other day?
          If you are in good shape there is no reason why you cant pass this in 17:15 mins. It is utterly easy. Run every day till about 1 week before your pft2. At which point stop running entirely to allow your muscles to recover completely. The 1 week layoff will not affect your ability to run. My main advice get purely running shoes and run outside. If you can run outside you can run anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
            im only about a month into the process and i have been cleared for GS-7 ... is there and rhyme or reason to this process?!?
            Maybe...probably. To the guy who is privy to all the ins and outs of it all and spends his time tackling the problems and the how's and why's, sure...it all likely makes a great deal of sense to him.

Every situation is different. A 21 year-old qualifying on fresh credentials might be far easier to clear than a 35 year-old with 17 years of related education and work history.

Anyway, whether quals clear first or last it makes little difference in the real world.

Picture yourself sitting at a railroad crossing. There is a train lumbering across the highway. You're sitting there waiting for the entire train, front to back, to clear the road before you can proceed.

That train is your pre-employment process. Those cars are your steps to complete along the way. Regardless of how they order the cars along the train, it's still going to have the same number of cars, still be the same length and still take the same amount of time to move out of the way...before it opens the path for you to move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieRich707 View Post
              So after speaking with my aunt who went to law school and a local PD supervisor who also teaches law, I came to the decision to withdraw my application.
              After being found unsuitable for marijuana usage, what is the safe time frame before reapplying? Also, say I did go through with the letter and was still found unsuitable, would that DQ me? Meaning I'm done from ever reapplying in the future?
              Rich, there are no absolute answers here.

Most likely, you're looking at a 3-5 year wait roughly starting from the time you last smoked weed.

As far as a formal unsuitability determination goes, yeah...that's bad, bad, news. It might not DQ you for life but it'll be a black mark you'll be carrying around for the rest of your work history.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Rich, there are no absolute answers here.

Most likely, you're looking at a 3-5 year wait roughly starting from the time you last smoked weed.

As far as a formal unsuitability determination goes, yeah...that's bad, bad, news. It might not DQ you for life but it'll be a black mark you'll be carrying around for the rest of your work history.
                I'm still confused as to what my letter means. It states they found me unsuitable and they propose to withdraw my tentative offer. It then says a final offer will be determined once my writer response is submitted. It does not give an option to either withdraw myself OR continue. I'm freaking out because my response is due Thursday.

Comment

• My guess is if you fail to respond that you'll be withdrawn for failing to respond. If you respond and request a withdrawal then they'll withdraw you at your request.

If you respond in a manner that seeks the continuation of the offer, then they'll push forward with the NOPA process. Ultimately, I'm guessing that course will lead to a formal unsuitability determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                    Failed my polygraph today. It's extremely frustrating and upsetting for me because I was honest and simply had nothing to hide. I lead a boring, low key life. I've never had any trouble with the law, never cheated, never smoked weed, never even tried smoking a cigarette... nothing! I do like to travel a lot in my spare time... and travel to South America once or twice a year for my vacations and to visit friends. I've never done anything and next thing I know I am being accused of being in bed with drug cartels and/or drug smuggling operations or some other "serious crime." I felt the examiner really made me feel like **** by the time I left... and we agreed to disagree and he reiterated that apparently I'm hiding some sort of serious crime. Part of me finds it laughable... but yet painfully frustrating. I took this exam in 2008! Even the examiner was surprised to have an 08 tester in his chair. I explained that I lead a relatively boring, quiet, low-key life... I work night shifts and sleep most of the day. The response I got... "Ted kaczynski led a boring life, too." I'm really shocked... speechless. Totally ridiculous. I kept my cool though... but it tears me apart. We agreed to disagree but I was basically perceived as "hiding a serious crime." I can't believe this. 4 years in this process, 2 THOROUGH background investigations and this polygraph ruined it all for me. I don't know what to do or say.

Gbeck422, sorry about that. My examiner told me the same and also said that they could call me to take it again... I am just waiting and it is out of my hand. I never think that CBPO is a job that I already have so..... it is hard but,...... Only can say that I know how you feel. Wait for the final communication..... Good luck
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:12/10
                    TSl: 5/11
                    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                    Met BI:1/12
                    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                    Qual:cleared 3/12
                    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinInAtl View Post
                      I got the call! (again!)

Only option was Charlotte, NC - which I accepted. 3 years to transfer, right?

EOD: 1/14/13
                      FLETC: 2/14 - 6/20

Anyone coming with?
                      I report Dec 31 to Charlotte. If you want to take the PFT2 in Charleston, SC they already did it for the month. See when it is given in Jan. Your only other options per what they told me was New Orleans or West Virginia. Congrats. The PFT2 was pretty easy. If you have been working out it will not be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by taskmaster16 View Post
                        In regards to the PFT2 1.5 mile run, does anyone know whether you run on a track or on a treadmill? I am preparing for this and even though I am in pretty decent shape, I want to make sure that I pass the run and be prepared for it as best as I can be. Is it better to run every day, or every other day?
                        its a track or other outdoor course. no treadmills. run outside. you get 17:15 to run the 1.5 miles so it is plenty of time. I ran mine in 12:36 and didnt even feel like i was running fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                          Well as of today I have been referred to the Scheduling Unit. This has gone a lot faster than I was expecting, but who's complaining right.
                          Congrats. you will probably be called this week or next. If you have Southeast region, they have been offering Charlotte only. Myself and one other got Charlotte. I EOD Dec 31. already completed PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                            Congrats. you will probably be called this week or next. If you have Southeast region, they have been offering Charlotte only. Myself and one other got Charlotte. I EOD Dec 31. already completed PFT2.
                            I actually chose the South West Border. I am hoping for either San Ysidro, or Nogales.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                              its a track or other outdoor course. no treadmills. run outside. you get 17:15 to run the 1.5 miles so it is plenty of time. I ran mine in 12:36 and didnt even feel like i was running fast.

Thank you for the heads up. One more quick question. In regards to the pushups part of the exam, do they place a 4 inch brick beneath your chest? Also, are you allowed to rest in the upward position during the minute?

Comment

• PFT2 COMPLETE
                                Just complete my PFT2, today. Not too big of a problem. I was primarily only concerned with my BP & Pulse rates. But, thanks to The Almighty Navigator in the Sky, an extremely helpful wife, and a weeks worth of listening to the classical station, it didn't hold me back.

As far as other details: I will EOD 12/31/12 in San Ysidro. My fletc convene date is 02/05/12. I was qualified for a GS 7 (due to current Fed L/E position, previous experience, and school) Step 4.

I am crazy excited. I am also extremely thankful to so many experienced voices guiding allot of us along the way.
                                Last edited by Verve10; 12-12-2012, 02:00 PM.
                                CBPO
                                Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6381 users online. 262 members and 6119 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X