Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe there was someone on here who recently had to choose between Nashville PD and CBPO, right?

I just got a call for an interview with the local PD here after taking the Civil Servicd test in April of last year. If anyone knows anything about Massachusetts civil service, they know it takes an act of god to get selected and then hired. But it is going to pose an interesting choice - being where I am in the process (see sig), do I have a better chance at getting on with CBP or local PD?

Also, LASIK yesterday went really well. Went from not being able to read the big E on the eye chart to 20/25 in less than 24 hours. Definitely recommend it for considering it who is a candidate!
    GEO: Northeast
    Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
    TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
    e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
    Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
    PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
    VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
    Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
    Qualifications: Pending
    Drug Screening: Pending
    BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
    Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
      Hi Merlin, looking back at my TsL neither one specified which grade level my NOR both said 5/7... I just need to be patient like everyone else. It's only really been 6 months for me. I was just under the impression that females are being pushed thru a little quicker because they are in need of us. I'm not too sure how that works. Thank u!
      i qualified for GS-7 when i did mine. back when i applied in march they didnt have the sheets to fill out anymore. I turned in a resume and my college transcripts and they decided i qualified for GS7. It wasnt like before when i had to fill out a grade determination worksheet. anyways EOD in 23 days!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
        I believe there was someone on here who recently had to choose between Nashville PD and CBPO, right?

I just got a call for an interview with the local PD here after taking the Civil Servicd test in April of last year. If anyone knows anything about Massachusetts civil service, they know it takes an act of god to get selected and then hired. But it is going to pose an interesting choice - being where I am in the process (see sig), do I have a better chance at getting on with CBP or local PD?

Also, LASIK yesterday went really well. Went from not being able to read the big E on the eye chart to 20/25 in less than 24 hours. Definitely recommend it for considering it who is a candidate!
        That was me. No one can answer that really. I got lucky and got called to EOD for customs two 2 days before i eod with Nashville PD. My wife gave me a choice of 3 ports with customs. If i didnt get offered one of the ports, she said she would just rather stay in Nashville. Luckily they offered me one of the ports she wanted.

My advice is keep chasing all of your options and do not turn down anything, especially if you haven't taken the poly with Customs yet. You must do what makes you happy. Even if Massachusetts PD comes thru first, you can always go to CBP later if they ever hire you. Nothing wrong with moving up if you consider it moving up. Nothing wrong with being happy where you are at either. Good luck.

I had lasik also. yes definitely worth it. Remember with CBP you have to wait a minimum of 90 days after Lasik to get cleared for medical. So you have a few months to wait for CBP anyways.

Comment

• Can the people that got the call please post what grade they are?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            From what I can see in your signature... you're a BPA applicant. This is the thread for CBPO.

Yes i am going in as BPA i have been following the thread i thought there was a handful of CBPO and BPA in this thread. Maybe i got theads mixed up opps sorry guys.

but as i saw someone requested i know im not CBPO but i got call as a GS-5
            BPA
            GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
            WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
            TSL:12/10-Check
            ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
            MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
            BI:8/11-Check
            DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
            POLY:9/5/12-Check
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while now. tested in july, passed the medical,pft1, vbt/si. well yesterday i got a NOPA, was found unsuitable due to marijuana used 5 times from 2000-2011. i smoked 4 times as a sophmore in highschool in 2001 and took ONE hit at a bachelor party in june 2011. Im currenty writing an appeal since they gave me a choice.

has anyone heard of someone winning the appeal and getting to move on? I am kicking myself in the *** non stop for that mistake, honestly, I wasnt planning on applying for CBP when it happened but things change. While doing the e-qip, everyone told me to NOT leave ANYTHING out of it, so i didnt. i felt like i had nothing to hide, but now, i feel like im screwed.

