300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by majere39 View Post
    Thanks guys!! I was in the Marines Rms16, got out for a awhile and did not like the job I had. It is tough going from a brotherhood to everyone out to help themselves!! Anyway, I am not getting some of initials for words like TSL? And Yoda, there is not anything in your sig. How long did it take?
    Look at his test date and his EOD date

Comment

• Originally posted by majere39 View Post
      Thanks guys!! I was in the Marines Rms16, got out for a awhile and did not like the job I had. It is tough going from a brotherhood to everyone out to help themselves!! Anyway, I am not getting some of initials for words like TSL? And Yoda, there is not anything in your sig. How long did it take?
      TSL=Tentative Selection Letter
      EOD=Entrance On Duty (1st day on the job)
      VBT=video Based Test
      SI=Structured Interview

I tested and received my TSL on the same day in 2007, and EOD'd in 2011... That is the timeline on my Sig.

CTM
      Veterans Preference is applied towards your TSL (5-10 points added to your test score) which determines who starts the process and gets hired according to that date. TSL is sometimes referred to as the Certificate Date as well.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Oh, now I see it! Well, four years is a long time...Do you like the job? Where are you at? Any pointers you throw an old Devil Dog's way, whether it be through FLETC or anything else job related?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          TSL=Tentative Selection Letter
          EOD=Entrance On Duty (1st day on the job)
          VBT=video Based Test
          SI=Structured Interview

I tested and received my TSL on the same day in 2007, and EOD'd in 2011... That is the timeline on my Sig.

CTM
          Veterans Preference is applied towards your TSL (5-10 points added to your test score) which determines who starts the process and gets hired according to that date. TSL is sometimes referred to as the Certificate Date as well.

Wow! The process took you 4 whole years! That is insane, and a scary thought for prospective CBPO applicants who are in the run. That is way too long, I know of people who only took a year and some even under a year.

Comment

• i just reached my 2 year mark a week or so ago.
            BPA
            GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
            WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
            TSL:12/10-Check
            ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
            MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
            BI:8/11-Check
            DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
            POLY:9/5/12-Check
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
              i just reached my 2 year mark a week or so ago.
              Perhaps SCORE and GEO preferences of applicants may play a role/factor into who goes first (priority) over those who scored lower?

Or it may be different time different needs of the Agency. Anything can change. Best of luck to ALL.

Comment

• Originally posted by DEFENSELEO View Post
                Perhaps SCORE and GEO preferences of applicants may play a role/factor into who goes first (priority) over those who scored lower?

Or it may be different time different needs of the Agency. Anything can change. Best of luck to ALL.
                Like Yoda said once you get your TSL score doesn't matter. Geo matters to an extent, I'm SWB and dec will be two years for me. My BI is slowing me down and now I'm waiting on the call for the poly. It's a crap shoot. If you have an easy BI and a high needs area like SWB then you will prob get through in a year, maybe less. Don't count on that though, there are any number of things that can slow you down, military service, family living outside the US, basically anything that could complicate your BI and I think the line for the poly is extremely long.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by DEFENSELEO View Post
                  Wow! The process took you 4 whole years! That is insane, and a scary thought for prospective CBPO applicants who are in the run. That is way too long, I know of people who only took a year and some even under a year.
                  Yoda's packet was miss placed so that was the reason why his took so much time. i was hired 4 years ago and my process took about 8 months, but that was becuase of the hiring push. now that its over the normal time frame for hiring for NON southern border is YEARS.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
                    Yoda's packet was miss placed so that was the reason why his took so much time. i was hired 4 years ago and my process took about 8 months, but that was becuase of the hiring push. now that its over the normal time frame for hiring for NON southern border is YEARS.
                    What slowed me down was my BI... 1st one took a bit over 2 years and never cleared, then came the 2nd one about 8 months after I took the poly, that one cleared relatively quick after a few phone calls...

For the East Coast anyone can expect to wait 1-2 years to be picked up.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

What slowed me down was my BI... 1st one took a bit over 2 years and never cleared, then came the 2nd one about 8 months after I took the poly, that one cleared relatively quick after a few phone calls...

Or you can be as lucky as me and wait almost two years now for SWB haha. Not sure where lightning got his info from, I remember when you got the call I had found this board maybe a month or so earlier, I was amazed at how long you waited and hoped that wasn't going to be me...
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Yes there is a question about anabolic steroids on the poly, you should just generally stay away from that stuff it's bad for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
                          Very similar story. When did you took your polygraph bro? It's been two weeks for me and I just don't know what to think. I haven't receive any results.
                          I just took my poly last week, so i still have some time to go before the official decision. If you don't mind me asking, did you have any admissions during the poly(since that usually is a deal breaker)? I spoke to a couple of good friends who work in the field and they said that a lot of people who get through the poly usually some out of it being told the results don't look good. Another agent I know told me it's crucial to get in touch with your investigator and ask adimately for a retest reasserting that you were telling the truth and something you were thinking about created a distraction. If they deny a retest you can offer to pay for a private poly and give them the results to prove they wont be wasting their time retesting you. Just some options my LEO friends gave me. Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Or you can be as lucky as me and wait almost two years now for SWB haha. Not sure where lightning got his info from, I remember when you got the call I had found this board maybe a month or so earlier, I was amazed at how long you waited and hoped that wasn't going to be me...
                            Two years of wait, with the possibility of a stagnant process going over two years is discouraging and daunting. Tumultuous endeavor indeed. Some say joy is in the journey, but I don't know about this "journey" of wait. Telling ourselves: "are we there yet, are we there yet" every other week.
                            Last edited by DEFENSELEO; 10-28-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

...or longer!! +4 years and counting.

Comment

• JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                If anyone can point me in the right direction and help me narrow my options down to a top 3 I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you everyone for all the info and I hope to give you guys and girls updates while in Academy.

duty locations I can choose from:
                                Calexico cali
                                del rio texas
                                eagle pass texas
                                lukeville Arizona
                                pharr texas
                                presidio texas
                                rio grande city texas
                                san luis Arizona
                                san ysidro cali
                                tecate California
                                CBPO
                                Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                                Geo: SWB
                                Qual: Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                                BI: Pending
                                VBT/SI: Passed
                                Drug Test: Passed
                                Poly: 9/10/12
                                PFT2: ?
                                The Call: 10/29/12
                                EOD: Dec 3
                                Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11468 users online. 415 members and 11053 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X