Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the reminder...I forgot when CASS updates. I have been reading the forum for about a year and a half but I stopped checking in about September because I was out of the country a lot for work and didn't forsee any movement soon - guess I was wrong! This bankruptcy has been tough on us at my current company and it has taken a lot of time and energy.

I did call the number twice, and it went to the recorded message both times. Will they call back? If they don't answer today I will try them on Monday and hope it holds on ice until then.
    CBPO
    Geo - Southeast
    Test - 10/08/11
    NOR - 10/21/11 (100)
    NOR 2 - 4/06/12 (still 100)
    T.O.- 6/7/12
    e-Quip Completed - 6/24/12
    Med/fitness - 6/10/12
    VBT/SI - 7/25/12
    Poly - 9/09/12
    Drug Test - 11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikari View Post
      Hey everyone! Got the call today and chose Arizona, academy starts February for me! Good luck to those still waiting!
      Congrats Hikari!

May I ask, were you already an applicant to be a Border Patrol Agent?
      App (SWB): 3/14/12
      Test: 3/27/12
      NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
      TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
      Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
      Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
      PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
      Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
      sent medical update form 6/21/13
      VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
      Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
      Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
      Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
      Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
      EOD: 9/3/13
      FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• I got an email today wanting me to sign the Pre-Clearance form.
        I think that is the last thing I actually have to do and now I just wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikari View Post
          I took my test in Newark I believe, or close to it, my score was an 82. I took my polygraph in early Sept. It cleared about halfway through Oct., drug test this month cleared in about a week. Met with my BI maybe a few weeks ago, but it had already been marked as cleared on CASS. I was offered about 6 different ports in Texas, and 2 in Arizona. This included, Hidalgo, Eagle Pass, Presidio, Progreso, Del Rio, Rio Grande City, San Louis Arizona, and Lukesville AZ. =)

Written exam: 3/26/12
          NOR: 4/2/12
          TSL: 5/25/12
          That is disconcerting and aggravating to me. This is another example of how this process makes no sense. I'm only eligible for a few of those ports and there are two in what you were offered that I'd love to get. And I got my TSL a year earlier.
          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
            That is disconcerting and aggravating to me. This is another example of how this process makes no sense. I'm only eligible for a few of those ports and there are two in what you were offered that I'd love to get. And I got my TSL a year earlier.
            If Hikari declines, maybe you will be the next person on the list called at those ports? Not sure entirely how the process works, but other friends who have gone through it have absolutely said it is a hurry up and wait process, and there isn't much rhyme or reason to it.
            GEO: Northeast
            Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
            TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
            e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
            Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
            PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
            VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
            Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
            Qualifications: Pending
            Drug Screening: Pending
            BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
            Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
              Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have my PFT2 in approx 10hrs. I'm super nervous and can't sleep. Wish me luck, if I pass I will EOD @ JFK Dec. 03 and be heading to FLETC Jan. 03. I'm a fat ***, but I've been running the 1.5 on the street in under 17min so I'm hoping on a track will be easier. Looking to drop about 20lbs before FLETC....fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow to let you guys know if I passed or failed!
              I'm at JFK too. How did u do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                EASF - did you put in for qualifying at the 5 or 7 grade originally? I believe I would qualify at the 7 due to grad school but put in 5 to be safe. Just wondering if that can change...
                When I first applied I qualified for both GS 5 & 7 but when I received the call, he asked (double checked) about my work experiences, time on the job(s), type, pt or ft..and so on.. Therefore, I believe it can change according to your background, experiences, jobs, education.. When you get the call regarding your qualifications, just tell him/her everything even if they have it, just remind them that you may qualify for GS7!

Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                Got the Call!!! EOD DEC 31 to Charlotte, NC...FLETC Feb 5-June 11
                WOW... Congratulations mnewsom!!! about time.. good luck man.
                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                  EASF - did you put in for qualifying at the 5 or 7 grade originally? I believe I would qualify at the 7 due to grad school but put in 5 to be safe. Just wondering if that can change...
                  If you originally applied only as a 5, then you will not be considered as a 7 when you get the call. They will tell you that you have to re-apply as a 7 in order the get it...That means starting over with a new TSL/certificate date.
                  Speaking from personal experience as I went for the 5, because they said you'd get picked up quicker, and 4 years later when I got the call they told me I had to re-aaply if I wanted to come in as a 7...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Do you think they stopped sending TSL'S I got a 78 on 3/26/12 and have yet to receive one??

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                      Do you think they stopped sending TSL'S I got a 78 on 3/26/12 and have yet to receive one??

Thank you.
                      I do not think they have stopped sending them out but keep in mind that your score is kinda low, so as long as there are people who have either have a higher score, or have the same score and have been in the process longer than you they will recieve a TSL prior to you.

My best advice is to forget you applied and just think of it as an awesome suprise when you finally get yours. These competitive processes can start to rule your life if you let them so just kick back and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

• I appreciate the advice Firefox. Take care.

Comment

• If there is anyone currently attending FLETC or just graduated, will we need laptops for research or anything like that? I want to skype with the family, but if we need to do research stuff i will probably want to buy a cheap laptop instead of a tablet. Also how is the internet service there?

Comment

• There are computer labs there that you can use. Be warned though, they fill up quickly. I brought a laptop down for my own use. It came in handy quite a few times, because I could do the work in my room and at my pace. There will be times when you have no choice but to use the computer labs because of the programming. But I tell anyone I know is going down there that it will be in your favor to bring one. Also, once you get down there go to Walmart and grab a cheap printer for your room and the laptop. Just trust me on this one. When you graduate you'll be able to sell it off to someone down there.

Comment

• How is everyone doing ? I have not been in this forum for a long time lol. Anyways, I reapply for another region in March on this year using the same score from last year, and i finally got my TSL 1 for the Central/ East Coast area. So, what ever what is green on CASS will transfer over to my new Applicant ID for this new region or I have to start from scratch?
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              ps. my score was only 81 and i reapply in april on this year, so MHC is still sending out TSL's.
                              Exam: 03/2012
                              NOR: 04/2012 81
                              Qualified for: GS 7
                              TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                              Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                              VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                              Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                              BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                              Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                              EOD:
                              PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                                How is everyone doing ? I have not been in this forum for a long time lol. Anyways, I reapply for another region in March on this year using the same score from last year, and i finally got my TSL 1 for the Central/ East Coast area. So, what ever what is green on CASS will transfer over to my new Applicant ID for this new region or I have to start from scratch?
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                ps. my score was only 81 and i reapply in april on this year, so MHC is still sending out TSL's.
                                Hi Indio, Welcome back , its good to hear that they are still sending out TSLs for that region. I should have waited or changed my geo location before I got my TSL, but anyways, to answer your question, I've asked the same question before and Yoda said that all your steps will transfer over to your new TSL, probably some of them you will have to re-take after a year, like your medical..
                                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11763 users online. 441 members and 11322 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X