Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a monumental day for me, TODAY denotes a green check mark on my PFT1 in CASS: "COMPLETE" & "SUCCESS."

Words like these are inspiring, and certainly calls for a small self administered celebratory pat on the back. The smallest of any announcement is invigorating and euphoric. It reminds me that I am still a part of this voyage.

The anchor is up, the sail is high, and the gust of "wind" for me has finally commenced.

The Ship now has set sail and will embark the unknown waters.

Let there be no pirates, hurricanes, and storms along this endeavor. Although the journey will be met with wait, turbulence, impatience, silence, darkness, and terrors of the unknown, I will not quit, nor surrender to the horrors of what lies ahead.

Ladies and Gents, the journey has begun!

Everyone that is on their ship, good luck on your voyage to getting to FLETC. It shall come, and tomorrow's mistakes have not been made yet. So avoid them.

"May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars." -Author: (Hidden Content)

Have a safe, and fruitful voyage everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
      Been lurking on this board for quite some time now. Just wondering how everyone else is doing with their progress. It has been a strenuous 2 years. Anyone get "The Call" for JFK and/or will be attending Academy around the same time. I'm pressed to get my behind in shape, totally slacked off because I didn't think I was actually going to get the call. Running non-stop until I pass this PFT2 and head to Academy.

CBPO
      Exam: Pass 99 12/10 No Vet Pref.
      Geo: North East
      Qual: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      Pft1: Passed
      BI: Passed
      VBT/SI: Passed
      Drug Test: Passed
      Poly: 8/12 Passed
      PFT2: ?
      The Call: 10/31/12
      EOD: Dec 3 (JFK)
      ACADEMY: Jan 10 - May 16
      Is good to see that people are getting called. Is nice to see 2010's going to the academy. Hopefully I will be called soon. At least for my poly..... as Rms16 haha....
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:12/10
      TSl: 5/11
      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
      Met BI:1/12
      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
      Qual:cleared 3/12
      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Had the VBT this morning, which was an interesting experience to say the least, and then the Structured interview as well. All in all the process only took around 3 hours, and there were only three of us doing the VBT this morning. Next step, ploy this tuesday, hopefully I can get the time to vote early since it could take all day.

Just a question, how many of you dressed casually to your VBT/SI? I ask as one of the other testers this morning was looking rather under dressed(beat up tennis shoes, and a barely tucked in shirt) and just wandering. Good luck all.
        CBPO:
        Test- 05/12
        NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
        TSL1/2-08/12
        PFT1/Med-09/12
        VBT/SI-10/12
        Poly-11/12
        BI-12/12
        TSU-01/24/13
        1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
        Applied- 06/12
        PFT-07/12
        CJBAT- 12/12
        Panel Interview- 01/13
        BI- in process

FBI
        Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
          Had the VBT this morning, which was an interesting experience to say the least, and then the Structured interview as well. All in all the process only took around 3 hours, and there were only three of us doing the VBT this morning. Next step, ploy this tuesday, hopefully I can get the time to vote early since it could take all day.

Just a question, how many of you dressed casually to your VBT/SI? I ask as one of the other testers this morning was looking rather under dressed(beat up tennis shoes, and a barely tucked in shirt) and just wandering. Good luck all.
          Wow, you sure are having your poly soon after your VBT/SI. Sounds like you are moving along quickly. Good luck! Just make sure you tell the examiner anything that is on your mind at the time, even if you think it is the smallest thing that should not matter. If you do that, you should be fine.

Comment

• Glad to see people are still processing and the calls are going out for January. Keep the faith people. For some of us, like Yoda, it took 4 years of patience, processing, and re-processing. For those of you that are putting your PT off... don't be that person that shows up to your PFT2 and fails because you didn't change your LIFESYTLE. Once you receive a badge and a gun... you give up the right to be fat and out of shape. Start now. It's only going to help you now... and make the academy that much easier for you. If you are reading this now and you just rifled through your child's halloween candy... get up and do some burpees!!!! PT is the one thing that you CAN and BETTER BE fixing now. NO execuses... get off the couch. I wish you all the best of luck. Please keep posting your processing.
            Last edited by seeOH; 10-31-2012, 10:20 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
              Been lurking on this board for quite some time now. Just wondering how everyone else is doing with their progress. It has been a strenuous 2 years. Anyone get "The Call" for JFK and/or will be attending Academy around the same time. I'm pressed to get my behind in shape, totally slacked off because I didn't think I was actually going to get the call. Running non-stop until I pass this PFT2 and head to Academy.

CBPO
              Exam: Pass 99 12/10 No Vet Pref.
              Geo: North East
              Pft1: Passed
              BI: Passed
              Poly: 8/12 Passed
              The Call: 10/31/12
              EOD: Dec 3 (JFK)
              ACADEMY: Jan 10 - May 16

Congrats junior, nice to see a 12/10 tester get the call. There are fewer of us everyday. I fear I'm on the four year fast track lol.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Not that I'm expecting the call for a poly any time soon, I mean I was only told 2 months ago I would be contacted shortly to schedule a poly, but does anybody know if they send out an email if they can't reach you by phone. I live in New York and cell service is non-existent and I don't have a land line. I'm lucky if I can send or receive a text, but I can check my email.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
                  JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  If anyone can point me in the right direction and help me narrow my options down to a top 3 I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you everyone for all the info and I hope to give you guys and girls updates while in Academy.
                  Congrats Baha! Question for you... does your background now show cleared or something else in CASS?
                  CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
                  Application: 3/26/12
                  Exam: 4/27/12
                  NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
                  TSL1: 6/12/12
                  TSL2: 6/13/12
                  Fingerprints: 6/19/12
                  Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
                  PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
                  VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
                  Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
                  Drug test: ?
                  Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
                  Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                    Well, I just got out of a little under 5 hour polygraph session. I had read a lot of horror stories about people failing the polygraph, but I just thought they were hiding something or skewing the story in their favor.

