Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • that's weird. I got an email about an hour ago from MHC congratulating me on passing the PFT1. It's been months since I took it lol. Why do they do this to us?!?! My heart stopped for a moment when I saw who it was from.
    BPA
    Applied (CA): 08/02/11
    TSU: 01/03/13
    The Call: 02/01/13

    CBPO
    Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
    Written Test: 04/19/12
    NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
    TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
    Pre-Employment forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
    PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
    Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
    VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
    Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
    Background Investigation: Completed
    Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
    BI Meeting: 12/20/12
    TSU: 12/27/12
    The Call: 02/01/13

    Comment


    • Originally posted by -USER- View Post
      that's weird. I got an email about an hour ago from MHC congratulating me on passing the PFT1. It's been months since I took it lol. Why do they do this to us?!?! My heart stopped for a moment when I saw who it was from.

      I got the same one and happened to get a notification about it while on the freeway.....raced home to be disappointed. The email is probably because of the email migration they did a few weeks ago for med messages.

      I also keep getting emails about fitness reminders too.
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

      OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

      FBI
      Phase two: probably never

      Comment


      • First time poster, long time reader.

        Question...took the test in NYC in April, score of 96 for Northeast.TSL 1 and 2 in September. Took my fitness Monday, already showing complete in CASS. VBT on Monday. I know I am going to fail uncorrected vision but I have Lasik scheduled in 3 weeks. Seems like everything is humming along. Anyone else on this timeline? Anyone see any hiccups with getting a waiver for that?
        GEO: Northeast
        Test: 4/12, 96 no vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2: 9/12
        e-QIP & Fingerprint: 9/12
        Medical: 10/12 (results in Med Review Office)
        PFT1: 10/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        VBT/SI: 11/12 (Passed, Green in CASS)
        Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
        Qualifications: Pending
        Drug Screening: Pending
        BI: Pending

        MA Police: 4/11, Score of 96

        MA Fire Fighter: 4/12, Score of 99
        Passed ELPAT/Written

        Comment


        • how long is the pft 1 good for again?

          coming up on the 1 year timeline in december...i remember a form was needed to be filled out stating nothing changed.
          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
          NOR-11/11
          TSL- 11/17/11
          pft1- 12/8/11
          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
          Qual- completed 3/12
          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
          S I-completed 3/12
          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
          Fitness- completed 12/12

          EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
          new fletc date- 11-18-13

          SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bry3213 View Post
            First time poster, long time reader.

            Question...took the test in NYC in April, score of 96 for Northeast.TSL 1 and 2 in September. Took my fitness Monday, already showing complete in CASS. VBT on Monday. I know I am going to fail uncorrected vision but I have Lasik scheduled in 3 weeks. Seems like everything is humming along. Anyone else on this timeline? Anyone see any hiccups with getting a waiver for that?
            VBT/SI does not have a vision test, it is Video Based. Your vision is tested during the complete medical exam. If you have your LASIK done prior to your medical (which you probably will) and you take the medical exam, you will pass the vision however, they will still have a medical reviewer send you a wavier 3-months from your surgery date. Once you clear that date and providing nothing else goes wrong with your medical then you should be able to get the form filled out from your LASIK doctor and you will get a green check for medical.

            any questions feel free to PM me. Also not sure how much research you did about LASIK (hopefully a lot) but if you have questions about it then feel free to PM, i went from a -7.50 perscription in both eyes to 20/10 without any over-correction.
            CBPO
            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

            I had to decline, if you need help msg.


            NJSP
            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

            Comment


            • same situation happened to me, i took the poly before i met with my BI, but it seems to be a good thing. i honestly dont think i would of met with bi if i didn't pass. i meet with him 3 weeks after i took the poly, so im guessing that was enough time to grade it and give me a pass.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by heaven192 View Post
                same situation happened to me, i took the poly before i met with my BI, but it seems to be a good thing. i honestly dont think i would of met with bi if i didn't pass. i meet with him 3 weeks after i took the poly, so im guessing that was enough time to grade it and give me a pass.
                I hope I am as lucky as you and get the opportunity to meet with the B.I. soon after taking the Polygraph.
                BPA
                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                TSU: 01/03/13
                The Call: 02/01/13

                CBPO
                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                Written Test: 04/19/12
                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                Background Investigation: Completed
                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                TSU: 12/27/12
                The Call: 02/01/13

                Comment


                • Ok, so I got a letter from CHS this today about my medical exam, which included a copy of my EKG. The letter said to review the information with my personal physician, which I dont have one, as I have no insurance. Thats all the letter has in it, no instructions or anything. Is there something I should be doing?

