Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me the phone number to IA for polygraphs and the number to inquire about the background investigation? Thank you
    CBPO SWB
    Application: 3/28/12
    Exam: 4/26/12
    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
    TSL: 6/12/12
    TSL2: 6/13/12
    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post

Now for the tough part: figuring out if I can afford to live and feed my family in SoCal while taking a paycut. Im looking online at housing prices and attempting to get some sort of budget established. Can a skidrow local let me know how much overtime is available to a new officer (obviously, after all qualifications have been met)? Also, is there a particular region that mos officers find suitable to live, with spouse and little children? Originally, i was considering North County... until I saw the ridiculous rental prices. If you are a local CBPO, would you message me as to some of the in's & out's? Is it truly necessary to live an hour away from the station? Etc, etc. I fully understand that I will not be moving for almost 8/9 months still...but I am trying to figure out if this is all financially possible given the heightened housing costs and crazy gas prices for lengthy commutes.
      Hi Verve, first off - congrats!

I'm also hoping for San Ysidro (or Otay Mesa)

I currently live in San Diego and there are many affordable places that are within 30 minutes of the border. From some local CBPOs that I know - there is plenty of overtime to be worked at San Ysidro. So you should be making decent money within a year or so (obviously depends on the situation at that point in time, but currently - there is plenty of OT) If your spouse is able to work right away, that should be sufficient to get you by the first year or two at least.

Since you have a family, I would suggest looking in East Lake (Chula Vista). This is the "suburbia" area of San Diego where many families reside - especially many BP and CBP families. For a decent townhome you are looking at rent between $1500 - $2000.

I'm not sure what state you will be coming from, but just remember that California usually averages the highest gas prices, so a North County home might be to your disadvantage because of the long commute.

I would suggest calling a Realtor (for buying or renting) and getting their advice on the best places to live right now.

Best of luck!
      App (SWB): 3/14/12
      Test: 3/27/12
      NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
      TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
      Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
      Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
      PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
      Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
      sent medical update form 6/21/13
      VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
      Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
      Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
      Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
      Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
      EOD: 9/3/13
      FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• Update:
        I just took my drug test yesterday and to day I did the VBT. I guess the VBT was based on common sense. It seemed that way to me. I asked about a structured interview and the two CBP Officers said they were not instructed to do a SI. Now, all I am waiting for is the BI and polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruze12 View Post
          Update:
          I just took my drug test yesterday and to day I did the VBT. I guess the VBT was based on common sense. It seemed that way to me. I asked about a structured interview and the two CBP Officers said they were not instructed to do a SI. Now, all I am waiting for is the BI and polygraph.
          Don't count on NOT getting a structured interview. They will probably send you another letter telling you to come back. I had my VBT recently and they reviewed my tape and gave me the SI right then and there. In your case they probably have to send your tape to headquarters because there was no one there to review it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
            They will probably send you another letter telling you to come back. I had my VBT recently and they reviewed my tape and gave me the SI right then and there. In your case they probably have to send your tape to headquarters because there was no one there to review it.
            Don't hold your breath on it, 99% of the time if you werent offered the SI after your VBT you're done, the only sure way is when you get the letter Eligible or Ineligible.
            MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
              Hi! Good to see another female in the process have you met with your background investigator yet? For some reason I was under the impression they were trying to push females thru a little quicker? I may be mistaken. Anyways good luck to u!
              Hi Twink. It is good to see that we are in about the same stage in the process. I am hoping the background clears really soon and it would be great if we end up in the same class. Which state are you in? You can PM me if you want so we can chat about more things. I have not met with my BI yet, have you? I am starting to wonder if I will need to meet with a BI or not since I previously had to get a clearance with DHS and also with DOD. I am just hoping to go to TSU really soon. I do think that females seem to get pushed through a bit faster. I hope that is the case with us!

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                You should be getting the call soon, who knows you might just get that call today
                Thanks, got my fingers and toes crossed!
                CBPO
                Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                Geo: SWB
                Qual: Passed
                Medical: Passed
                Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                BI: Pending
                VBT/SI: Passed
                Drug Test: Passed
                Poly: 9/10/12
                PFT2: ?
                The Call: 10/29/12
                EOD: Dec 3
                Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                  well just as i get my hopes up they get shut down. I had just received my last green check mark this last tuesday for my background and poly getting cleared and this morning it say background is back to pending again this time it says

"We have not received the background investation documentation which is required to begin your investigation."

How is this even possible when i did my background August 2011. last time i met with my BI he told me everything was complete which was over a year ago. anyone else seen this happen? This is torture. also does anyone know who i can call to get questions answered?

Thanks again
                  I believe the Background is like medical. It is good for 2 yrs, but after one year you have to do an update. I was told that once my background clears my medical will go to pending for the re-cert. Of course Nov 6 marks my one yr mark for my background so who knows. This whole process is just weird. I may just end up accepting the Nashville Metro PD offer. That academy starts Jan 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                    Don't hold your breath on it, 99% of the time if you werent offered the SI after your VBT you're done, the only sure way is when you get the letter Eligible or Ineligible.
                    Interesting. So the likelihood of Cruz12 being "Eligible" is not likely since he was not offered the SI immediately?

Comment

• Originally posted by DEFENSELEO View Post
                      Interesting. So the likelihood of Cruz12 being "Eligible" is not likely since he was not offered the SI immediately?
                      I don't agree with that. I know of two different people that didn't get there SI on the spot simply because there was no one to do it. There have also been stories on this site where people were told their tapes were being sent to Minneapolis and they would be contacted for the SI.

Comment

I don't agree with that. I know of two different people that didn't get there SI on the spot simply because there was no one to do it. There have also been stories on this site where people were told their tapes were being sent to Minneapolis and they would be contacted for the SI.
                        True, but there are most examples of people not getting a date for a SI after being dismissed from their VBT without one.

Comment

That gives me a little peace of mind. I have mine coming up in a few weeks. To do the VBT and not offered the SI right away knowing the journey could be over would be devastating and a blow to any applicant's gut. At least now, if I am not offered the SI immediately I know there is still yet a glimmer of hope that the SI is imminent.

Anyone know where/how I could write my signature on my posts illustrating my timeline in this adventure?

Thanks!

Comment

• i had a quick question, i know it varies from each person. more recently, what has been the time line from when you meet your BI and when it gets completed or you get an offer. I understand it is up in the air and different factors but was just wondering a rough estimate or average. you can even send me a PM thats fine, don't want to clog up the board.
                            CBPO
                            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                              i had a quick question, i know it varies from each person. more recently, what has been the time line from when you meet your BI and when it gets completed or you get an offer. I understand it is up in the air and different factors but was just wondering a rough estimate or average. you can even send me a PM thats fine, don't want to clog up the board.
                              I met with mine about a week after I took the Poly. The investigator was really nice and met me at my office and took the time to speak with a few of my co-workers while they were there.

Comment

• So I passed the test way back in June with an 80 (and I'm a 5 point vet, so 85???) and haven't heard anything since. I applied for the Southeast Region, I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it perhaps?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8778 users online. 484 members and 8294 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X