Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
    Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have my PFT2 in approx 10hrs. I'm super nervous and can't sleep. Wish me luck, if I pass I will EOD @ JFK Dec. 03 and be heading to FLETC Jan. 03. I'm a fat ***, but I've been running the 1.5 on the street in under 17min so I'm hoping on a track will be easier. Looking to drop about 20lbs before FLETC....fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow to let you guys know if I passed or failed!
    Good luck Junior! I'm sure you will do fine.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
      My VBT went green on Thanksgiving, about a week after taking the test and SI. Same for Physical. They said Med can take 4-6 weeks for processing. Hope there's no holdups. Actually no I am going to fail it, so I have LASIK scheduled next week. Like everyone says, you'll come to know that this is the ultimate patience/waiting game.

On another more, does anyone know exactly how long FLETC is? Had a buddy (who is now ICE) go through it a few years back, he said it was 6 months but I heard it was 89 days. Just wondering how that all works, especially financially. I have a lot in savings, but when you are taking a job that will pay you a third of what you are making now, it has to be a bit of a strain financially for people, right?

89 training days.

Comment

Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have my PFT2 in approx 10hrs. I'm super nervous and can't sleep. Wish me luck, if I pass I will EOD @ JFK Dec. 03 and be heading to FLETC Jan. 03. I'm a fat ***, but I've been running the 1.5 on the street in under 17min so I'm hoping on a track will be easier. Looking to drop about 20lbs before FLETC....fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow to let you guys know if I passed or failed!
        That's awesome Junior. Sure you'll do great. What's your timeline look like for testing, TSLs, etc?
        GEO: Northeast
        Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
        e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
        Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
        PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
        Qualifications: Pending
        Drug Screening: Pending
        BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
        Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

Hello all,

good luck Juniorspades, you will pass without problem.......
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• My medical recert is now posted and I am all green in CASS again. Just waiting on the phone call to see what is offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
              Congratulation in passing your poly azcactus42, I took my poly last Friday and the examiner told me that I did not passed. He also say that they could call me again to take it again but its depend on quality control department. I wanted to know if they told you the same to you. Now I am not sure if they will call. I know that everything is different but I would like to know from another applicants. Thank you.
              On my first two polys the examiner told me my results were "inconclusive". On the third one he told me I failed. The fourth one was at a completely different location with a completely different examiner, and I passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                My medical recert is now posted and I am all green in CASS again. Just waiting on the phone call to see what is offered.

Thats great news mnewsome, I'm sure the call will come soon. Then the real decision comes, Will it be Nashville or CBP!? I would kill to be in that position! Haha
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                  On my first two polys the examiner told me my results were "inconclusive". On the third one he told me I failed. The fourth one was at a completely different location with a completely different examiner, and I passed.
                  So, if they call me, I will take a different location because I traveled to Miami from Pittsburgh Now I have hopes that I will receive another call. Anyway, I am prepared for anything... Thanks azcactus42...
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• good luck. I dont know where they would run you, but mentally prepare yourself to run on concrete. CBP ran me and 2 others on top of a roof in 45 degree weather. it hurts at first, and you want to stop but just keep thinking about what you get if you pass. again good luck. i hope you make it!
                    Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                    Hello all,

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
                      My VBT went green on Thanksgiving, about a week after taking the test and SI. Same for Physical. They said Med can take 4-6 weeks for processing. Hope there's no holdups. Actually no I am going to fail it, so I have LASIK scheduled next week. Like everyone says, you'll come to know that this is the ultimate patience/waiting game.

On another more, does anyone know exactly how long FLETC is? Had a buddy (who is now ICE) go through it a few years back, he said it was 6 months but I heard it was 89 days. Just wondering how that all works, especially financially. I have a lot in savings, but when you are taking a job that will pay you a third of what you are making now, it has to be a bit of a strain financially for people, right?
                      Just curious...if you currently have a job making 90K+ what motivates you to give that all up for the uncertainty of a CBPO position that'll ultimately pay out roughly 90K+?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Just curious...if you currently have a job making 90K+ what motivates you to give that all up for the uncertainty of a CBPO position that'll ultimately pay out roughly 90K+?
                        Good eye to catch that point. I'm now curious too.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Merlin436, maybe Bry3213 has the same reason like me In my case, I am working in a very good company making 80K but I am a contractor with no benefits. I am looking for a good place to be and open doors. I know that CBP will offer me more benefits for me and my family...
                          Last edited by Shark; 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM.
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• who's had poly's before meeting with their BI ?

or who's had BI meet before poly?
                            tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                            NOR-11/11
                            TSL- 11/17/11
                            pft1- 12/8/11
                            Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                            Qual- completed 3/12
                            Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                            S I-completed 3/12
                            Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                            Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                            Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                            Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                            new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• It's all about being happy doing what you love. If you are unhappy going to work every day, do you want to continue doing that and be unhappy? That's the definition of insanity - doing something over and over again and expecting different results. Sales is great, but it's not my passion. I've always been interested in civic service. I flirted with joining the service out of high school after doing JROTC in high school. I couldn't bring myself to do it because I wanted to get my degree first. I think sales and having monthly quotas is a different kind of stress than the CBP job. Plus I want to feel like I am making a difference, as cheesy as it sounds. Selling widgets does really fulfill that want...
                              Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                              TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                              e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                              Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                              PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                              Qualifications: Pending
                              Drug Screening: Pending
                              BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                              Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                                who's had poly's before meeting with their BI ?

or who's had BI meet before poly?
                                Count me in on that tally. I have yet to meet my BI and I have my poly this Tuesday. Extremely nervous after reading some of the horrid stories on here, ugh.
                                Test: 12/16/10 (in PA)
                                NOR: 1/25/10 (90 - no vet pref.)
                                TSL1: 8/29/12
                                TSL2: 8/31/12
                                E-QIP: Submitted 9/6/12 (Fingerprints sent 9/14/12)
                                PFT1: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
                                Medical: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
                                VBT / SI: 11/26/12 (Cleared)
                                BI: At Security Office
                                Poly: 12/4/12 (Scheduled) - failed..
                                Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                                PFT2: Not Scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7612 users online. 413 members and 7199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X