                  Im pretty sure its because I was amped up for my pft at that point and my heart seemed to be racing a bit. I could feel my adrenaline going, and did quite well on the pft. Hope this doesnt fudge up the process.
                  CBPO:
                  Test- 05/12
                  NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                  TSL1/2-08/12
                  PFT1/Med-09/12
                  VBT/SI-10/12
                  Poly-11/12
                  BI-12/12
                  TSU-01/24/13
                  1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                  OCSO:
                  Applied- 06/12
                  PFT-07/12
                  CJBAT- 12/12
                  Panel Interview- 01/13
                  BI- in process

                  FBI
                  Phase two: probably never

                  Comment


                  • Hey guys.. new to the thread and the site well i just got done doing my poly.....a lot of re worded questions for me i guess I had alot on my mind but my IA said that I should be successful in this process as long as it gets back from QA alright
                    Geo: swb
                    App: 3/26/12
                    Written : 6/12 82%
                    TSL 1 & 2: 7/12
                    Med: 9/12
                    VBT: 9/12
                    Quals: 10/12 gs7
                    Poly: 11/12 passed
                    Drug test: 12/12
                    BI: 12/12
                    TSU: 12/27/12
                    The call: 2/06/13
                    EOD: 3/11/13
                    Pft2 retest???

                    Comment


                    • Hey I EOD @ San Ysidro 12/3/12 and I am from NY.....have you found a place yet???

                      Comment


                      • Hey I EOD @ San Ysidro 12/3/12 and I am from NY.....have you found a place yet???

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                          Ok, so I got a letter from CHS this today about my medical exam, which included a copy of my EKG. The letter said to review the information with my personal physician, which I dont have one, as I have no insurance. Thats all the letter has in it, no instructions or anything. Is there something I should be doing?

                          Im pretty sure its because I was amped up for my pft at that point and my heart seemed to be racing a bit. I could feel my adrenaline going, and did quite well on the pft. Hope this doesnt fudge up the process.
                          You need to see a doctor to get medically cleared. They will look at your chart and might send you to a cardiologist. They will get a full history and most, likely give you another EKG. Depnding on what they find, then you may get a stress test. All expense will be paid by you. Not having a doctor or insurance is going to hit your wallet as most of these tests are not cheap.

                          If cleared, you should of received a waiver that the doctor needs to sign to clear you. Then, depending on what your diagnosis and testing was, copies of everything need to be sent by the doctors office to CHS.

                          I suggest you contact CHS or MHC for direct instructions as everyone's review case is different.

                          Good luck
                          Last edited by FullMetal; 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM.
                          "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                            You need to see a doctor to get medically cleared. They will look at your chart and might send you to a cardiologist. They will get a full history and most, likely give you another EKG. Depnding on what they find, then you may get a stress test. All expense will be paid by you. Not having a doctor or insurance is going to hit your wallet as most of these tests are not cheap.

                            If cleared, you should of received a waiver that the doctor needs to sign to clear you. Then, depending on what your diagnosis and testing was, copies of everything need to be sent by the doctors office to CHS.

                            I suggest you contact CHS or MHC for direct instructions as everyone's review case is different.

                            Good luck
                            You are completely right Fullmetal, I got the same problem and I took an stress test without insurance .... At the end I passed and my Medical cleared... If Payniel need more information about it, he can send a PM.
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              It's not a post availability issue...it's a funded GS-07 availability issue. They can't hire a GS-07 until and unless they have a funded GS-07 available. If they lack that slot, the position defaults the the next available GS-05 hire in line...which may or may not be the GS-07 guy.

                              For the most part a GS-07 hire works the same job and at the same locations as a GS-05 hire. One exception might be for a guy who has years of relevant work experience elsewhere who comes in as a GS-07 vs a guy with minimal qualifications who enters as a GS-05. As an example, say a former Border Patrol Agent GS-07 with several years of experience vs a recent college grad GS-05 with a BA in Fine Arts.

                              The guy with the relevant knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics might bump his way up...especially in certain situations.
                              If that's the case I would have rather go in as a GS5 if it meant I could start my career instead of waitig and waiting for a 7 slot to open up or get funded
                              CBPO SWB
                              Application: 3/28/12
                              Exam: 4/26/12
                              NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                              TSL: 6/12/12
                              TSL2: 6/13/12
                              Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                              Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                              PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                              Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                              PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                              Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                              VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                              Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                              Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                              Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12


                              "To switch, or not to switch"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                                You need to see a doctor to get medically cleared. They will look at your chart and might send you to a cardiologist. They will get a full history and most, likely give you another EKG. Depnding on what they find, then you may get a stress test. All expense will be paid by you. Not having a doctor or insurance is going to hit your wallet as most of these tests are not cheap.

                                If cleared, you should of received a waiver that the doctor needs to sign to clear you. Then, depending on what your diagnosis and testing was, copies of everything need to be sent by the doctors office to CHS.

                                I suggest you contact CHS or MHC for direct instructions as everyone's review case is different.

                                Good luck
                                Originally posted by Shark View Post
                                You are completely right Fullmetal, I got the same problem and I took an stress test without insurance .... At the end I passed and my Medical cleared... If Payniel need more information about it, he can send a PM.
                                Balls.........I did send MHC an email as soon as I opened and read the letter, asking what I should be doing about this. From what I can tell, it looks like my heart rate at 95/bpm, which is considered high normal. I just took my pulse and was sitting at around 72, damn nerves and adrenaline. Im guessing that this is the first portion of the paperwork Im gonna have to do...what do you think the chances of me not having to retake the ekg are? I mean 95bpm is still considered normal, close to the line, but still normal.

                                PS. The letter does say that unless contacted by chs, to not send anymore paperwork to them.
                                Last edited by payniel; 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13
                                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                                OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

                                FBI
                                Phase two: probably never

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11098 users online. 374 members and 10724 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X