300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
    Sounds like he was in a 2010 announcement, eh?

Edit: 10-3 That. Presidio wasn't in the "SWTX" vacancy.
    He took the exam on march 29 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
      So I have read through a lot of the conversations here and it seems that if you are not trying for the SWB your wait is going to be a few years. Having said that I am curious about the timelines for those that have applied for the SWB. I have seen some people that applied for the SWB in 2010 and not hired until 2012 but also have seen people hired for the SWB that applied this year and hired this year.

I am really looking for a consensus more than a concrete answer. I know everyone has different circumstances. I feel like the process is moving rather quickly and given the fact that I am going for the SWB, my hope is that with the push for bodies on the border as well as their need for women, an offer might come sooner rather than later.

Thoughts? Similar timelines for SWB?

CBPO Timeline
      Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Preference Southeast
      NOR: 7/26/2012 - Score: 96
      Switched Geo Preference to SWB: 8/22/2012
      TSL1: 9/12/2012
      TSL2: 9/17/2012
      eQIP Submitted: 9/24/2012
      PFT 1: 10/15/12 - 120/Pass
      VBT/Interview: 11/08/12
      -NOR 11/09/12 "Eligible"
      Polygraph:
      Drug Test:
      PFT 2:

They'll hire for the locations they need to hire for.

Eventually(maybe sooner rather than later), they'll more or less meet the SWB needs and then they'll move on to other, more pressing, locations. It wouldn't be all that surprising to me to see the pendulum
      shift this fiscal year to areas other than the SWB.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Eventually(maybe sooner rather than later), they'll more or less meet the SWB needs and then they'll move on to other, more pressing, locations. It wouldn't be all that surprising to me to see the pendulum
        I've noticed that out of the list that Tobynieves described, many of those ports haven't been offered lately, at least as posted on the forums. Under my announcement, most of those ports were available. It's frustrating seeing those ports being offered, while my background investigation sits pending, going on sixteen months.
        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

I certainly hope they are not done with the SWB yet, since I applied there. I understand the frustration and I don't see why they can't focus on all locations collectively equally.
          CBPO Timeline
          Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
          TSL: 09/12/12
          Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
          TSU: 4/22/13
          PFT 2: 10/8/13
          EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
          FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
          BPA Timeline
          Test: 03/16/13
          NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
          GEO Pref: South Texas
          TSL1: 06/21/13
          PFT1:
          Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
          Med: 3/2013
          Interview: 9/26/13
          EQUIP: 9/24/2012
          BI Investigator: 4/2/13
          Poly: 3/19/13
          Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Finally, I received a call from IA to schedule my Polygraph. Is incredible that we could receive the call in situations where we can't talk, that happened to me... then I asked if I could call him back and he said "No problem, I will call you in 5 min...." was not 5 min, it was like 15 min... the longest 15 min. The end of the story is that I will take it on November 23, yes the day after Thanks given... Finally I am feeling that I am getting close.... To the rest of the 2010 applicants, we are getting there... Now, is not in my hand, is in their hand.......
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• I received my letter today saying I passed my SI/vbt for NE region. I have poly and background left to complete. Do you guys think there will be more than one academy next yr? I guess that depends on the budget problems. This process is so draining! I try not to dwell on it but it's difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                Finally, I received a call from IA to schedule my Polygraph. Is incredible that we could receive the call in situations where we can't talk, that happened to me... then I asked if I could call him back and he said "No problem, I will call you in 5 min...." was not 5 min, it was like 15 min... the longest 15 min. The end of the story is that I will take it on November 23, yes the day after Thanks given... Finally I am feeling that I am getting close.... To the rest of the 2010 applicants, we are getting there... Now, is not in my hand, is in their hand.......
                That's great Shark, hopefully I'm next! You know the deal Shark keep calm tell the truth and you will do fine. Good luck, oh and don't eat to much turkey, you may fall asleep during the poly haha.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  Finally, I received a call from IA to schedule my Polygraph. Is incredible that we could receive the call in situations where we can't talk, that happened to me... then I asked if I could call him back and he said "No problem, I will call you in 5 min...." was not 5 min, it was like 15 min... the longest 15 min. The end of the story is that I will take it on November 23, yes the day after Thanks given... Finally I am feeling that I am getting close.... To the rest of the 2010 applicants, we are getting there... Now, is not in my hand, is in their hand.......
                  Shark, can you tell us where you have to go for the poly? I'm thinking we will have to go to the same place.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Anybody stationed and/or has knowledge of the mid-west ports, how are the hiring needs, overtime, working conditions etc?

