300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, a question:

People who retaked or have to retake their poly was told that they did not passed and maybe will receive a call for another one? In my case, the polygrapher told me that I did not passed because an important question, and he asked me if they call me for another one I'll do it again?.. off course I said yes, he also said that Quality control has the last word... The key is, to you guys was told that you didn't passed?

Is incredible that this machine can say that you lied when you don't..... I hope that they will call me for another one....

Thank you...
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
      Hi, a question:

People who retaked or have to retake their poly was told that they did not passed and maybe will receive a call for another one? In my case, the polygrapher told me that I did not passed because an important question, and he asked me if they call me for another one I'll do it again?.. off course I said yes, he also said that Quality control has the last word... The key is, to you guys was told that you didn't passed?

Is incredible that this machine can say that you lied when you don't..... I hope that they will call me for another one....

Thank you...
      When I took mine the first time I was told I passed but if I had to retake it would I be able to retake with the same agent and of course I said yes. Lol an behold I get the second call and was frustrated and didn't understand why but anyways after I completed the second test, the agent told me I had pad passed (both times) but was randomly selected to take the second too. The chances of me getting a 3rd would be 1 in 10000 applicants but til this day I have not heard anything from MHC or IA that tey got anything saying I even took the polygraph....definitely frustrating!
      CBPO SWB
      Application: 3/28/12
      Exam: 4/26/12
      NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
      TSL: 6/12/12
      TSL2: 6/13/12
      Eqip: clear 6/28/12
      Fingerprint: 6/22/12
      PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
      Quals: GS7 8/28/12
      PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
      Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
      VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
      Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
      Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
      Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

Hi, a question:

Thank you...
        Pretty much my exact story, plus i gave him some concerns that he said could of possibly contributed to a false positive. The Polygraph in my eyes now is a very shady thing.

Comment

• weekend warrior.... same thing happened to me..... I also failed the drug question and then passed in the second one... it is incredible......... what can I say.. it look like if you think about the question after your answer it, it show like you are not telling the true...
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Hey I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure:

If you are in the process for both CBP and Border Patrol, and you take the poly for CBP first and pass, are you required to take another poly for the Border Patrol?
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13
            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12
            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

Hi, a question:

Thank you...
              Shark, this is my worst fear right here. You put it all out on the table and they still tell you that you're lying. Hope they do call you for a second one or better yet just call to give you an eod. I know you've been waiting a long while for this. I hope it all works out.
              Last edited by Rms16; 11-26-2012, 01:33 PM.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Thank you Rms16, I don't know if anybody said it, but in the poly, when they ask you a question and you answer "yes or no", the time they wait until they ask the next question, you start thinking about the question, and then you remember things that you saw or you know, not about you did something wrong but maybe you were in that place ........ let me tell you that is so bad...... I did not lied, and I explained it to him... I think is bad if you don't search something about polygraph, you really need to know how this work before to take it....
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• wow, a 4th poly? I had taken one. Still have not heard anything but they did start my background because i met with my bi and then about a few days later a different bi was walking around my neighborhood. I wish i could assume that I passed but like some of us on here my poly examiner gave me a hard time on some questions but i stuck to my guns and he asked if i would take another to prove i didnt lie on this one. i told him of course and then we ended the day with a firm hand shake and he smiled and said "goodluck" lol.... i just would hate to have met my bi already and then figure out i failed a poly or worse have to take another one!

hope everyone's thanksgiving was great, i dont know about you guys but not looking forward to heading back to the gym.
                  CBPO
                  App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                  Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                  ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                  APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                  PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                  Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                  Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• They told me the same thing. After my fist set of questions they told me I wasn't passing, the second set of questions they told me I wasn't passing either. In the third set of questions (which are the same questions as the first and second set) they told me I failed that third set. They were playing the good cop and bad cop game. They told me they were going to check if they could do a fourth set of questions but supposedly they couldn't. They were going to send my polygraph to quality control and I might need to retake the polygraph. They told me the second polygraph was going to be in my city ( I had to travel out of town for the polygraph) and that if I wanted the same person for the retake.

I didn't ask but what do you guys think its the difference between not passing and failing the questions?

It's been about 8 weeks since I took the polygraph and I haven't heard anything \o/

Originally posted by Shark View Post
                    Hi, a question:

Thank you...

Comment

• Yeah, if you read my posts a few pages back you'll see where I was told I failed the "foreign national" related questions. ( I won't divulge the exact questions due to privacy concerns, but you guys who have had the polygraph know what Im talking about).

-Havent been in the military
                      -Any foreign travel has been on a cruise
                      -From a small town

Took initiative and took another polygraph (independent of the CBP hiring process). I was asked roughly the same foreign national related questions and had no trouble passing.

Its been a month and I havent received the letter from IA. I expect it to say I failed (since I was told I failed), so I plan on using the second, passed polygraph as leverage for getting an appeal.
                      Geo: SWB
                      Test: 6/23/12
                      NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                      TSL1: 7/13/12
                      TSL2: 7/17/12
                      E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                      Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                      VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                      Drug Test:
                      B.I.:
                      Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                      Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Does anyone know is the poly 100% for all applicants yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                          Does anyone know is the poly 100% for all applicants yet?
                          Yeah it is supposed to be.
                          Those of you who are worried about just take a deep breath and tell the truth the rest of it is out of your hands. Some people just can't pass the thing no matter what, their nerves just wont let up enough to give a conclusive reading.
                          Last edited by Firefox; 11-26-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Well, I took my poly 3 weeks ago, I haven't heard anything about it.. Also, I've read on this forum, the longest that you wait to be contacted about the poly the better.. Im not 100% sure about that, since some people have received letters 3 months after that they failed..

By the way, I contacted NHC DEU-CBPO last Friday about changing my geo location, and they responded today. This is what I received: "You cannot change your region once you are in the Tentative Selection processing which you are"... It really sucks that I cant change my location, I dont understand why not? So I guess they dont do that anymore, I though they would let you change it, send you a new NOR for that region, and then you would just have to reapply to the new announcement?
                            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                              Well, I took my poly 3 weeks ago, I haven't heard anything about it.. Also, I've read on this forum, the longest that you wait to be contacted about the poly the better.. Im not 100% sure about that, since some people have received letters 3 months after that they failed..

By the way, I contacted NHC DEU-CBPO last Friday about changing my geo location, and they responded today. This is what I received: "You cannot change your region once you are in the Tentative Selection processing which you are"... It really sucks that I cant change my location, I dont understand why not? So I guess they dont do that anymore, I though they would let you change it, send you a new NOR for that region, and then you would just have to reapply to the new announcement?
                              If you don't want an actual border job, why don't you quit? There will be other announcements for jobs at border functional equivalents. Why don't you drop out, leave room for some that actually does want the job that you applied for, and wait for something different? If you take a border job and don't want a border job, you won't be happy, your family won't be happy, and the man that you displaced won't be happy.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Anyone else Geo for Northeast? Looks like the majority of people go for SWB, probably due to the need of Agents/Officers there.

Also - does anyone know about potential hiring patterns/needs for the Northeast? The Northeast is pretty vague, just wondering if anyone can offer insight as to what locations are filling positions.
                                GEO: Northeast
                                Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
                                TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
                                e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
                                Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
                                PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                                VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
                                Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
                                Qualifications: Pending
                                Drug Screening: Pending
                                BI: Pending

MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
                                Passed ELPAT/Written

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10179 users online. 374 members and 9805 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X