TSL - 6/12/12
    PFT1 - green
    BI -
    Quals -
    VBT/SI - green
    Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
      Cheeeesseee, didn't we lock you in a dumpster? I might have a cheese burger for lunch after that one.
      I actually had an awesome cheese burger for lunch
      "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• For those who haven't taken the PFT2 yet...don't take the blood pressure check/pulse check lightly. that was the hardest thing for me to pass..lol i almost didnt get to take the pft because of it. it was odd because my blood pressure is always in the range of 120/65 and my pulse in the 60s or 70s. i was a little under the weather and had a headache so maybe that had something to do with it. i barely made the blood pressure and pulse checks, yet killed the actual fitness test. even did extra sit ups cause my grader lost count...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Maybe this will help with the GS-05 vs GS-07 difficulties.

You guys(and gals) are all eating at Burger World. You are all being served by the number you scored on the entrance test(110's go first...70's go last) The grill master(Uncle Sugar) is only offering two options today...a hamburger(GS-05) and a cheeseburger(GS-07). You all made a decision when you applied as to whether or not to ask for only a hamburger(05), only a cheeseburger(07) or whatever was available(05 or 07's).

Now, The BW has plenty of hamburgers(05's) for all. The kicker is that they have limited slices of cheese(07's).

Now, the first man goes up and picks up his order(gets a conditional offer/TSL). He gets whatever he orders, because being first up there's all the cheese still there. the second goes and so on. Eventually those ordering cheese and scoring highest on the test pick up all the cheeseburgers and the BW runs out of cheese.

When that happens the people who order only a cheeseburger are left standing around... because there is no cheese to give them. Those who wanted only a hamburger or were willing to accept hamburgers get offered hamburgers...and they go sit and eat.

The guys waiting for cheese stand about and wait for the cheese truck to deliver more cheese...however long that might take. Meanwhile those ordering hamburgers eat up and move on out.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Those who only applied for GS-07 might well be waiting. In the meanwhile GS-05 applicants are moving forward.

Another thing that might jam up GS-07's is qualifications. It's far easier to vet GS-05 qualifications than it is to vet GS-07 qualifications. So, essentially GS-05's might finish up qualifying quicker and with less hassle than GS-07s, putting the GS-05s out in front.
          You are so helpful however when I applied I did not specify if I was applying for 5 or 7. I assumed that I wouldn't even qualify as a 7 but anyhow I did... Makes me sad now that I am taking longer when I was never given the option. Any inputs?
          CBPO SWB
          Application: 3/28/12
          Exam: 4/26/12
          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
          TSL: 6/12/12
          TSL2: 6/13/12
          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Well I got the call today. They offered me Rio Grande City Tx or Weslaco Tx. I picked Weslaco it seems there is more around it and near the coast. I tried to do some quick research but was too excited so i called back within 15 with my decision.
            Lady said i EOD on Jan 28th in el paso why i EOD there not sure then she said i go to Weslaco shortly after then start academy Feb 2nd which is sat???? I think she said the 4th but i was too excited and didnt hear right. I was having a really hard time hearing her and she was very short.

does that seem right for my EOD date to be the jan 28th in a different city?
            anyone else EOD That date there?

Thanks in advance im so exicted been waiting for over 2 years. oh and PFT2 isnt scheduled yet within next week she said i will get a call or email.
            BPA
            GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
            WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
            TSL:12/10-Check
            ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
            MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
            BI:8/11-Check
            DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
            POLY:9/5/12-Check
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
              That's exactly what happened to me, you should be getting a call from the sane agent asking you to come back to retake it again! My 2nd only took an hour cuz I was more confident this time around and mr nerves were definitely calmer lol
              Well, hopefully I dont have to take it again. Its really frustrating!!! BTW, congrats to those who got the call!! Good luck..
              Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                You are so helpful however when I applied I did not specify if I was applying for 5 or 7. I assumed that I wouldn't even qualify as a 7 but anyhow I did... Makes me sad now that I am taking longer when I was never given the option. Any inputs?
                If they gave you a GS-07 TSL...they gave you the cheese. If they've qualified you as a GS-07, you've passed that hurdle.

You might be waiting for something, but whatever is holding you up currently has nothing to do with the GS-05/GS-07 issue. That became a non-issue for you on 08/28 when they cleared your quals.

Comment

• Double post...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                    Well I got the call today. They offered me Rio Grande City Tx or Weslaco Tx. I picked Weslaco it seems there is more around it and near the coast. I tried to do some quick research but was too excited so i called back within 15 with my decision.
                    Lady said i EOD on Jan 28th in el paso why i EOD there not sure then she said i go to Weslaco shortly after then start academy Feb 2nd which is sat???? I think she said the 4th but i was too excited and didnt hear right. I was having a really hard time hearing her and she was very short.

does that seem right for my EOD date to be the jan 28th in a different city?
                    anyone else EOD That date there?

Thanks in advance im so exicted been waiting for over 2 years. oh and PFT2 isnt scheduled yet within next week she said i will get a call or email.
                    El Paso POE might be the main one on the area and you have to report there for in-processing, you might even have to do your post academy there and then go to the POE you picked. At east that's how they do it in my port...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• A quick Google look more or less turns Welasco into the mailing address for Progreso.

As far as El Paso goes...???

Progreso is in the Laredo Field Office.

Welesco is also a BP station...maybe there is some job confusion going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        If they gave you a GS-07 TSL...they gave you the cheese. If they've qualified you as a GS-07, you've passed that hurdle.

You might be waiting for something, but whatever is holding you up currently has nothing to do with the GS-05/GS-07 issue. That became a non-issue for you on 08/28 when they cleared your quals.
                        Hi Merlin, looking back at my TsL neither one specified which grade level my NOR both said 5/7... I just need to be patient like everyone else. It's only really been 6 months for me. I was just under the impression that females are being pushed thru a little quicker because they are in need of us. I'm not too sure how that works. Thank u!
                        CBPO SWB
                        Application: 3/28/12
                        Exam: 4/26/12
                        NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                        TSL: 6/12/12
                        TSL2: 6/13/12
                        Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                        Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                        PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                        Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                        PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                        Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                        VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                        Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                        Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                        Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• I will give them a call on monday and try to clarify im sure once i take my PFT2 they will give me further directions in phone call or email.
                          BPA
                          GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                          WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                          TSL:12/10-Check
                          ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                          MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                          BI:8/11-Check
                          DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                          POLY:9/5/12-Check
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• If I made a mistake on my e-qip can I change that answer when I meet with my background investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                              I will give them a call on monday and try to clarify im sure once i take my PFT2 they will give me further directions in phone call or email.
                              From what I can see in your signature... you're a BPA applicant. This is the thread for CBPO.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                                If I made a mistake on my e-qip can I change that answer when I meet with my background investigator?
                                I don't see any issues with that... just bring it up on your meeting.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6209 users online. 344 members and 5865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X