300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have posted. It seems like people are moving along fairly well in the process and being placed in classes for Jan. 2013. I have not had a whole lot of movement in the past 2 months. However, I just recently had me Quals and Pre-Employment Forms clear on CASS. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and to those on the East Coast, stay safe and dry!
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Well, I just got out of a little under 5 hour polygraph session. I had read a lot of horror stories about people failing the polygraph, but I just thought they were hiding something or skewing the story in their favor.

I was just told I failed the polygraph. Not suitability or trustworthiness, but foreign nationals.

I'm stunned. Let me preface this by saying I'm from a small town in Georgia that doesn't even have a red light, much less terrorist organizations or operatives. The only foreign travel I have is from cruises.

The guy administering the test said I failed the foreign national questions much to my surprise. There was no explaining it away. I've had absolutely 0 contact with anyone and I have absolutely 0 sympathy for terrorist organizations.

And just like that, my opportunity is shot, for good. At this point I'm convinced the polygraph is a crap shoot. Im pretty devastated.

Just take this story as a warning, regardless if you're 100% honest you can still "fail."
      Geo: SWB
      Test: 6/23/12
      NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
      TSL1: 7/13/12
      TSL2: 7/17/12
      E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
      Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
      VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
      Drug Test:
      B.I.:
      Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
      Polygraph: 10/30/2012
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
        Well, I just got out of a little under 5 hour polygraph session. I had read a lot of horror stories about people failing the polygraph, but I just thought they were hiding something or skewing the story in their favor.

I was just told I failed the polygraph. Not suitability or trustworthiness, but foreign nationals.

I'm stunned. Let me preface this by saying I'm from a small town in Georgia that doesn't even have a red light, much less terrorist organizations or operatives. The only foreign travel I have is from cruises.

The guy administering the test said I failed the foreign national questions much to my surprise. There was no explaining it away. I've had absolutely 0 contact with anyone and I have absolutely 0 sympathy for terrorist organizations.

And just like that, my opportunity is shot, for good. At this point I'm convinced the polygraph is a crap shoot. Im pretty devastated.

Just take this story as a warning, regardless if you're 100% honest you can still "fail."
        Based on your description, that's really a weird thing. Hope they send your record to QA and they find it mistaken and you have another chance.

Comment

Well, I just got out of a little under 5 hour polygraph session. I had read a lot of horror stories about people failing the polygraph, but I just thought they were hiding something or skewing the story in their favor.

Did you change your answers about anything when pressed for the "truth" because it "shows" that you're being deceptive?

Comment

Did you change your answers when the examiner pressed you for the "truth" because he said you're being "deceptive?"

Comment

That is really weird, the first time I took my polygraph it took about 6 hours, the examiner kept telling me I was failing te crime portion and kept trying to coerce something out of me for what seemed like forever, I kept telling him I had nothing to hide and told him he can keep trying but I have nothing. Needless to say he said fine lets more on with te polygraph. After it finished he did say I passed but may have to retake. I ended up having to retake and passed again, are u sure that he said you failed the whole thing? Perhaps he's trying to scare you into admitting something and have to retake. I would wait for that letter that said you failed before thinking anything else ill cross my fingers for you that you will get a second chance take care

Twinkle
              CBPO SWB
              Application: 3/28/12
              Exam: 4/26/12
              NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
              TSL: 6/12/12
              TSL2: 6/13/12
              Eqip: clear 6/28/12
              Fingerprint: 6/22/12
              PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
              Quals: GS7 8/28/12
              PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
              Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
              VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
              Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
              Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
              Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Did not change my answers when pressed. I passed the suitability and trustworthiness first. When asked about the foreign/terrorist related questions originally he said the test was inconclusive due to movement. Those pressure pads were moved from my feet to under my arms for the retest. Movement was fine during the retest, but he said I had failed that portion.

He said he needed something to explain the results, but what could I say? Ive literally had no involvement or contact with anyone, nor in regards to providing classified material. Ive never been in the service either, so there's no conflicting information there.

I'm beyond frustrated that this is the thing that permanently ends me.
                Test: 6/23/12
                NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                TSL1: 7/13/12
                TSL2: 7/17/12
                E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                Drug Test:
                B.I.:
                Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

Did not change my answers when pressed. I passed the suitability and trustworthiness first. When asked about the foreign/terrorist related questions originally he said the test was inconclusive due to movement. Those pressure pads were moved from my feet to under my arms for the retest. Movement was fine during the retest, but he said I had failed that portion.

