300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASS update

Well CASS updated my quals to completed today. Below is my CASS progress, not bad considering a got my NOR's on July 24 and my t.o. on August 6.

Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.

Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at Grade 5

Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.

Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.

Drug Screening completed You have successfully completed the Drug Test requirements.

Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.

Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

Comment

• Holy cow! You're talking about getting a NOR on July 24, 2008? That's some serious movement. I got mine on the 23rd and I'm still waiting on the TO. What was your location again?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Holy cow! You're talking about getting a NOR on July 24, 2008? That's some serious movement. I got mine on the 23rd and I'm still waiting on the TO. What was your location again?
        yeah 2008. scored a 90 for a geo of Michigan. Now mind you that my med and phys and VBT were still valid. But it's nice that a got a t.o. so quick so they honored my pre-employment steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Kind of hard to say. Depends on the staffing needs and funding. I would venture to say expect a call soon, but after reading some peoples post, they've been in TSU status for quite a while.
          44 days and two hours, not that I'm counting, heh. But I'm waiting for Newark, from reading the posts a lot of guys from Miami seem to be getting start dates. Then again it's obviously nowhere near a meaningful sample size.

Ok, back to waiting, even mention I hate my current job? Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
            The GS 5 pay isn't that great but I look at it like im only 20 and can only go up from here.
            Don't worry about the pay, that sounds retarded hearing it, but at your age getting retirement time in is worth more than anything. My wife had a GS-2 salaried job with the Dept of Interior during college and grad school. Worse yet she was "officially" living in Arkansas where her office was, but she did 85% of her work in NJ, and thats where her apartment was.

Try living on a GS-2 with Arkansas locality pay in NJ (you can't) She needed to get another job on top of it just to complete grad school, but once she was done she had seven years in with the feds. Then she got a "real" job with a different agency in her late twenties, and started with only twenty three years to go until retirement.

It's a huge difference. We're the same age and she can retire before me even if I get a LEO position like CBP. Get a LEO job at twenty you can get out at 40, do something else and still draw half pay, that's huge.

Comment

• Is it possible to collect a retirement check and still work for the gov in a different position?

Comment

• You can't work for the Feds, no, but you can go work for the state, county, or a town. Plus there is always private industry.

Of course that's the rules as they stand now. There are always some politicians who want to end "double dipping" as a wasteful practice, never mind that it would gut the benefit package of most government positions.

Edit: You can't be a GS employee, but you can get hired by a contracting firm and come back and work with the Feds as a contractor. Again, as things stand now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                  Don't worry about the pay, that sounds retarded hearing it, but at your age getting retirement time in is worth more than anything. My wife had a GS-2 salaried job with the Dept of Interior during college and grad school. Worse yet she was "officially" living in Arkansas where her office was, but she did 85% of her work in NJ, and thats where her apartment was.

Try living on a GS-2 with Arkansas locality pay in NJ (you can't) She needed to get another job on top of it just to complete grad school, but once she was done she had seven years in with the feds. Then she got a "real" job with a different agency in her late twenties, and started with only twenty three years to go until retirement.

It's a huge difference. We're the same age and she can retire before me even if I get a LEO position like CBP. Get a LEO job at twenty you can get out at 40, do something else and still draw half pay, that's huge.
                  Yeah I guess I'm in a pretty good position. I hope I'm not going to get looked down on at FLETC because I'm young though. I may be young but I still have heart and a drive to be the best I can be

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                    That's what I'm hoping.

Also at FLETC will I be getting locality for my home port or for Georgia since I'm actually there and not in AZ?

For the purpose of pay you(and everyone else stationed outside of GA) won't be in GA. You'll be on TDY from your home port. In your case that means AZ pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                      Thanks guys I have that experience I guess it is all in the way that I write it up I will go into more details and that should help. I am only 29 but I have had few jobs, and my last one was for 9 years before I was laid off. Well im off to me with my BI today wish me luck............
                      Like Goose said, you should qualify easily. Pull up those quals for the BP position and write up your past work experiences with the idea of fufilling those quals.

It should be a piece of cake for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                        Not for nothing, but have you considered maybe moving for a job to PA, if they put you in the eastern part of the state it's a short drive back to family and friends and it's just dirt cheap to live there (compared to our wonderful tri-state area).

The trick is getting a job out there but I know some people who live like kings on two GS 11 salaries (non CBP, or law enforcement for that matter.)

Moving is a huge decision, but PA definitely has a lot of upside to it if you have a definite job out there.

I just changed my GEO location to PA since i applied on july 30, NYC was not open for vacancy neither was NJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiego411 View Post
                          Hi, since you have your schedule, can you tell me which days you have for Thanksgiving? Also, are they giving Veterans day off as well? If you are there for Christmas and New Years please let me know which days they are giving you off as well. I'm curious because i'm scheduled for fletc on October 23 but I'm trying to see if i have enough time to fly home for holidays since i would be flying back to CA. Thanks!!

Thanksgiving, they have not told us wether or not we have off that friday or not. they are waiting for the final word is what we were told. All federal holidays, you will have off for sure, as for "extra" days off, I would suggest not counting on it.
                          Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                          Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Well I think things went well today and I am hopefull that everything will work through inregards to the other guy who got his to in august I also am amazed at how fast everything is going took my test in 3/08 to in 6/08 so far in cass
                            Pre employment , drug test, vbt, fitness are all complete my work history, and medical are pending, and my background is in the security office so I am moving along fast.
                            Tested March 08
                            TO June 08
                            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                            VBT complete 08 passed
                            Qualification GS-5 September 08
                            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                              Does anyone have any info on the amount of upcoming classes at FLETC? Specifically, are there fewer classes, or maybe no classes, going into the end of the year? I was under the impression that there are classes starting at least once a week, if not several times a week.

I'm just trying to get an idea what my chances are of starting anytime soon. I'm trying to be patient, but like everyone else, the uncertainty is driving me nuts.

Thanks

As of now, there is a class scheduled to start every week with about 49 people in each class, so at this point... it depends on your port and how fast they want people.
                              Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                              Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                                As of now, there is a class scheduled to start every week with about 49 people in each class, so at this point... it depends on your port and how fast they want people.
                                Yeah when i was there last summer, it was one class a week, then two a week sometimes. 48 to a class split into A and B groups for p.t. and firearms, etc. Is there still 650,000 people at a time in a locker room built to hold like 19 people??? That was the absolute worst part of FLETC, bar none!!! Well that and 2,000 hours of agriculture powerpoints!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3735 users online. 225 members and 3510 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X