300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
    Hi! Good luck I noticed your from OK? I just recently relocated here from TX, how far along are u in the process? I'm always curious to see if "females" are really getting pushed thru a little more or not...
    Welcome to Oklahoma lol. I have completed my 1st fit, medical, VBT/SI, and am now scheduled for my poly. From the looks of your timeline it seems that you are moving along farely well? I'm not sure if women are being pushed thru the process quicker or not, but I feel like I am moving along pretty quickly compared to some. However, I can't move along too fast because I don't graduate college until May lol.

Comment

• I have to say that wacthing "Border Wars" is both exciting and depressing at the same time, lol
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Does anyone know the real difference of being hired GS 5 vs GS 7 beside the money factor?

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
          Does anyone know the real difference of being hired GS 5 vs GS 7 beside the money factor?
          Money and time to reach Journeyman (GS-12)...an extra year.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• long time no posting... congrats to those moving to jan 2013 academy. hope everyone on east coast like me up in the NYC area are doing alright after the storm.

i took the poly in august and still no word if i passed or failed. I did meet recently with my bi. i asked if it meant I passed and he was surprised I even took a poly without meeting him first. so i am still in the dark about it. that is really the only update from my end for now, other than that just taking things day-to-day.

wish everyone the best.
            CBPO
            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Does anyone know if 100% of all applicants have to take the poly because I haven't received and email nor calls in regards to taking one

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                long time no posting... congrats to those moving to jan 2013 academy. hope everyone on east coast like me up in the NYC area are doing alright after the storm.

i took the poly in august and still no word if i passed or failed. I did meet recently with my bi. i asked if it meant I passed and he was surprised I even took a poly without meeting him first. so i am still in the dark about it. that is really the only update from my end for now, other than that just taking things day-to-day.

wish everyone the best.
                Sent you a PM

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                  Does anyone know the real difference of being hired GS 5 vs GS 7 beside the money factor?
                  Maybe seniority as well as the others.

A GS-05 hire is entry-level and is far easier to qualify for.
                  A GS-07 hire needs an available GS-07 slot and to be vetted as GS-07 qualified. GS-07 slots are limited and are often unavailable until more are funded. GS-07 qualification is likely more onerous than a GS-05 qualification.

The bottom line is that it's easier to hire GS-05's. That often means that GS-05's go through the process jumping fewer hurdles and hiring on quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by FTStatic View Post
                    Does anyone know if 100% of all applicants have to take the poly because I haven't received and email nor calls in regards to taking one
                    At this point, I dont think it's fully 100%. By 2013 I believe it will be. But it might be 99.99% as of right now lol.
                    BPA
                    Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                    TSU: 01/03/13
                    The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                    Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                    Written Test: 04/19/12
                    NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                    TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                    Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                    Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                    PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                    Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                    VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                    Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                    Background Investigation: Completed
                    Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                    BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                    TSU: 12/27/12
                    The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

Does anyone know if 100% of all applicants have to take the poly because I haven't received and email nor calls in regards to taking one
                      I don't know your time line but some people like me took close to 2 years to schedule a poly... some people haven't been contacted for it yet. But, it will be 100%... I think
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Merlin, care to clarify the GS5 v 7 hiring and post availability? I know 5s are usually entry level in the government, but what does a 7 do in in CBP if they start as a GS7? I qualify for 7 based on SAA, but didn't think that could impact locations that might be offered to me if I make it that far?

Comment

If you get far enough you will recieve a call for a Poly. I've spoken with several people from MHC and IA and they both told me that as of March of 2012 all applicants who are CURRENTLY in the process no matter when they applied will have to take a Poly.

I thought I wouldnt have to take it then got a call for it about a month later, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                            Merlin, care to clarify the GS5 v 7 hiring and post availability? I know 5s are usually entry level in the government, but what does a 7 do in in CBP if they start as a GS7? I qualify for 7 based on SAA, but didn't think that could impact locations that might be offered to me if I make it that far?
                            It's not a post availability issue...it's a funded GS-07 availability issue. They can't hire a GS-07 until and unless they have a funded GS-07 available. If they lack that slot, the position defaults the the next available GS-05 hire in line...which may or may not be the GS-07 guy.

For the most part a GS-07 hire works the same job and at the same locations as a GS-05 hire. One exception might be for a guy who has years of relevant work experience elsewhere who comes in as a GS-07 vs a guy with minimal qualifications who enters as a GS-05. As an example, say a former Border Patrol Agent GS-07 with several years of experience vs a recent college grad GS-05 with a BA in Fine Arts.

The guy with the relevant knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics might bump his way up...especially in certain situations.

Comment

• Has anyone ever been in a position where they received a call or email and were told that they were considered as a "priority" and needed to finish up their poly as soon as possible? Is this a good thing or bad? What can be expected next?

Comment

• Thanks Merlin. That makes sense and it is something I hadn't considered before. I guess government is the same, no matter which agency it is. And I am not worried about the GS7 part, have a few things to do before I get there. Mainly VBT and Poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9174 users online. 298 members and 8876 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X