He said he needed something to explain the results, but what could I say? Ive literally had no involvement or contact with anyone, nor in regards to providing classified material. Ive never been in the service either, so there's no conflicting information there.

It's not over yet just wait for the official out come meantime just pray and have faith, also was the questions off the eqip

Comment

Did not change my answers when pressed. I passed the suitability and trustworthiness first. When asked about the foreign/terrorist related questions originally he said the test was inconclusive due to movement. Those pressure pads were moved from my feet to under my arms for the retest. Movement was fine during the retest, but he said I had failed that portion.

Where did you have to take your poly? I have heard stories where the polygrapher said a person failed, then when it went to QC that was over turned. Just keep your head up. Also did the examiner tell you that you may be called for a retest?
                    CBPO
                    Geo Pref:Georgia
                    NOR:3/07
                    T.O:10/08
                    1st TSU:6/09
                    2nd Fitness test:11/09
                    Credit pulled:4/10
                    2nd TSU:5/10
                    2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                    2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                    2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                    All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

Can't be over yet until its definitive from some letter or email! I wouldn't toss my hopes just yet. Could you appeal it? If you are telling the TRUTH, then you were wrongfully DQ (injustice). With these poly things its one of those complicated issues, and if candidates are legitimately telling the truth then its like a roll of the dice whether one passes or fails.

Comment

• Anyone else EOD to San Ysidro on Dec 3rd?
                        Also, if anyone here is in the Jan Academy please PM me.
                        Thanks!
                        CBPO
                        Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                        Qual: Passed
                        Medical: Passed
                        Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                        BI: Pending
                        VBT/SI: Passed
                        Drug Test: Passed
                        Poly: 9/10/12
                        PFT2: ?
                        The Call: 10/29/12
                        EOD: Dec 3
                        Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

Foreign Nationals are all those born outside the US that are not USC's... Visitors and Immigrants legal or not. Has nothing to do with terrorism or terrorist organizations.

On the Poly... There is a reason they are not accepted in a court of law, but it is used as a tool for hiring by agencies. For better or worst it is used and if you fail when knowing you were telling the truth... then there might be a different plan in your future. Things happen for a reason, just keep shooting for your goals. CBP is not the only agency out there.

Best of Luck!
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Apparently I passed, my CASS medical and physical have been updated to complete. I am scheduled for my pre employment drug screening this week. Praise Jesus, Mary & Joseph. Thanks though. I'm actually quite surprised. But good luck to everyone. This is going quicker than I expected. Does anyone know if there's another class after January 2013, I honestly wont be able to be part of that. I have 6 credits left in my master's program which I plan on completing in the spring

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefulbean View Post
                              Apparently I passed, my CASS medical and physical have been updated to complete. I am scheduled for my pre employment drug screening this week. Praise Jesus, Mary & Joseph. Thanks though. I'm actually quite surprised. But good luck to everyone. This is going quicker than I expected. Does anyone know if there's another class after January 2013, I honestly wont be able to be part of that. I have 6 credits left in my master's program which I plan on completing in the spring
                              Have you met with your investigator and taken your poly yet? If not you prob wont have to worry about being called for the Jan class.

Comment

• Got The Call!

Been lurking on this board for quite some time now. Just wondering how everyone else is doing with their progress. It has been a strenuous 2 years. Anyone get "The Call" for JFK and/or will be attending Academy around the same time. I'm pressed to get my behind in shape, totally slacked off because I didn't think I was actually going to get the call. Running non-stop until I pass this PFT2 and head to Academy.

CBPO
                                Exam: Pass 99 12/10 No Vet Pref.
                                Geo: North East
                                Qual: Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                Pft1: Passed
                                BI: Passed
                                VBT/SI: Passed
                                Drug Test: Passed
                                Poly: 8/12 Passed
                                PFT2: ?
                                The Call: 10/31/12
                                EOD: Dec 3 (JFK)
                                ACADEMY: Jan 10 - May 16
                                EOD - 08/2014
                                FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                                DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10769 users online. 382 members and 10387 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X