Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
    so i got the call today!!! I EOD in Hidalgo, TX dec 31st, with the academy feb 5th - jun 11th
    Originally posted by ninersfan1 View Post
    sgtro09. I sent you a PM. I also got the call today. Same dates and location.
    Congrats guys!!! so that means that they will have two different academy? January and February?
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

    Comment


    • They'll likely have an academy starting every 2-4 weeks from January through late summer.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        They'll likely have an academy starting every 2-4 weeks from January through late summer.
        Ohh, good to know! Thanks.
        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

        Comment


        • Now, if sequestration happens in early January...well, most "truths" and SWAGs will probably be tossed out the window. Who knows where the agency will be headed at that point!

          Comment


          • Anyone else still waiting on the drug test call? I have absolutely no concerns about this but the wait for the easiest part of the process is killing me. I just want it to be over with already so then I'll be one step closer!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by steve88 View Post
              Anyone else still waiting on the drug test call? I have absolutely no concerns about this but the wait for the easiest part of the process is killing me. I just want it to be over with already so then I'll be one step closer!
              I'm still waiting for a drug test as well took 2 polys and passed both....but still waiting for a drug test which I'm not worried about. My friend took a drug test and a couple weeks later got the call with no poly and I've read others post timelines saying they have taken a drug test still waiting on polys and BI... It's all so diffident for everyone and def frustrating lol. Good luck
              CBPO SWB
              Application: 3/28/12
              Exam: 4/26/12
              NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
              TSL: 6/12/12
              TSL2: 6/13/12
              Eqip: clear 6/28/12
              Fingerprint: 6/22/12
              PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
              Quals: GS7 8/28/12
              PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
              Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
              VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
              Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
              Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
              Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12


              "To switch, or not to switch"

              Comment


              • Wow it's been 5 months and no movement my last contact was to schedule my drug test early July time really do fly...:-)

                Comment


                • is that true that an academy will be starting every two weeks until the summer? if so thats the greatest news iv ever heard
                  CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                  Geo: Central/East
                  NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                  TSL:11/1/12
                  Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                  Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                  Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                  VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                  Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                  Met BI: 5/29/13
                  TSU: 6/13/13
                  Drug Test:6/12/13
                  PFT 2:
                  EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                    is that true that an academy will be starting every two weeks until the summer? if so thats the greatest news iv ever heard
                    No, it's already official that the government is going to shut down until June 31, 2013 and CBP will not be holding another class until February 29, 2015.
                    Gek.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      No, it's already official that the government is going to shut down until June 31, 2013 and CBP will not be holding another class until February 29, 2015.
                      Do you have a source for these dates? I'm not sure what you mean exactly "the government is going to shut down" - that sounds a little extreme, and would most likely cause chaos throughout our country.
                      App (SWB): 3/14/12
                      Test: 3/27/12
                      NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                      TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                      Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                      Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                      PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                      Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                      sent medical update form 6/21/13
                      VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                      Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                      Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                      Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                      Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                      EOD: 9/3/13
                      FLETC: 10/2/13

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                        No, it's already official that the government is going to shut down until June 31, 2013 and CBP will not be holding another class until February 29, 2015.
                        You make me laugh!! Don't say stuff like that cause people will actually start to believe you.
                        HAHA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bees View Post
                          Do you have a source for these dates? I'm not sure what you mean exactly "the government is going to shut down" - that sounds a little extreme, and would most likely cause chaos throughout our country.
                          Bees, I have some magic beans for sale. Interested?

                          In all seriousness, a question about GS-5 vs GS-7 qualifications. 28 years old with a Bachelors in Business, currently enrolled in an MBA program with 1 class completed. Solid work experience for the last 12 years continuously, most recently as a B2B Sales Executive and prior leadership positions with my current company and last (Manager and Supervisor) For some reason I didn't think I qualified at a 7 so I posted for 5. Any feedback on whether I (going forward for potential other announcements) would be considered a 7?
                          GEO: Northeast
                          Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                          TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                          e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                          Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                          PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                          VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                          Qualifications: Pending
                          Drug Screening: Pending
                          BI: Pending

                          MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

                          MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                          Passed ELPAT/Written

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                            Bees, I have some magic beans for sale. Interested?

                            In all seriousness, a question about GS-5 vs GS-7 qualifications. 28 years old with a Bachelors in Business, currently enrolled in an MBA program with 1 class completed. Solid work experience for the last 12 years continuously, most recently as a B2B Sales Executive and prior leadership positions with my current company and last (Manager and Supervisor) For some reason I didn't think I qualified at a 7 so I posted for 5. Any feedback on whether I (going forward for potential other announcements) would be considered a 7?
                            If you think it can go either way, apply and let them tell you that you are not qualified.

                            I qualify for GS-5 because of school, but I applied for 5 and 7 on the announcement. They called me and asked me a couple of simple questions about my work and turns out I was qualified for 7
                            Last edited by steve88; 12-05-2012, 07:12 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                              If you think it can go either way, apply and let them tell you that you are not qualified.

                              I qualify for GS-5 because of school, but I applied for 5 and 7 on the announcement. They called me and asked me a couple of simple questions about my work and turns out I was qualified for 7
                              That sucks. I applied at the 5, didn't know you could apply at both. If you don't mind me asking, what's your work experience look like?
                              GEO: Northeast
                              Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                              TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                              e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                              Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                              PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                              Qualifications: Pending
                              Drug Screening: Pending
                              BI: Pending

                              MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

                              MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                              Passed ELPAT/Written

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                                That sucks. I applied at the 5, didn't know you could apply at both. If you don't mind me asking, what's your work experience look like?
                                I'm a security guard that works for a county government and i write county tickets which falls under the "enforcing local laws" according to the person i spoke to

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12749 users online. 482 members and 12267 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X