Thanks in advance
                    BPA
                    Application Date: 09/11/2011
                    Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                    NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                    TSL: 04/05/2012
                    PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                    Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                    SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                    EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                    BI: Clear
                    PFT2: ?
                    EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                      I received my letter today saying I passed my SI/vbt for NE region. I have poly and background left to complete. Do you guys think there will be more than one academy next yr? I guess that depends on the budget problems. This process is so draining! I try not to dwell on it but it's difficult.
                      I feel your pain, I think we all do.. just keep your eyes on the prize my friend
                      BPA
                      Application Date: 09/11/2011
                      Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                      NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                      TSL: 04/05/2012
                      PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                      Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                      SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                      EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                      BI: Clear
                      PFT2: ?
                      EOD?

Comment

• Got the results of my VBT/SI today and I passed. Not that its big news or whatnot, but I noticed the Postmark from MN was on Nov, 8th. I got it on the 14th and CASS doesnt show any change. I gathered from reading that CASS only updates either once or twice a week on tuesday and thursdays, but does anyone really know?

Good luck too all.
                        CBPO:
                        Test- 05/12
                        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                        TSL1/2-08/12
                        PFT1/Med-09/12
                        VBT/SI-10/12
                        Poly-11/12
                        BI-12/12
                        TSU-01/24/13
                        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                        Applied- 06/12
                        PFT-07/12
                        CJBAT- 12/12
                        Panel Interview- 01/13
                        BI- in process

FBI
                        Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          Shark, can you tell us where you have to go for the poly? I'm thinking we will have to go to the same place.
                          Thank you Rms16, I will try to explain how my story about polygraph happened to me. In my case, I received a call from a 100000 number (unknown). He proposed 3 different dates in Miramar FL (is where I'm from) then I told him that I have to speak with my supervisor about going to Florida (I am in Pittsburgh) then he said that he could find another closer location, but the closer were DC, Detroit or Buffalo, so I preferred to flight to FL..... About to eat light or sleep well, I am not sure if I will be able to eat or sleep that day before..... .......I will try...... good luck guys......
                          Last edited by Shark; 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Reading what happened to you makes me nervous. I've traveled internationally about 20 times in the last 6 years for pleasure (I love to travel the world... and ironically, that's what got me interested in this job). I have a lot of friends all over the world and a considerable amount in South America. I know a lot of "foreign nationals" as a result. I have nothing to hide and never did anything wrong. Hell, I've never even smoked a cigarette. But, I'm afraid their questioning will make me nervous and I'll fail. I read that you barely have any contact, if any at all, with people from other countries which worries me more because I do on a regular basis. I took the exam in 2008!!! I've spent 4 years, going on 5 years, waiting for this and I don't want some ridiculous polygraph to ruin it for me. Anyway, my polygraph is coming up at the end of the month. Will report to Buffalo for it. Port I selected when I took the initial test in 2008 is St. Thomas, USVI. Keep us posted on what happens on your end. I'd contact your investigator from your BI, call the hiring center, send a letter, offer to take the exam again and even pay for it (although you shouldn't have to). Make waves. The polygraphs seem to be weeding out the wrong people for the wrong reasons :/

Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                            Just an update. I have not yet received my official notification and I can still log into CASS, but that hasn't stopped me from taking action.

I recently took another polygraph. I provided the examiner with the foreign national related questions and he modified them. He asked these questions along with some other trustworthiness questions (and of course the base questions). We spoke and he asked some different questions during our regular discussion that I feel helped me out. Additionally, the movement pad was sat on.

Per him I passed and didn't exhibit the slightest reaction to any question.

I plan on appealing, so does anyone have any links or info which would be helpful for me?

Comment

• AlbertW; I would start with the polygraph examiner, his direct superior, the SAC/Regional Director of that office, MHC, your Congressman's Office, your Senator's Office. First, I would ask the examiner and the MHC about the appeal process. Also, make sure that all of your communications with everyone are done in writing or by email. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                                Reading what happened to you makes me nervous. I've traveled internationally about 20 times in the last 6 years for pleasure (I love to travel the world... and ironically, that's what got me interested in this job). I have a lot of friends all over the world and a considerable amount in South America. I know a lot of "foreign nationals" as a result. I have nothing to hide and never did anything wrong. Hell, I've never even smoked a cigarette. But, I'm afraid their questioning will make me nervous and I'll fail. I read that you barely have any contact, if any at all, with people from other countries which worries me more because I do on a regular basis. I took the exam in 2008!!! I've spent 4 years, going on 5 years, waiting for this and I don't want some ridiculous polygraph to ruin it for me. Anyway, my polygraph is coming up at the end of the month. Will report to Buffalo for it. Port I selected when I took the initial test in 2008 is St. Thomas, USVI. Keep us posted on what happens on your end. I'd contact your investigator from your BI, call the hiring center, send a letter, offer to take the exam again and even pay for it (although you shouldn't have to). Make waves. The polygraphs seem to be weeding out the wrong people for the wrong reasons :/
                                GBeck, I just sent you a PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12686 users online. 479 members and 12207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X