300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
    so is it possible to get an EOD with only the poly done and not the bi? I think I read sometime ago on here that that's possible, but not sure...
    That would be great!!! If that's the case, I might get the call anytime.?
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
      Where did you take the Polygraph? and if you don't mind show your timeline please.

Took the test at the Orlando Border Patrol Station.

Test: 07/12
      NOR: 95 (5 vet points)
      Geo:SWB
      TSL1/2:09/03/12
      Med: 10/16/12
      PFT1:10/16/12
      VBT/SI: 10/31/12
      Poly: 11/06/12
      BI: In sec. Office

The more I think about the test, the more confused I get. The SA told me the charts were kind of close but that she supported what I said, and that I may get asked for a retest. Then her partner told me to keep clean and I would do fine in the job. Should I take that as a pass for fail, or who the crap knows? Gonna wait and see what QC says anyways, but damn did she make me doubt myself, as if I magically did something I didnt know about.

Edit: Emailed the SA about my confusion on the results, to which she said she found me suitable for CBP, but it was up to QC to make the final call. Woot.
      Last edited by payniel; 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM. Reason: location added
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

FBI
      Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by Mankey View Post
        I finished my VBT/SI last week but today I received a letter for MHC requesting a surgeon's release for knee injury and my surgeon is completed book until end of the month for appointment.... this is going to slow me down.
        I got a note for more info from MHC before my VBT/SI. Luckily, I had it on hand and my Dr. Faxed it over. I had a green check in CASS a week later.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
          I got a note for more info from MHC before my VBT/SI. Luckily, I had it on hand and my Dr. Faxed it over. I had a green check in CASS a week later.
          I had to do some work for the MHC also before they give me the final green light. That is basically all Im waiting for is MHC to let me know. Other than that I have done all the steps which is amazing in my opinion because I tested at the end of July 2012.

Comment

• only if you have a provisional clearance.
            Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
            so is it possible to get an EOD with only the poly done and not the bi? I think I read sometime ago on here that that's possible, but not sure...

Comment

• in the same branch as CBP.
              Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
              unbelievable... kudos, but just wow. you're the only person to get fast track/ slip stream / bolted through the system.

may i ask what part fed gov't you work under?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
                Its possible to get an interim clearance and go to academy while they investigate you. If your investigation is not completed when you graduate, you will not be issued a weapon or do CBP duties. It will be like pre-academy. Worse case they find something in your Background that DQs you and you lose your job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mankey View Post
                  I finished my VBT/SI last week but today I received a letter for MHC requesting a surgeon's release for knee injury and my surgeon is completed book until end of the month for appointment.... this is going to slow me down.
                  it will not slow you down in the big picture at all. Ask for an extension. You can still do the other steps when they schedule them. Medical has nothing to do with any other steps. The BI will take a while anyways so like I said in the grand scheme of things you will still be right on track as if tou didnt need the medical paperwork.

Comment

• @mnewsom21

I know they did this before... and you are correct in what you are saying but I am almost sure that they did away with that. No one in my class had an incomplete background or interim clearance. Too many people were found to be unsuitable while they were in the academy and there are too many people that are completely done that are just waiting. Again, I may be wrong, but I would venture to say they stopped doing interim clearances. Eventually you may even see 100% polys... highly unlikely but maybe? Out of 44 in my class... 3 of us had polys. Yet, everyone had a full and completel background done.

BTW, congratulations on your selection for Nashville PD. I use to work patrol... it's a different world then being a CBPO. I would even say they are polar opposites! I am sure you will do fine... but let me give you a peice of quick advice. LISTEN TO YOUR FTO's! They are trainers for a reason and they'll be your key to passing your field training. You have almost 2 months to prep for the academy. Start PTing the like a mad man!

Comment

• Well i checked my CASS today and my background in back to pending, "case is in the security office". confused last month it was pending "case in security office" then it went to complete which got me excited meaning my poly cleared. then after a week of all green checks it went back pending "waiting for documents to start your background investigation". now back to"case is in security office". this is torturing me!! Im praying for Jan class. also i completed my background Aug 2011. anyone else ever seen this it is so confusing. i am also just past my 2 year mark for geo SWB which seems to be a long time.
                      BPA
                      GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                      WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                      TSL:12/10-Check
                      ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                      MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                      BI:8/11-Check
                      DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                      POLY:9/5/12-Check
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• It's been four or five weeks since I took the polygraph and still haven't heard if I pass or fail \o/

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
                          It's been four or five weeks since I took the polygraph and still haven't heard if I pass or fail \o/
                          same here, the waiting is killing me...I've completed everything else, except my bi which I have yet to be contacted for
                          GEO: SWB
                          Written: 07/11
                          NOR: 08/11
                          TSL: 10/11
                          Med/PFT1: 12/11
                          VBT/SI: 01/12
                          Drug Test: 05/12
                          BI: met with investigator
                          Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                          PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                          EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

• i took my poly about about 2 months ago and have not heard a thing except the BI part of my CASS jumping around. from pending to completed.
                            BPA
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
                              It's been four or five weeks since I took the polygraph and still haven't heard if I pass or fail \o/
                              have you done your BI? what your time line looking like?
                              BPA
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                                @mnewsom21

I know they did this before... and you are correct in what you are saying but I am almost sure that they did away with that. No one in my class had an incomplete background or interim clearance. Too many people were found to be unsuitable while they were in the academy and there are too many people that are completely done that are just waiting. Again, I may be wrong, but I would venture to say they stopped doing interim clearances. Eventually you may even see 100% polys... highly unlikely but maybe? Out of 44 in my class... 3 of us had polys. Yet, everyone had a full and completel background done.

BTW, congratulations on your selection for Nashville PD. I use to work patrol... it's a different world then being a CBPO. I would even say they are polar opposites! I am sure you will do fine... but let me give you a peice of quick advice. LISTEN TO YOUR FTO's! They are trainers for a reason and they'll be your key to passing your field training. You have almost 2 months to prep for the academy. Start PTing the like a mad man!
                                I EOD san ysidro december third. My background started january of this year and i met with my BI about a month and a half ago. I was given a provisional clear...so they are still giving them out. If i lost my job i am pretty sure I'd cry lol. Giving up a decent job for this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6725 users online. 378 members and 6347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X