300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
    Did not change my answers when pressed. I passed the suitability and trustworthiness first. When asked about the foreign/terrorist related questions originally he said the test was inconclusive due to movement. Those pressure pads were moved from my feet to under my arms for the retest. Movement was fine during the retest, but he said I had failed that portion.

He said he needed something to explain the results, but what could I say? Ive literally had no involvement or contact with anyone, nor in regards to providing classified material. Ive never been in the service either, so there's no conflicting information there.

I'm beyond frustrated that this is the thing that permanently ends me.
    I say let us wait it out for the official results.

Comment

• Is it just me or some weird junk is going on here with the polygraph? I've been through Interrogation resistance training during USAF SERE school and I have to say the exam felt awfully like a flashback to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
        Is it just me or some weird junk is going on here with the polygraph? I've been through Interrogation resistance training during USAF SERE school and I have to say the exam felt awfully like a flashback to that.
        It was such a terrible experience for me. I still can't believe it is over with, since I had to go through it twice. The second time, I just let them know every single thing that was bothering me, even things I did when I was 8 years old. I finally passed. Good luck to all of you still waiting for results.

Comment

• Yeah when i had mine i felt like i was being interrogated as opposed to going through a poly. I passed but the examiner seemed to be doing the whole "good cop, bad cop" routine with me. Except he was both lol. It was really strange. By the end of it i was completely exhausted and pretty irritated even though i was being completely honest. Felt like i was being accused the whole time. I passed and recieved my eod and everything. Ill tell you what though i really hope i never have to do another one again.

Comment

• In case anyone is interested, I was offered Calexico, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Lukeville, AZ, Presidio, TX, Rio Grande, San Luis, AZ, and Tecate, CA. I chose Tecate. Hope more of you will get the call soon and join me in the January 15 FLETC class.

Comment

• Really great to hear all of the people who have been waiting are finally getting their chance!! I just got the call for the pre-pft today and will be testing on the 12th. Anyone have any experience with the step test that could give me some pointers on how to prepare? I am in week 3.5 of P90x, but I do not know about stepping for 5 minutes straight.

Comment

• I just spoke to a lady from the hiring center. I'm in the long line waiting to be scheduled for a poly. According to her 100% of applicants are not taking a poly yet (although most are) and I should just wait for IA to finish my background. I also asked how likely it would be for me to be in one of the Jan classes. She claims they are having multiple classes in Jan and if my background clears by mid Nov (background is the only check I am waiting for) I stand a good chance. My question to you guys is your background can only clear once your poly comes back good right?

Comment

• majere, did you watch the video on the website about the test? Run a mock pre employment test at home and see how you do. I got mine yesterday and should be ok, but we will see. I ran my mock yesterday and I think I will be ok. At least you have 12 days.

Comment

• I did not know there was a video, but I am going to find it! I keep seeing things about a CD in the packet I received, but I had no CD.

Comment

• There is a video on the website, just google it, you will be able to find it. The CD will be at your testing place, that's my understanding of it at least from the video.

Comment

• Found it, and am watching. Thanks!!

Comment

• Anyone have the link(s) to where I can get the narrated step test so I can practice?

Comment

• Man, it's true, you have to explain everything to the Marines, Just kidding I was Navy, we paid your paycheck, so I can crack a joke or two.

What kind of link are you looking for? The step test seems pretty simple to me, up up, down down. Repeat as necessary
                            Last edited by ForzaMilan; 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
                              Hey Albert. I took my polygraph about the same time you did and had a similar experience. I was told repeatedly that I was lying about something and that I'd failed. For the record, I was NOT lying. But the examiner said the results would be sent to QA and I'd likely have to reschedule another test. Sounds a bit strange to say, but I believe that I passed. I thought so even as she was telling me I failed. I got the feeling that she was trying to psych me into confessing more information that I was supposedly holding back. Perhaps if I HAD been holding back, I'd have believed her. But I wasn't holding back. My friends look at me funny when I tell them I think I passed even though I was told otherwise. Can't wait to get the actual results and confirm my suspicions. My take away lesson at this point is simply... tell the truth but don't assume that your polygrapher is doing the same.

I had the same thing happen to me. My examiner told me that my results were some inconsistencies and that someone else will be reviewing my results. Asked me if I was willing to retake the exam if asked etc...But by the sound of it seems that I failed.
                              GEO: Illinois
                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                              PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                              FT1: 2/20/2012
                              Equip: 3/29/2012
                              VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                              BI:11/22/2012
                              Medical: 3/14/2012
                              Poly: 10/18/2012
                              Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                              PFT2:

Comment

• Well guys I just received a green check stating I passed the VBT/Structure interview. Now I am waiting to meet with the Investigator and start the background investigation. FYI, I change my location on the 8/14/12 and since then, I have completed all requiered forms, passed the PFT 1 and VBT/SI. The medical still say pending but I am sure I passed. It seems that in less than three month things are moving fast. The problem, is that I know my BI will last a long time, due to foreign contacts and have lived overseas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11454 users online. 408 members and 11046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X