300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
    Don't hold your breath on it, 99% of the time if you werent offered the SI after your VBT you're done, the only sure way is when you get the letter Eligible or Ineligible.
    That makes no sense. I highly doubt that Homeland Security would waste their own time and money to schedule and process somebody with a VBT, or any other part of the hiring process, just to not hire them. There is a lot of money spent on each applicant, so to say it's the end of the road if there is no SI immediately after the VBT makes no sense. It is quite obvious from everyone's timeline that we all go through the different hiring phases at different times.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
      I believe the Background is like medical. It is good for 2 yrs, but after one year you have to do an update. I was told that once my background clears my medical will go to pending for the re-cert. Of course Nov 6 marks my one yr mark for my background so who knows. This whole process is just weird. I may just end up accepting the Nashville Metro PD offer. That academy starts Jan 2.
      You have an offer from Nashville PD? If you do I don't think you should pass that up. I think it might be a good idea to accept it and later if CBP calls you can make a choice. You never know what could happen, you could be waiting a long time for CBP. I've been waiting for CBP for so long I feel like I may get an offer from NYPD first and I only took that exam in September. Haha I may even get an offer from NCPD before CBP. That exam isn't till December and they haven't hired anybody in four years haha.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
        i had a quick question, i know it varies from each person. more recently, what has been the time line from when you meet your BI and when it gets completed or you get an offer. I understand it is up in the air and different factors but was just wondering a rough estimate or average. you can even send me a PM thats fine, don't want to clog up the board.
        I met mine 7/2011 and I'm still waiting. My poly hasn't even been scheduled yet. I will say my investigator was very nice and answered any questions I had.
        Last edited by Rms16; 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruze12 View Post
          That makes no sense. I highly doubt that Homeland Security would waste their own time and money to schedule and process somebody with a VBT, or any other part of the hiring process, just to not hire them. There is a lot of money spent on each applicant, so to say it's the end of the road if there is no SI immediately after the VBT makes no sense. It is quite obvious from everyone's timeline that we all go through the different hiring phases at different times.
          I'm sorry to say that I have seen plenty of stories on this site of people being told they would be scheduled later for an SI and then received a letter in the mail stating they failed. Not trying to worry you or anything bc I've also seen people get scheduled after the VBT for an SI. I'm Just trying to give you what information I have. Like you said this process is unpredictable.
          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
            I believe the Background is like medical. It is good for 2 yrs, but after one year you have to do an update. I was told that once my background clears my medical will go to pending for the re-cert. Of course Nov 6 marks my one yr mark for my background so who knows. This whole process is just weird. I may just end up accepting the Nashville Metro PD offer. That academy starts Jan 2.
            Ya im assuming i just need to sign some papers. I already re certified my medical about 3 months ago. Im hoping i get the papers soon i really had my hopes up high for Jan class (just like everyone else haha). what im thinking is if i do need to sign some papers how long does it take for them to get the papers to me and once i fax them back how long will those take to clear.

If i was in your shoes I would definitely take the Nashville PD offer. You never what CBPO will do.
            BPA
            GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
            WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
            TSL:12/10-Check
            ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
            MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
            BI:8/11-Check
            DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
            POLY:9/5/12-Check
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• POSSIBLE News About Polygraphs and Budget:
              So I had my border patrol oral board today and passed, got there at 6:40 am and left at 11:00am! Anyway, the agents there said that because of the fact that they made polygraphs mandatory, a lot of the applicants are failing it (too many). Because of this, they are considering overturning the decision to 100% polygraph every single applicant and flipping it back to what it was before: random. The agents said that although headquarters is pleased with the quality of the agents being hired that do pass a polygraph, hence why they bumped it up to 100%, now it has become a problem for them because too many are not moving forward, retirement/attrition rates, and "wasted" money on applicants because of the failed polys. This is still up in the air, so they were waiting to see what will the big wigs up in HQ and D.C. decide. They said they want to send 1000 applicants to the academy in 2013 and start pushing people through in March 2013. According to them, I should expect "the call" in about 6 months... don't know whether or not to get excited, but I sure hope it's true! 6 months please!
              BPA
              Applied (CA): 08/02/11
              TSU: 01/03/13
              The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
              Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
              Written Test: 04/19/12
              NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
              TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
              Pre-Employment forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
              PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
              Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
              VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
              Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
              Background Investigation: Completed
              Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
              BI Meeting: 12/20/12
              TSU: 12/27/12
              The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Hey guys, long time lurker here lol. I am up to the Poly in my process for CBPO GS-7. I would list the dates of completion for each step like all you guys but I really don't remember them. Met with my B.I. Last October and just wondering if anyone else is stuck on waiting for the poly. Also a question maybe someone here can shine some light on. It did cross my mind recently to try HGH (human growth hormones) and possibly stack another anabolic steroid. For a short time only just to speed up the toning and bulking process. Anyone know how that would look on the polygraph admiting to juicing? I have read several forums that an applicant who has used felony drugs recently is usually disqualified. I have never done any drugs, hardly ever drink (pretty much stay away from any habits that might look questionable) but I have been considering steroids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruze12 View Post
                  How do you think you did on the VBT, if you felt confident in responding to it and answered confidently and left with a good feeling then I am sure you will be alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by RevolveReX View Post
                    Hey guys, long time lurker here lol. I am up to the Poly in my process for CBPO GS-7. I would list the dates of completion for each step like all you guys but I really don't remember them. Met with my B.I. Last October and just wondering if anyone else is stuck on waiting for the poly. Also a question maybe someone here can shine some light on. It did cross my mind recently to try HGH (human growth hormones) and possibly stack another anabolic steroid. For a short time only just to speed up the toning and bulking process. Anyone know how that would look on the polygraph admiting to juicing? I have read several forums that an applicant who has used felony drugs recently is usually disqualified. I have never done any drugs, hardly ever drink (pretty much stay away from any habits that might look questionable) but I have been considering steroids.
                    from my understanding and research HGH isnt illegal if you get in properly as per Dr. as far as your anabolic steroids im not sure. Im no guru on roids and anabolics but have some knowledge on them. As im sure you know there is a lot of pro hormones or PH's out there that claim they are anabolic steroids but can buy them offline and in most nutrition stores now if you took something along those lines im sure you are fine. Now if you were sticking a needle is your butt you might be in for trouble.

