300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
    And for the life of me I don't know why I thought I wouldn't qualify for a GS-7. I think I was taking it as a better safe than sorry approach. When you apply as a 5 and. A 7, do you have to do two separate applications?
    You only apply for one. If you apply for GS-7, and you don't qualify for it, you will be offered a job as a GS-5, assuming you qualify for GS-5.
    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      Thing is coming in as a 7, you have to wait for a 7 spot to open up. There are more open 5 spots then 7's, so applying at a 7 could conceivably slow you down, not sure if this process could actually move any slower though lol.
      I don't think that is true. I asked the person that called me about the qualifications and she said the only difference was starting money

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
        I don't think that is true. I asked the person that called me about the qualifications and she said the only difference was starting money
        Well, there is a difference in money. There is a certain amount of money that can be used to hire GS-7 types. And once it is spent, there won't be any more GS-7 jobs until there is more money allocated for it. There is more money allocated for GS-5.
        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
          You could be right, but this is info I heard from a good source here on the forum (yoda if I'm remembering correctly). The way I see it a port has a budget to work off and they are allotted a certain nunber of 7 and 5 hires with more money for 5 hires bc of the lower salary, but im speculating.. Maybe Yoda can jump in and shed a little more light on the subject.

Or Drifting both work haha
          Last edited by Rms16; 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
            Hi EASF, what they told you after your polygraph? They said you passed?
            Hey Shark, The examiner said "I believe you passed, but I still have to send it to Washington for review, If we call you again to re-take it , are you willing to do it?" of course, I said Yes, why not, there's nothing to hide... It has been a month already and haven't heard anything about it.
            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
              Hey Shark, The examiner said "I believe you passed, but I still have to send it to Washington for review, If we call you again to re-take it , are you willing to do it?" of course, I said Yes, why not, there's nothing to hide... It has been a month already and haven't heard anything about it.
              That's exactly what happened to me, you should be getting a call from the sane agent asking you to come back to retake it again! My 2nd only took an hour cuz I was more confident this time around and mr nerves were definitely calmer lol
              CBPO SWB
              Application: 3/28/12
              Exam: 4/26/12
              NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
              TSL: 6/12/12
              TSL2: 6/13/12
              Eqip: clear 6/28/12
              Fingerprint: 6/22/12
              PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
              Quals: GS7 8/28/12
              PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
              Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
              VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
              Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
              Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
              Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• well today my CASS changed to a different screen now it says

"You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps. "

anyone seen this step im assuming im getting really close?

also im trying to figure out what im gonna pick assuming i can research places they might offer me. what are some of the better locations for SWB in AZ looking to get the full job experience not just sit around.

Thanks
                BPA
                GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                TSL:12/10-Check
                ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                BI:8/11-Check
                DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                POLY:9/5/12-Check
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Maybe this will help with the GS-05 vs GS-07 difficulties.

You guys(and gals) are all eating at Burger World. You are all being served by the number you scored on the entrance test(110's go first...70's go last) The grill master(Uncle Sugar) is only offering two options today...a hamburger(GS-05) and a cheeseburger(GS-07). You all made a decision when you applied as to whether or not to ask for only a hamburger(05), only a cheeseburger(07) or whatever was available(05 or 07's).

Now, The BW has plenty of hamburgers(05's) for all. The kicker is that they have limited slices of cheese(07's).

Now, the first man goes up and picks up his order(gets a conditional offer/TSL). He gets whatever he orders, because being first up there's all the cheese still there. the second goes and so on. Eventually those ordering cheese and scoring highest on the test pick up all the cheeseburgers and the BW runs out of cheese.

When that happens the people who order only a cheeseburger are left standing around... because there is no cheese to give them. Those who wanted only a hamburger or were willing to accept hamburgers get offered hamburgers...and they go sit and eat.

The guys waiting for cheese stand about and wait for the cheese truck to deliver more cheese...however long that might take. Meanwhile those ordering hamburgers eat up and move on out.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Those who only applied for GS-07 might well be waiting. In the meanwhile GS-05 applicants are moving forward.

Another thing that might jam up GS-07's is qualifications. It's far easier to vet GS-05 qualifications than it is to vet GS-07 qualifications. So, essentially GS-05's might finish up qualifying quicker and with less hassle than GS-07s, putting the GS-05s out in front.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 12-07-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• lol, great illustration
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
                      so i got the call today!!! I EOD in Hidalgo, TX dec 31st, with the academy feb 5th - jun 11th
                      we will be in class together...i have my pft2 today as a matter of fact

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                        we will be in class together...i have my pft2 today as a matter of fact
                        Good luck! I'm sure you will kill it!
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Maybe this will help with the GS-05 vs GS-07 difficulties.

You guys(and gals) are all eating at Burger World. You are all being served by the number you scored on the entrance test(110's go first...70's go last) The grill master(Uncle Sugar) is only offering two options today...a hamburger(GS-05) and a cheeseburger(GS-07). You all made a decision when you applied as to whether or not to ask for only a hamburger(05), only a cheeseburger(07) or whatever was available(05 or 07's).

Now, The BW has plenty of hamburgers(05's) for all. The kicker is that they have limited slices of cheese(07's).

Now, the first man goes up and picks up his order(gets a conditional offer/TSL). He gets whatever he orders, because being first up there's all the cheese still there. the second goes and so on. Eventually those ordering cheese and scoring highest on the test pick up all the cheeseburgers and the BW runs out of cheese.

When that happens the people who order only a cheeseburger are left standing around... because there is no cheese to give them. Those who wanted only a hamburger or were willing to accept hamburgers get offered hamburgers...and they go sit and eat.

The guys waiting for cheese stand about and wait for the cheese truck to deliver more cheese...however long that might take. Meanwhile those ordering hamburgers eat up and move on out.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Those who only applied for GS-07 might well be waiting. In the meanwhile GS-05 applicants are moving forward.

Another thing that might jam up GS-07's is qualifications. It's far easier to vet GS-05 qualifications than it is to vet GS-07 qualifications. So, essentially GS-05's might finish up qualifying quicker and with less hassle than GS-07s, putting the GS-05s out in front.
                          that cheeseburger was good..lol

Comment

• EASF thank you.. He told me the same to me, the difference is that he said that I didn't passed I hope that they will call me again. I can't imagine that the machine said that I lied about my drug use.... I never used drugs.
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Cheeeesseee, didn't we lock you in a dumpster? I might have a cheese burger for lunch after that one.
                              "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• passed my PFT2...onto charlotte

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12213 users online. 456 members and 11757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X