Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the check mark for pre-employment forms today. Only check missing is Drug Screening
    GEO: Illinois
    Test: 12/2010
    NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
    PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
    FT1: 2/20/2012
    Equip: 3/29/2012
    VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
    BI:11/22/2012
    Medical: 3/14/2012
    Poly: 10/18/2012
    Drug Test: Not Scheduled
    PFT2:

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post

By the way, I contacted NHC DEU-CBPO last Friday about changing my geo location, and they responded today. This is what I received: "You cannot change your region once you are in the Tentative Selection processing which you are"... It really sucks that I cant change my location, I dont understand why not? So I guess they dont do that anymore, I though they would let you change it, send you a new NOR for that region, and then you would just have to reapply to the new announcement?
      You are mistaken...
      They will let you change GEO only if you have not been given a TSL for the region you applied to, once you get a TSL you have to re-apply on a new announcement. Once you receive the new TSL for the region you applied to (in the new announcement) all completed steps transfer over.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
        Anyone else Geo for Northeast? Looks like the majority of people go for SWB, probably due to the need of Agents/Officers there.

Also - does anyone know about potential hiring patterns/needs for the Northeast? The Northeast is pretty vague, just wondering if anyone can offer insight as to what locations are filling positions.
        I'm in the Northeast, just had my VBT yesterday and poly next week. In speaking to the supervisors, they said to take whatever position they offer you even if it is not in the region you applied for. So ultimately, expect the worst and take it regardless.
        Last edited by 4u2nv; 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM.
        GEO: Northeast
        Test: 12/16/10 (in PA)
        NOR: 1/25/10 (90 - no vet pref.)
        TSL1: 8/29/12
        TSL2: 8/31/12
        E-QIP: Submitted 9/6/12 (Fingerprints sent 9/14/12)
        PFT1: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
        Medical: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
        VBT / SI: 11/26/12 (Cleared)
        BI: At Security Office
        Poly: 12/4/12 (Scheduled) - failed..
        PFT2: Not Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by 4u2nv View Post
          I'm in the Northeast, just had my VBT yesterday and poly next week. In speaking to the supervisors, they said to take whatever position they offer you even if it is not in the region you applied for. So ultimately, expect the worst and take it regardless.
          4u2nv - thanks for the feedback. You tested back in 2010? Do you know how it works with that test vs the testers who took it in 2012(like me) I got a 96 no vet, TSL'ed in September, had VbT/SI, Medical and PFT1 already. Is it whoever finishes the process first, or do older test lists get pref? Also if they just did all your CASS steps recently after testing do long ago, that could be a good sign that they are looking to bring more officers on in the Northeast, right?
          Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
          e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
          Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
          PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
          Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
          Qualifications: Pending
          Drug Screening: Pending
          BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
          Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

4u2nv - thanks for the feedback. You tested back in 2010? Do you know how it works with that test vs the testers who took it in 2012(like me) I got a 96 no vet, TSL'ed in September, had VbT/SI, Medical and PFT1 already. Is it whoever finishes the process first, or do older test lists get pref? Also if they just did all your CASS steps recently after testing do long ago, that could be a good sign that they are looking to bring more officers on in the Northeast, right?
            Your guess is as good as mine man. It's really all just organized chaos. I highly doubt they care when you took the test, I don't think that would factor into anyone's timeline.

When I went for the VBT, I spoke to the supervisors regarding the current hiring situation, and they claimed this was the perfect time to come into the agency:
            Recent pay increase/better benefits that they spent the past 4 years fighting for, lot of retirees and other factors. One of them was even retiring in 30 days, the other in 1 year.