I just took my poly about a month ago and between my background and poly i tried few different PH's and test boosters and other stuff but all of it was over counter nothing sketchy and no needles. When i was questioned before my poly about steroids i mentioned i have taken hormone enhancers or PH's and just threw it out there so there is no doubt in my head about it during the test. He basically asked me where did you buy it? and how did you take it? i told him i bought it from a local chain of nutrition stores and it was just pills. He then said ok then you have no worries as long and your not injecting.

if you don't mind saying what exactly were you taking? and another thing to think about is some over counter PH's were legal and could be bought but then get banned 6 months or so on market. so say if you bought some from a store and took them then they got banned afterwards might not be a big deal seeing they technically weren't illegal when you took them and there was no way for you to tell. but if i was you i would stay away from it now on just in case.

hope this helps a little bit
                    BPA
                    GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                    WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                    TSL:12/10-Check
                    ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                    MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                    BI:8/11-Check
                    DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                    POLY:9/5/12-Check
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                      from my understanding and research HGH isnt illegal if you get in properly as per Dr. as far as your anabolic steroids im not sure. Im no guru on roids and anabolics but have some knowledge on them. As im sure you know there is a lot of pro hormones or PH's out there that claim they are anabolic steroids but can buy them offline and in most nutrition stores now if you took something along those lines im sure you are fine. Now if you were sticking a needle is your butt you might be in for trouble.

I just took my poly about a month ago and between my background and poly i tried few different PH's and test boosters and other stuff but all of it was over counter nothing sketchy and no needles. When i was questioned before my poly about steroids i mentioned i have taken hormone enhancers or PH's and just threw it out there so there is no doubt in my head about it during the test. He basically asked me where did you buy it? and how did you take it? i told him i bought it from a local chain of nutrition stores and it was just pills. He then said ok then you have no worries as long and your not injecting.

if you don't mind saying what exactly were you taking? and another thing to think about is some over counter PH's were legal and could be bought but then get banned 6 months or so on market. so say if you bought some from a store and took them then they got banned afterwards might not be a big deal seeing they technically weren't illegal when you took them and there was no way for you to tell. but if i was you i would stay away from it now on just in case.

hope this helps a little bit
                      Thank you brother that really helped. I was considering injecting deca and as for HGH it would have been jintropin/somatropin. After what you said I will not do any of them, rather just work really hard and use over the counter supplements than **** away my chance at Customs. Also the only performance enhancing supplements I have taken are over the counter which is HD-Build, that is a blend of creatine and other things but legal of course and is a flavored powder mix. Also pre-workout powdered form and few years back some energy/fat burning pills. All over the counter from GNC or bodybuilding.com

Comment

• Build-HD** sorry

Comment

• Do they even test for steroids throughout your career? Just curious. Because in the army they rarely did. It's too expensive. They would only test a single person if they had a reason to believe he was taking them. Ie ridiculously massive gains in a short amount of time or severe roid rage.

Comment

• To academy graduates:
                            I've been through a varience of law enforcement academies in my history. However, none of which have ever had anything to do with Immigration Law. I am assuming that this will be a large part of the education in the CBPO academy. Can someone point me to any pubs, websites or books that will help me get ahead of the curve? Start learning what I can now, when I have the time free?

In addition, if there are any topics that are more intensive, while at FLETC, can you let me know of those as well?

Thank you so much,
                            Respectfully,
                            V10
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Hey Verve,

You could go to USCIS website and read some of the common ways that immigrants come to the US. I am sure there are plenty of forms and description of processes there. Also, CFR 8 Aliens and Nationality deals with immigration. I am not 100% sure thats what CPBO uses, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Where is your duty station? I heard that determines what you will be working the most? I talked to some officers and dulles airport and they said they do immigration almost all the time, while Baltimore nearby would be mostly customs stuff.

Comment

• Immigration Law Pocket Field Guide by lexus nexus.
                                CBPO
                                Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                                TO: 2/2011
                                Medical: 3/22/2011
                                PT Test: 3/22/2011
                                VBT: 3/2011
                                Background: 3/2011
                                Drug Test: 4/2011
                                Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                                PT Test 2: TBD
                                FLETC: Good Question lol
                                CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                                Info Session 9/2009
                                Interview 3/2010
                                COE 5/2010
                                Medical 5/2010
                                Fit/Background 7/2010
                                All clear as of 11/2010
                                FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11135 users online. 485 members and 10650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X