Comment

• Was told by my IFI instructor that there is 800 trainees for the OFO academy this coming year. They are definitely slowing the hiring, because last year it was 1200. Of course take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieRich707 View Post
                  Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while now. tested in july, passed the medical,pft1, vbt/si. well yesterday i got a NOPA, was found unsuitable due to marijuana used 5 times from 2000-2011. i smoked 4 times as a sophmore in highschool in 2001 and took ONE hit at a bachelor party in june 2011. Im currenty writing an appeal since they gave me a choice.

has anyone heard of someone winning the appeal and getting to move on? I am kicking myself in the *** non stop for that mistake, honestly, I wasnt planning on applying for CBP when it happened but things change. While doing the e-qip, everyone told me to NOT leave ANYTHING out of it, so i didnt. i felt like i had nothing to hide, but now, i feel like im screwed.
                  You most likely will not win your appeal since there are plenty of people in the process who have never used drugs. Since you admitted to doing it last year it looks to them as if you haven't learned anything since your teenage years or have no regard for the laws which you are expected to enforce.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                    can the people that got the call please post what grade they are?
                    gs-7

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                      You most likely will not win your appeal since there are plenty of people in the process who have never used drugs. Since you admitted to doing it last year it looks to them as if you haven't learned anything since your teenage years or have no regard for the laws which you are expected to enforce.
                      I don't know if I would agree with that. It seems like it's more of a guess for you in their response than their actual approach to something like this. I believe if he's able to give an adequate and responsible rebuttal to the NOPA it's very possible he'll move along in the process.
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                      TSU: 3/28/13
                      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                        I don't know if I would agree with that. It seems like it's more of a guess for you in their response than their actual approach to something like this. I believe if he's able to give an adequate and responsible rebuttal to the NOPA it's very possible he'll move along in the process.
                        I highly doubt he will win the appeal due to the fact that their was not adequate amount of time to mitigate the concern. If he had 3 years or more since the last use the odds would in his favor, but without the time to mitigate I would expect an unsuitable decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                          Yeah I really really doubt the appeal will work, this is illicit substance use just a year ago, NO WAY that will fly. It's probably in the automatic DQ criteria for the suitability review process. I say wait it out a few years and reapply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                            I believe there was someone on here who recently had to choose between Nashville PD and CBPO, right?

How long does it take to get hire in MA? If it is anything like NYC then your would of been ready to retire by now. You cannot really judge how long it's going to take. Some people buzz through the process, while others take years. I would process with both and take the first one that comes but that's just me. But here I sit after taking 13 tests in the last 2, going on 3 years.
                            "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                              How long does it take to get hire in MA? If it is anything like NYC then your would of been ready to retire by now. You cannot really judge how long it's going to take. Some people buzz through the process, while others take years. I would process with both and take the first one that comes but that's just me. But here I sit after taking 13 tests in the last 2, going on 3 years.
                              Full metal - it is definitely a process. Many people never get a call, and the "list" expires 2 years after taking the test. You select several cities that you wish to be considered for (careful of towns that have residency requirements) and then lists are established for each city. Disabled Vets and Vets get preference statewide, but then it breaks down into score for, high t low, and residents and then non-residents. With hundreds of people on the lists, you're chances of getting on in a town that you are not a resident of and no vet preference make it almost impossible. Luckily I got called for the interview process, will take about a month for the hiring process to play out, at which point you either attend full time or reserve academy, depending on what you were hired for. Reserve academy is 8 hours a day every Saturday for ~50 weeks, whereas full time academy is 3 months straight M-F I believe.

I took the NYPD test back in 02 and got a letter to continue with the process but backed out because I was in college and didn't want to commit. Had a buddy go through with it and it took him a solid year to complete the process. With the hiring booms back in the day and so many people ready for retirement you think the processes would move forward somewhat quickly.
                              GEO: Northeast
                              Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                              TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                              e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                              Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                              PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                              Qualifications: Pending
                              Drug Screening: Pending
                              BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                              Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Finally I got my polygraph scheduled. Next friday will be the day. So excited.
                                CBPO

GOE SWB
                                Wrtten Test: 2011/OCT/11
                                NOR: 2011/OCT/21
                                PFT1/MED: 2011/DEC/02 PASS
                                VBT/SI: 2012/JAN/23 PASS
                                Qualifications: Cleared(7)
                                Drug Test: 2012/MAY/18 PASS
                                BI : In security Office(I met the BI in Jan 2013)
                                Polygraph: 2012/DEC/14
                                PFT2: ????
                                EOD: ?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4050 users online. 214 members and 3836 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X