300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
    Got a call to schedule a meeting with my background investigator today, going to meet him at my house tomorrow after work. Also had my doctors appointment and everything, and while my heart rate at the docs was still a bit high, he said everything was fine, prolly a case of white coat syndrome as he called it. I gotta go pick up the letter today and am going to fax everything over. Hopefully this will be the last steps I have to do until the drug test and pft-2.

Does anyone know if they wait until after the poly to schedule the BI meeting? or should I still be looking out for mail or phone calls for any necessary retakes,etc.

How did your investigator agree to meeting you after work? Mine insists on meeting during work hours on-site at my job. Unfortunately my work won't allow it so, I'm not sure how to approach this.
    GEO: Illinois
    Test: 12/2010
    NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
    PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
    FT1: 2/20/2012
    Equip: 3/29/2012
    VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
    BI:11/22/2012
    Medical: 3/14/2012
    Poly: 10/18/2012
    Drug Test: Not Scheduled
    PFT2:

Comment

• I did my VBT today and I would really surprise (and start believing in early Christmas miracles too) if I get a letter saying I passed. Plus I gathered that if they don't keep you around for an interview with supervisors right after the test while they are reviewing the tape, than you didn't make it.

The test seems a contradiction anyway, and in my opinion, seem to have been set up by civilians to select prospective law enforcement officers? the whole thing doesn't make sense, but another one to add to my rejection collection pile.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
        How did your investigator agree to meeting you after work? Mine insists on meeting during work hours on-site at my job. Unfortunately my work won't allow it so, I'm not sure how to approach this.
        Well, the investigator actually suggested meeting at my house, but maybe that is because he noticed that I work two jobs, that are around 10 miles apart. Oh the joys of working as many part-time jobs to afford life. Maybe your investigator just wanted get your bosses opinion out of the way?
        CBPO:
        Test- 05/12
        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
        TSL1/2-08/12
        PFT1/Med-09/12
        VBT/SI-10/12
        Poly-11/12
        BI-12/12
        TSU-01/24/13
        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
        Applied- 06/12
        PFT-07/12
        CJBAT- 12/12
        Panel Interview- 01/13
        BI- in process

FBI
        Phase two: probably never

Comment

• These investigators just take their time contacting people. I'm just sitting here waiting to be contacted. I looked at my credit report recently and saw it was pulled by US Customs so hopefully that means my file is actually in process and NOT sitting around on someone's desk lol..Happy to see investigators working down south..Hopefully some of these Northeast region investigators will pick up the pace!

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
            Well, the investigator actually suggested meeting at my house, but maybe that is because he noticed that I work two jobs, that are around 10 miles apart. Oh the joys of working as many part-time jobs to afford life. Maybe your investigator just wanted get your bosses opinion out of the way?
            He mentioned something about that it has to be a neutral place.
            GEO: Illinois
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
            PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
            FT1: 2/20/2012
            Equip: 3/29/2012
            VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
            BI:11/22/2012
            Medical: 3/14/2012
            Poly: 10/18/2012
            Drug Test: Not Scheduled
            PFT2:

Comment

• hey guys .... just took my med and physical and uploaded equip and fingerprints. Does anyone know how long it takes for stuff to start showing up green on cass? I know case is relatively pointless but i would just like to see stuff get moving for my own eyes. thanks guys
              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
              Geo: Central/East
              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
              TSL:11/1/12
              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
              Met BI: 5/29/13
              TSU: 6/13/13
              Drug Test:6/12/13
              PFT 2:
              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• On Border Wars the episode called "Million Dollar Stash" which aired 11/2 has Border Patrol working the Falfurras, Texas port of entry. Does anyone know why they have BP there and not CBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                  hey guys .... just took my med and physical and uploaded equip and fingerprints. Does anyone know how long it takes for stuff to start showing up green on cass? I know case is relatively pointless but i would just like to see stuff get moving for my own eyes. thanks guys
                  Yes everyone is completely different, but just to give you an idea:

Pre-employment forms took 1.5 months, because apparently I was missing the Provisional Clearance form and I had to re-do equip(Even though it was never given to me as part of my TSL2 forms attachment). Qualifications took 3 months to go green. PFT1 and VBT/SI went green within a week after completing it. Medical took 1.5 months also to go green.
                  BPA
                  Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                  TSU: 01/03/13
                  The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                  Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                  Written Test: 04/19/12
                  NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                  TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                  Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                  PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                  Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                  VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                  Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                  Background Investigation: Completed
                  Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                  BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12
                  The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                    On Border Wars the episode called "Million Dollar Stash" which aired 11/2 has Border Patrol working the Falfurras, Texas port of entry. Does anyone know why they have BP there and not CBP?
                    Fal has a Border Patrol Immigration Checkpoint. That is not a POE. It's about 70 miles from the border.
                    Gek.

Comment

• My VBT went green on Thanksgiving, about a week after taking the test and SI. Same for Physical. They said Med can take 4-6 weeks for processing. Hope there's no holdups. Actually no I am going to fail it, so I have LASIK scheduled next week. Like everyone says, you'll come to know that this is the ultimate patience/waiting game.

On another more, does anyone know exactly how long FLETC is? Had a buddy (who is now ICE) go through it a few years back, he said it was 6 months but I heard it was 89 days. Just wondering how that all works, especially financially. I have a lot in savings, but when you are taking a job that will pay you a third of what you are making now, it has to be a bit of a strain financially for people, right?
                      GEO: Northeast
                      Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                      TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                      e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                      Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                      PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                      VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                      Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                      Qualifications: Pending
                      Drug Screening: Pending
                      BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                      Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

• So I guess my BI finally started. One of my references called me to tell me that he met with my investigator last week. Does anybody know if the investigator schedules an appointment to actually meet with you shortly after they start to contact your references?
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                        TSU: 3/28/13
                        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• is it wrong for me to be more worried about the VBT than anything? i feel like theyre not gonna get a full representation of myself through a video playback
                          CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                          Geo: Central/East
                          NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                          TSL:11/1/12
                          Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                          Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                          Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                          VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                          Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                          Met BI: 5/29/13
                          TSU: 6/13/13
                          Drug Test:6/12/13
                          PFT 2:
                          EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• It is not wrong of you to worry about that. The system doesn't make sense and like a lot of things in life, some luck is required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                              So I guess my BI finally started. One of my references called me to tell me that he met with my investigator last week. Does anybody know if the investigator schedules an appointment to actually meet with you shortly after they start to contact your references?
                              Its different for everybody. My references live in different states so I had three investigators. Two investigators met with references off LI before I met the investigator assigned to meet with me. About a week after she came to my apartment, she met my LI reference, then my parents, previous employers, neighbors and previous landlords. This all happened in a two or three week span.
                              Last edited by Rms16; 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have my PFT2 in approx 10hrs. I'm super nervous and can't sleep. Wish me luck, if I pass I will EOD @ JFK Dec. 03 and be heading to FLETC Jan. 03. I'm a fat ***, but I've been running the 1.5 on the street in under 17min so I'm hoping on a track will be easier. Looking to drop about 20lbs before FLETC....fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow to let you guys know if I passed or failed!
                                EOD - 08/2014
                                FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                                DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7575 users online. 409 members and 7166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X