I was just told I failed the polygraph. Not suitability or trustworthiness, but foreign nationals.

I'm stunned. Let me preface this by saying I'm from a small town in Georgia that doesn't even have a red light, much less terrorist organizations or operatives. The only foreign travel I have is from cruises.

The guy administering the test said I failed the foreign national questions much to my surprise. There was no explaining it away. I've had absolutely 0 contact with anyone and I have absolutely 0 sympathy for terrorist organizations.

And just like that, my opportunity is shot, for good. At this point I'm convinced the polygraph is a crap shoot. Im pretty devastated.

Just take this story as a warning, regardless if you're 100% honest you can still "fail."
                    Hey Albert. I took my polygraph about the same time you did and had a similar experience. I was told repeatedly that I was lying about something and that I'd failed. For the record, I was NOT lying. But the examiner said the results would be sent to QA and I'd likely have to reschedule another test. Sounds a bit strange to say, but I believe that I passed. I thought so even as she was telling me I failed. I got the feeling that she was trying to psych me into confessing more information that I was supposedly holding back. Perhaps if I HAD been holding back, I'd have believed her. But I wasn't holding back. My friends look at me funny when I tell them I think I passed even though I was told otherwise. Can't wait to get the actual results and confirm my suspicions. My take away lesson at this point is simply... tell the truth but don't assume that your polygrapher is doing the same.
                    CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
                    Application: 3/26/12
                    Exam: 4/27/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
                    TSL1: 6/12/12
                    Fingerprints: 6/19/12
                    Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
                    PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
                    VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
                    Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
                    Drug test: ?
                    Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
                    Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• double post.
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                      Geo: SWB
                      Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                      BI: Pending
                      Poly: 9/10/12
                      The Call: 10/29/12
                      EOD: Dec 3
                      Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
                        Congrats Baha! Question for you... does your background now show cleared or something else in CASS?
                        Customs and Border Protection Officer - Application ID 0000000 FAQ's for this position
                        Scheduled Report 12/3/2012 You have a scheduled reporting date.

prior to this, it said I have been referred to the scheduling unit
                        CBPO
                        Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                        Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                        BI: Pending
                        Poly: 9/10/12
                        The Call: 10/29/12
                        EOD: Dec 3
                        Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
                          Hey Albert. I took my polygraph about the same time you did and had a similar experience. I was told repeatedly that I was lying about something and that I'd failed. For the record, I was NOT lying. But the examiner said the results would be sent to QA and I'd likely have to reschedule another test. Sounds a bit strange to say, but I believe that I passed. I thought so even as she was telling me I failed. I got the feeling that she was trying to psych me into confessing more information that I was supposedly holding back. Perhaps if I HAD been holding back, I'd have believed her. But I wasn't holding back. My friends look at me funny when I tell them I think I passed even though I was told otherwise. Can't wait to get the actual results and confirm my suspicions. My take away lesson at this point is simply... tell the truth but don't assume that your polygrapher is doing the same.
                          Its frustrating no? Im not as optimistic as you. If the examiner had told me the results were inconclusive, then I may feel I stood a chance. But I was told, flat out, that I failed due to the foreign national / terrorist related questions. The examiner even said he was disappointed. I have racked my brain and there is absolutely nothing.

Knowing I told the truth doesn't mean anything to me when it comes to tangible results. It doesn't change the fact that some absurd questions, which couldn't be more patently false, disqualifies me not only from this job but all federal jobs.

Its like having a machine tell you you've committed a homicide or battery and that you no longer stand a chance in any regard. Even though it's 100% untrue.
                          Test: 6/23/12
                          NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                          TSL1: 7/13/12
                          TSL2: 7/17/12
                          E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                          Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                          VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                          Drug Test:
                          B.I.:
                          Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                          Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• I got the CALL!!! Tecate, CA, EOD December 17th. FLETC January 15-May 21st. I am so relieved! Gonna have a far drive to work everyday if I want to live near civilization, but it will be worth it to have the cleaner air working on the border of a national forest!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                              Well, I just got out of a little under 5 hour polygraph session. I had read a lot of horror stories about people failing the polygraph, but I just thought they were hiding something or skewing the story in their favor.

I was just told I failed the polygraph. Not suitability or trustworthiness, but foreign nationals.

I'm stunned. Let me preface this by saying I'm from a small town in Georgia that doesn't even have a red light, much less terrorist organizations or operatives. The only foreign travel I have is from cruises.

The guy administering the test said I failed the foreign national questions much to my surprise. There was no explaining it away. I've had absolutely 0 contact with anyone and I have absolutely 0 sympathy for terrorist organizations.

And just like that, my opportunity is shot, for good. At this point I'm convinced the polygraph is a crap shoot. Im pretty devastated.

Just take this story as a warning, regardless if you're 100% honest you can still "fail."
                              Hey Albert-

Be thankful you only had to take 1 polygraph of them them telling you that they though you were a terrorist! I had to take 3 (25 hours worth)!! Every single poly asked basically the same terrorist/unauthorized foregin contact questions, and I answered them the same way each time.... and they kept inviting me back. Like you said, it is a crap shoot. I was told my results would be sent to QC for review... but I have not heard anything back. I just wish they would let me know either way, so I can close this chapter in my life.

Comment

• Can anyone please give me the number to IA so I can inquire about my polygraph results? Thanks!!!!
                                CBPO SWB
                                Application: 3/28/12
                                Exam: 4/26/12
                                NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                                TSL: 6/12/12
                                Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                                Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                                PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                                Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                                PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                                Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                                VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                                Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                                Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                                Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11392 users online. 398 members and 10994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X