300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
    There are computer labs there that you can use. Be warned though, they fill up quickly. I brought a laptop down for my own use. It came in handy quite a few times, because I could do the work in my room and at my pace. There will be times when you have no choice but to use the computer labs because of the programming. But I tell anyone I know is going down there that it will be in your favor to bring one. Also, once you get down there go to Walmart and grab a cheap printer for your room and the laptop. Just trust me on this one. When you graduate you'll be able to sell it off to someone down there.
    thanks for heads up...will definitely take your advice.

Comment

• HELP WITH GI BILL??

I received my final offer for Skid Row. My #1 preferred location. I plan to utilize my ) Post 9/11 (Chapter 33 GI Bill while at FLETC and FTO status after, as well. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE USED CHAPTER 33: Will I get paid my BAH rate from where the paper work is filed (ie San Ysidro)? Or will it be at the Glynco rate?
      Vast differences, so your experience would help figure out my budget tremendously. I can hypothesize with the best of 'em. I have also contacted VBA, and they are uncertain as well. They recommend just wait and see what I get after filing. Please help if you have direct experience in this area. Thank so much.
      CBPO
      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
        HELP WITH GI BILL??

I received my final offer for Skid Row. My #1 preferred location. I plan to utilize my ) Post 9/11 (Chapter 33 GI Bill while at FLETC and FTO status after, as well. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE USED CHAPTER 33: Will I get paid my BAH rate from where the paper work is filed (ie San Ysidro)? Or will it be at the Glynco rate?
        Vast differences, so your experience would help figure out my budget tremendously. I can hypothesize with the best of 'em. I have also contacted VBA, and they are uncertain as well. They recommend just wait and see what I get after filing. Please help if you have direct experience in this area. Thank so much.
        Any pay will be rated at the port you're assigned to... You will not be paid at the Glynco rate. GI Bill will be worked while at FLETC and at some point you'll get it, could be midway through or at the end of your stint there that you'll see the money.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Yoda,
          As usuall, your willingness to share your experience (combined with this great news) is greatly appreciated. This news makes a difference of more than $1k per month while on training. Of course, I will not entirely plan on it unti I see it in my bank account (this IS the VA we are talking about), but that takes care of some debt AND my cross country move. So excited to see if this turns out how I hope. Thnak again. You are a great servant and mentor.
          V10
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Any pay will be rated at the port you're assigned to... You will not be paid at the Glynco rate. GI Bill will be worked while at FLETC and at some point you'll get it, could be midway through or at the end of your stint there that you'll see the money.
            Yoda, Thanks for this information. Will the BAH be E5 with dependents (I have a dependent) or based on my current rank for the first year? Or will it just be E5 without dependents?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak Butter Tea View Post
              Yoda, Thanks for this information. Will the BAH be E5 with dependents (I have a dependent) or based on my current rank for the first year? Or will it just be E5 without dependents?
              I didn't use mine, so I can't give you that detail... I had other vets with me in my class and that's how I got the general info. My guess it should be with dependents... but I'm not 100% on that.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone know what region Austin and Dallas TX is and if those are even possible Ports/stations for Customs?
                CBPO SWB
                Application: 3/28/12
                Exam: 4/26/12
                NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                TSL: 6/12/12
                TSL2: 6/13/12
                Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                  Does anyone know what region Austin and Dallas TX is and if those are even possible Ports/stations for Customs?
                  Houston Field Office.

Dallas is a fairly good sized port...a couple of hundred CBPOs or so...plus assorted support/admin/tech staff.

Austin is fairly small...15ish CBPOs, maybe a couple of support people.

Comment

• Any idea when the agency will open up to applications again? A year ago I somehow was unable to pass the structured interview.

Also, the letter I received stating I did not pass the structured interview said I can become active again in a years time, does anyone know how to go about doing this? Wouldn't my test score be wiped away anyhow since I tested in July of 2011?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak Butter Tea View Post
                      Its E5 with dependents for your duty location no matter what rank you had or if you have dependents or not.

If any one gets it, put that crap in the bank! its a lot of money, don't waste it!
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                        Its E5 with dependents for your duty location no matter what rank you had or if you have dependents or not.

If any one gets it, put that crap in the bank! its a lot of money, don't waste it!
                        Believe me, I will. I have already applied for it (EOD Dec. 17th, and mine is going toward buying a house. Very happy to be able to use my GI Bill for this.

Comment

• so i got the call today!!! I EOD in Hidalgo, TX dec 31st, with the academy feb 5th - jun 11th
                          GEO: SWB
                          Written: 07/11
                          NOR: 08/11
                          TSL: 10/11
                          Med/PFT1: 12/11
                          VBT/SI: 01/12
                          Drug Test: 05/12
                          BI: met with investigator
                          Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                          PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                          EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
                            so i got the call today!!! I EOD in Hidalgo, TX dec 31st, with the academy feb 5th - jun 11th
                            Congrats..just out of curiosity did your CASS update to your background as being cleared? Or dies it still say "in security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
                              so i got the call today!!! I EOD in Hidalgo, TX dec 31st, with the academy feb 5th - jun 11th
                              sgtro09. I sent you a PM. I also got the call today. Same dates and location.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                                Congrats..just out of curiosity did your CASS update to your background as being cleared? Or dies it still say "in security office"
                                thanks! and yeah I hadn't checked my CASS at all today but it still says "in security office"
                                GEO: SWB
                                Written: 07/11
                                NOR: 08/11
                                TSL: 10/11
                                Med/PFT1: 12/11
                                VBT/SI: 01/12
                                Drug Test: 05/12
                                BI: met with investigator
                                Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                                PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                                EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10872 users online. 377 members and 10495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X