300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
    That's why I asked for brakes, to stop this long day..... Thank you Drifting....

Seriously, any "BREAK"
    Thanks for the chuckle.....at my poly, the process total took around 5 hours, but only maybe an hour or two was actually in the chair, and I got restroom and a snack break. I had an old school friend thats in the process too that told me he was not afforded a break though. It could depend on the whims of the given investigator.
    CBPO:
    Test- 05/12
    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
    TSL1/2-08/12
    PFT1/Med-09/12
    VBT/SI-10/12
    Poly-11/12
    BI-12/12
    TSU-01/24/13
    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
    Applied- 06/12
    PFT-07/12
    CJBAT- 12/12
    Panel Interview- 01/13
    BI- in process

FBI
    Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
      Hey folks, I keep hearing about people failing the VBT lately. Given the mysterious nature of the test, can anyone share any tips about the VBT? I am not asking for the scenarios, but more like advice. Thank you.
      don't suck.... just kidding like someone said before, be yourself, take a deep breath and breathe. It will be awkward at first but then jump right in, you will know exactly what i mean when the time comes. you will do fine!
      CBPO
      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
        Thanks for the chuckle.....at my poly, the process total took around 5 hours, but only maybe an hour or two was actually in the chair, and I got restroom and a snack break. I had an old school friend thats in the process too that told me he was not afforded a break though. It could depend on the whims of the given investigator.
        looking back my poly wasn't as bad as i had thought, but it was just tiring and long/drawn out. but I was in and out of the chair and had plenty of restroom breaks, they even offered to get me lunch.
        CBPO
        App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
        Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
        ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
        APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
        PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
        Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
        Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• aight man, if you say so, than I won't suck.

Seems like it was easier to find advice about the DSS BEX than it is from VBT. I was fine until a week ago and I started talking to some people, who for some reason, have all failed. That's what got me worried. At least they dont seem to be doing a SI right after the VBT anymore, maybe that's a good thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
            aight man, if you say so, than I won't suck.

Seems like it was easier to find advice about the DSS BEX than it is from VBT. I was fine until a week ago and I started talking to some people, who for some reason, have all failed. That's what got me worried. At least they dont seem to be doing a SI right after the VBT anymore, maybe that's a good thing?
            The reason you are not getting info is that we had to sign a non disclosure agreement that we cannot tell any one about it. They claim they will prosecute us if we do. Wear a nice suit, look sharp, and be confident. you do not have to know anything about law enforecement or immigration. Just use tact and common sense.

Comment

• got called in for my poly.

long beach. nov 27th.
              tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
              NOR-11/11
              TSL- 11/17/11
              pft1- 12/8/11
              Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
              Qual- completed 3/12
              Medical Ex- completed 4/12
              S I-completed 3/12
              Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
              Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
              Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
              Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
              new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• I'm not going to lie, seeing all these posts about getting the call for the poly has me a little envious. Not that I ever thought I'd be hoping for a poly, but it's the only thing that's holding me back. Wish I could just move forward already. All I can do though is sit and wait, I'm always waiting lol.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
                  Thank you so much Payniel!
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    I'm not going to lie, seeing all these posts about getting the call for the poly has me a little envious. Not that I ever thought I'd be hoping for a poly, but it's the only thing that's holding me back. Wish I could just move forward already. All I can do though is sit and wait, I'm always waiting lol.
                    Yea Rms16 from looking at your timeline the last movement you had was your quals clearing in Jan? is that correct? Sorry man

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                      Yea Rms16 from looking at your timeline the last movement you had was your quals clearing in Jan? is that correct? Sorry man
                      Ya that's right, it's absolutely brutal. Who would have thought that I would be hotly anticipating a call for a poly lol. I have to laugh or I may lose it haha. Thanks NYCperson9, how did you make out with sandy?
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Contact MHC now, before you've received an offer, and request a change. They'll cancel your current TSL and put you in the queue for the new location. There's a good chance they'll make you wait until the next open CBPO announcement in order to do so, but you never know...

All of your steps should carry over...if and when you pick up a TSL for the new location.
                        Thank you; Ok, Now it makes more sense... So, taking a guess there might not be an announcement anytime soon. Since the last announcement was extended for so many months there wont be a need for new applicants?

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Here's how it goes...
                        Next open period you need to apply to the region you WANT.
                        Once you receive the new TSL, all completed steps will carry over and the first TSL is cancelled.
                        Just hope that you get a new TSL before they call you for the original one...but you can decline to offer when they call you, if you really don't want SWB, and tell them that you are waiting on the new TSL for the region you want.

Do know that they will go by your new "certificate"/TSL date, but having all steps completed by then will help you out.
                        Hey Yoda, thank you for always helping us! I'd really like to stay on the East Coast side,Also Im just thinking now, its going to be a risk; I probably would not get a call in years if I change my location, considering that I'd have to wait until a new announcement.
                        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all! take care
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Ya that's right, it's absolutely brutal. Who would have thought that I would be hotly anticipating a call for a poly lol. I have to laugh or I may lose it haha. Thanks NYCperson9, how did you make out with sandy?
                            Seriously! Everyone else is getting polys, why can't we?? <--sarcasm...sorta
                            CBPO
                            Geo - West Coast
                            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                            NOR - 4/2/12
                            TSL - 6/12/12
                            PFT1 - green
                            BI -
                            Quals -
                            VBT/SI - green
                            Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Just received a message from MHC stating that my Provisional Clearance Agreement form is missing. Is there any hidden messages in this?
                              GEO: Illinois
                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                              PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                              FT1: 2/20/2012
                              Equip: 3/29/2012
                              VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                              BI:11/22/2012
                              Medical: 3/14/2012
                              Poly: 10/18/2012
                              Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                              PFT2:

Comment

• My poly is the 26th. I really don't feel comfortable wearing a suit if I don't have to... I know it will distract me. Does anyone think I'd be alright if I wore really nice dress pants and a nice, tucked in button-down shirt with a nice sweater over it? I wore something of the sort to my VBT a few years ago. I'd find it much more comfortable than a suit and I feel I could be more relaxed in it. Thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6146 users online. 238 members and 5908 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X