Either way, I wouldn't try to read to much into things - you'll go nuts.
            Test: 12/16/10 (in PA)
            NOR: 1/25/10 (90 - no vet pref.)
            TSL1: 8/29/12
            TSL2: 8/31/12
            E-QIP: Submitted 9/6/12 (Fingerprints sent 9/14/12)
            PFT1: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
            Medical: 9/26/12 (Cleared)
            VBT / SI: 11/26/12 (Cleared)
            BI: At Security Office
            Poly: 12/4/12 (Scheduled) - failed..
            PFT2: Not Scheduled

Comment

• Thanks for the info. At what point did you meet with your BI? It sounds like we are roughly the same point in the process, as much as you can be anyway.
              Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
              TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
              e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
              Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
              PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
              VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
              Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
              Qualifications: Pending
              Drug Screening: Pending
              BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
              Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

The test date doesn't matter as much as the TSL date and that only matters if you're in the same region. If you and 4u2nv both finish the steps at the same time and are in the same region, then they will call who ever has the oldest TSl date. That only matters though if you finish at the same time, if your TSl date is after his and you finish before he does, then if there is an open spot you will get the call. Did you get that? I may have made it sound a little more confusing then it needed to be haha.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  You are mistaken...
                  They will let you change GEO only if you have not been given a TSL for the region you applied to, once you get a TSL you have to re-apply on a new announcement. Once you receive the new TSL for the region you applied to (in the new announcement) all completed steps transfer over.
                  Hi Yoda, yeah I was confused.. I thought they would let you change it anytime during the hiring process, even after your TSL. Thanks.

Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  If you don't want an actual border job, why don't you quit? There will be other announcements for jobs at border functional equivalents. Why don't you drop out, leave room for some that actually does want the job that you applied for, and wait for something different? If you take a border job and don't want a border job, you won't be happy, your family won't be happy, and the man that you displaced won't be happy.
                  Well, It's not that I don't want a border job, I would not mind working there but it doesnt hurt trying to stay where you already have your family, friends, knowledge, etc.. Also, I dont want to waste any more time, whatever come first, Ill take it! BTW, If I dont like where they send me, I believe you could put in for a transfer after 3-5 years, maybe more, who knows... but at least you have a choice.
                  Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Still no word on my BI or a Poly :sigh:

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                      Still no word on my BI or a Poly :sigh:
                      I feel your pain Javier, I haven't even been scheduled for a poly yet. I feel like my paper work has been misplaced and I've fallen through the cracks. Lost in the abyss that is IA haha.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                        Hey I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure:

If you are in the process for both CBP and Border Patrol, and you take the poly for CBP first and pass, are you required to take another poly for the Border Patrol?
                        No. The poly would cross over for both applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                          wow, a 4th poly? I had taken one. Still have not heard anything but they did start my background because i met with my bi and then about a few days later a different bi was walking around my neighborhood. I wish i could assume that I passed but like some of us on here my poly examiner gave me a hard time on some questions but i stuck to my guns and he asked if i would take another to prove i didnt lie on this one. i told him of course and then we ended the day with a firm hand shake and he smiled and said "goodluck" lol.... i just would hate to have met my bi already and then figure out i failed a poly or worse have to take another one!

hope everyone's thanksgiving was great, i dont know about you guys but not looking forward to heading back to the gym.
                          4th time was a charm... I finally passed the poly. This examiner was much more experienced and encouraging. He really put me at ease, and helped me through the process.

Comment

• Congratulation in passing your poly azcactus42, I took my poly last Friday and the examiner told me that I did not passed. He also say that they could call me again to take it again but its depend on quality control department. I wanted to know if they told you the same to you. Now I am not sure if they will call. I know that everything is different but I would like to know from another applicants. Thank you.
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Got the call to schedule my drug screening and meet with my investigator.
                              GEO: Illinois
                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                              PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                              FT1: 2/20/2012
                              Equip: 3/29/2012
                              VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                              BI:11/22/2012
                              Medical: 3/14/2012
                              Poly: 10/18/2012
                              PFT2:

Comment

• Got a call to schedule a meeting with my background investigator today, going to meet him at my house tomorrow after work. Also had my doctors appointment and everything, and while my heart rate at the docs was still a bit high, he said everything was fine, prolly a case of white coat syndrome as he called it. I gotta go pick up the letter today and am going to fax everything over. Hopefully this will be the last steps I have to do until the drug test and pft-2.

Does anyone know if they wait until after the poly to schedule the BI meeting? or should I still be looking out for mail or phone calls for any necessary retakes,etc.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13
                                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

FBI
                                Phase two: probably never

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5665 users online. 256 members and 5409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X