300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
    I EOD san ysidro december third. My background started january of this year and i met with my BI about a month and a half ago. I was given a provisional clear...so they are still giving them out. If i lost my job i am pretty sure I'd cry lol. Giving up a decent job for this.
    If you met with your BI in January you probably have a full and clear background! I would hope so anyways. It's been 11 months! Who knows. Either way, congratulations! Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
      same here, the waiting is killing me...I've completed everything else, except my bi which I have yet to be contacted for
      I was like that too, first two week without knowing anything were very stressful, but I have to leave it in Gods hands. If he wants me there I'll be there. I am looking for a plan b plan c and plan d already.

Originally posted by Jturs View Post
      have you done your BI? what your time line looking like?
      No I haven't, I need the bi and the drug test.
      Took the initial test on dec 2010
      Got my score which was a 94 or 92 without no veterans points like on February 2011
      Didn't heard anything from cbp until June 2012. From June to July I had to send all the paperwork, got scheduled for the medical and 1st fitness test. Got scheduled for vbt and that same day did the si. Did the polygraph on the first or second week of October.

Comment

• Woke up this morn and checked CASS. All green checks except for BI. Now the waiting begins to get Poly and Meet n' Greet. Despite the waiting, I'm still pretty excited to see all those green checks. I'm cool with it.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bodybag is right, because i also have received a provisional clearance and i EOD is San Ysidro also
          Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
          I EOD san ysidro december third. My background started january of this year and i met with my BI about a month and a half ago. I was given a provisional clear...so they are still giving them out. If i lost my job i am pretty sure I'd cry lol. Giving up a decent job for this.

Comment

Just an FYI.... The BI doesn't start when CASS says "in the security office", it starts when it is assigned to an adjudicator and you are contacted by the investigator. You might have a full investigation done by now since you met your BI 1.5 months ago... The average time for a BI to go clear is 3 months to more than a year from meeting the investigator.

Good Luck at FLETC and at skidrow...
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Just an FYI.... The BI doesn't start when CASS says "in the security office", it starts when it is assigned to an adjudicator and you are contacted by the investigator. You might have a full investigation done by now since you met your BI 1.5 months ago... The average time for a BI to go clear is 3 months to more than a year from meeting the investigator.

I met my investigator 11 months ago.... so I am getting close...lol
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:12/10
              TSl: 5/11
              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
              Met BI:1/12
              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
              Qual:cleared 3/12
              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

Well that sucks. Hopefully i am cleared before im done with fletc. And thanks!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    @mnewsom21

I know they did this before... and you are correct in what you are saying but I am almost sure that they did away with that. No one in my class had an incomplete background or interim clearance. Too many people were found to be unsuitable while they were in the academy and there are too many people that are completely done that are just waiting. Again, I may be wrong, but I would venture to say they stopped doing interim clearances. Eventually you may even see 100% polys... highly unlikely but maybe? Out of 44 in my class... 3 of us had polys. Yet, everyone had a full and completel background done.

BTW, congratulations on your selection for Nashville PD. I use to work patrol... it's a different world then being a CBPO. I would even say they are polar opposites! I am sure you will do fine... but let me give you a peice of quick advice. LISTEN TO YOUR FTO's! They are trainers for a reason and they'll be your key to passing your field training. You have almost 2 months to prep for the academy. Start PTing the like a mad man!
                    Thanks for the advice..I am running my butt off and now studying the codes. With the clearance thing yeah that is what i was referring too. They may have done away with the provisional clearances by now..just wasnt sure...they are also trying to give everyone a poly now. Not sure if it will work out for the organization in the long run since the DQ applicants forever with CBPO if they fail it.

Comment

yeah the BI stuff sucks. I had a completed BI already along with a passed poly so you think it would have cleared, but no. Now i am 2 days over on the 1 yr mark so i am not hopeful whatsoever. At least I got the PD job now so that takes the sting out of it. I will keep the CBPO active incase the PD isnt what i expected. I am pretty sure i will be happy though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                        I met my investigator 11 months ago.... so I am getting close...lol
                        If you're getting close then so am I, I met my investigator 16 months ago haha. The thing is I'm sure that I'm not anywhere near being close to finished. Still waiting on an appointment for a poly. I'll be sending my great grand kids to college before my BI clears.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Got scheduled for the poly! I have it on the 21st of this month! Weird thing is, they left a message with one of my good friends, with a message on her cell phone that was for me to return the call. Maybe there was a confusion with the numbers.

So where does the poly fit in the process? If you get poly'd, does that mean your b. investigation is well underway? or almost done? or....?? I guess what I am asking is if anyone can estimate how much longer I have to keep twidlling my thumbs :S
                          BPA
                          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                          TSU: 01/03/13
                          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                          Written Test: 04/19/12
                          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                          Background Investigation: Completed
                          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                            Got scheduled for the poly! I have it on the 21st of this month! Weird thing is, they left a message with one of my good friends, with a message on her cell phone that was for me to return the call. Maybe there was a confusion with the numbers.

So where does the poly fit in the process? If you get poly'd, does that mean your b. investigation is well underway? or almost done? or....?? I guess what I am asking is if anyone can estimate how much longer I have to keep twidlling my thumbs :S
                            I got the call about 5 weeks after my poly, before I even knew I was in TSU. But I am a woman, a vet, and scored 105 on the test. I don't know which one of those helped me to get the call quicker, probably being a woman. There may have been less women on the waiting list. Good news that you have your poly scheduled though. That's huge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak Butter Tea View Post
                              I got the call about 5 weeks after my poly, before I even knew I was in TSU. But I am a woman, a vet, and scored 105 on the test. I don't know which one of those helped me to get the call quicker, probably being a woman. There may have been less women on the waiting list. Good news that you have your poly scheduled though. That's huge!
                              how did you feel your poly went initially?

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                                Got scheduled for the poly! I have it on the 21st of this month! Weird thing is, they left a message with one of my good friends, with a message on her cell phone that was for me to return the call. Maybe there was a confusion with the numbers.

I got investigated in July 2011. I've been waiting around since. Despite my preference being the Texas border, my announcement was different than yours, so you'll probably get a call before I do.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8094 users online. 273 members and 7821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X