300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
    I am pretty sure you would have to start all over again. Geo changes must be made before TSL as far as I know. Where did you want to change your geo to?
    Wow, that sucks if I have to do everything all over again... I'd like to change it to the Central/East Coast Region... :/ ooh well
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Lol, up for work this morning and checked CASS to see my pre-employment forms finally went green, after 6 months. Also, got called my medical yesterday and they just want me to get seen by a doc, and get some blood work done to check for thyroid issues....hope this doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

good luck all.
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• I checked CASS this morning and have all green checks now. The medical recert form is in my email. Will send back today.

I am in a dilemma now cause i will probably get an offer but I also start the Police Academy Jan 2 in Nashville. If any one has ever done both, which do you prefer. I am retired Army so i know CBP would benefit me more with vacation time. Also I am 42, in pretty good shape, but figure a police officer will probably have to get in more fights and stuff. Any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
          I checked CASS this morning and have all green checks now. The medical recert form is in my email. Will send back today.

I am in a dilemma now cause i will probably get an offer but I also start the Police Academy Jan 2 in Nashville. If any one has ever done both, which do you prefer. I am retired Army so i know CBP would benefit me more with vacation time. Also I am 42, in pretty good shape, but figure a police officer will probably have to get in more fights and stuff. Any advice?
          Definately CBP over Nashville PD, when did you take the exam for CBP

Comment

I checked CASS this morning and have all green checks now. The medical recert form is in my email. Will send back today.

mnewsome21, for now take the Nashville Metro PD job. There is no definite/time table that cbp will ever call. So play it that way, take the Nashville job in that regard. And if cbp calls at some point, then you can way your options and see if you want to do it. There is no use turning Nashville down, because what if cbp never calls? So it is better to have something instead of nothing, you know?
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
              Wow, that sucks if I have to do everything all over again... I'd like to change it to the Central/East Coast Region... :/ ooh well
              Contact MHC now, before you've received an offer, and request a change. They'll cancel your current TSL and put you in the queue for the new location. There's a good chance they'll make you wait until the next open CBPO announcement in order to do so, but you never know...

All of your steps should carry over...if and when you pick up a TSL for the new location.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                Here's how it goes...
                Next open period you need to apply to the region you WANT.
                Once you receive the new TSL, all completed steps will carry over and the first TSL is cancelled.
                Just hope that you get a new TSL before they call you for the original one...but you can decline to offer when they call you, if you really don't want SWB, and tell them that you are waiting on the new TSL for the region you want.

Do know that they will go by your new "certificate"/TSL date, but having all steps completed by then will help you out.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I can't understand why my background is taking so long to complete!! I'm only 22 and have had 2 real jobs in my life EVER..lol this wait is killing me. I am a US citizen but my parents are only residents. Could that be holding up my background? Maybe my file is just sitting in a pile on someones desk and the person is on vacation for the holidays with my luck

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                    I can't understand why my background is taking so long to complete!! I'm only 22 and have had 2 real jobs in my life EVER..lol this wait is killing me. I am a US citizen but my parents are only residents. Could that be holding up my background? Maybe my file is just sitting in a pile on someones desk and the person is on vacation for the holidays with my luck
                    You guess is as good as anyone else. There is no order to the madness.
                    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                    -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hey folks, I keep hearing about people failing the VBT lately. Given the mysterious nature of the test, can anyone share any tips about the VBT? I am not asking for the scenarios, but more like advice. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                        Hey folks, I keep hearing about people failing the VBT lately. Given the mysterious nature of the test, can anyone share any tips about the VBT? I am not asking for the scenarios, but more like advice. Thank you.
                        Don't be nervous, be your self and think that everybody have to do that and you are not the only one
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:12/10
                        TSl: 5/11
                        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                        Met BI:1/12
                        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 3/12
                        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• I have a question, the polygraph is the 5 or whatever time it takes without a brake or they give brakes?

Thanks...
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                            I have a question, the polygraph is the 5 or whatever time it takes without a brake or they give brakes?

Thanks...
                            They give you brakes that you can press so that the examiner knows you need a break.

Seriously, I have no idea though.
                            Gek.

Comment

That's great news mnewsom21, I know you have been waiting awhile for that green check. Like biggie and I said before take Nashville untill CBP calls. Im sure you know that though. Congrats again!
                              Last edited by Rms16; 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• That's why I asked for brakes, to stop this long day..... Thank you Drifting....

Seriously, any "BREAK"
                                Last edited by Shark; 11-20-2012, 02:02 PM. Reason: adding
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9549 users online. 439 members and 9110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X