• Show
Clear All

• Im not sure of exact dates at the moment, but:

Test: 07/12
    NOR: 95 (5 vet points)
    Geo:SWB
    TSL1/2:09/03/12
    Med: 10/16/12 ( hasnt posted to CASS)
    PFT1:10/16/12 (passed with maxes in all categories and completed step test)
    VBT/SI: 10/31/12
    Poly: 11/06/12
    BI: In sec. Office

I realize that my time has progressed rapidly, and even after talking to the agent on the phone today, she was a bit surprised as to how fast I was moving through, but I think my background might be a reason for it. I'll be 25 the day of my polygraph, so Relatively young, and have only lived 4 places in my life(all Conus), no criminal history outside of a few traffic violations, no internationals in family or relatives or even people closer than associated with, and vet status( had picked up here and deplhi that vets tend to move quicker in the process).

Hopefully, my background is easy for em, and thus quick, or maybe Im just getting lucky, idk.
    Last edited by payniel; 10-24-2012, 10:59 PM. Reason: couple of details
    CBPO:
    Test- 05/12
    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
    TSL1/2-08/12
    PFT1/Med-09/12
    VBT/SI-10/12
    Poly-11/12
    BI-12/12
    TSU-01/24/13
    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
    Applied- 06/12
    PFT-07/12
    CJBAT- 12/12
    Panel Interview- 01/13
    BI- in process

FBI
    Phase two: probably never

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
      Hey guys. First time poster, long time lurker. I just got the call with a "firm" offer of employment this morning. Ridiculously excited! Timeline is as follows.

Written - Oct 2011 (score 103 w/ 5 veterans preference points)
      Tentative - Nov 2011 (for SWB)
      Medical - Dec 2011
      VBT/SI - Jan 2012
      Background started - Feb 2012
      Poly - June 2012
      Drug test - August 2012
      Met with BI - Sept 2012
      Provisional Clear - Sept 2012
      Referred to scheduling unit - Sept 2012
      Firm offer - Oct 2012
      EOD - Dec 3 2012 for San Ysidro, CA
      Academy - Jan 10 through May 16

Hopefully some of you guys hear from the scheduling unit soon! Now I just have to take the pft2 and wait. Good luck ladies and gents!

How long did it take to get into scheduling from last step? how long were you in scheduling? oh and congrats it nice to see people are getting the calls now. oh and one more question how long after your firm offer did they give you for your PFT2?
      BPA
      GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
      WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
      TSL:12/10-Check
      ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
      MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
      BI:8/11-Check
      DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
      POLY:9/5/12-Check
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
        Thanks YBT. Ill definitely give that a go. San Ysidro is probably the most desirable port for SWB so I hope you get it! As for your poly, where did you take it? I took mine in long beach and it took them about 6 weeks to get back to me if I recall correctly. It also showed cleared in cass before i got the letter in the mail. Remember that it has to go to the QA to be reviewed before you will clear. They may just have a lot of polys to review. Seems that with the poly that no news soon after it is completed is good news. Good luck!
        I had my poly in Minneapolis.

I know that San Ysidro is difficult to get, but I tend to dream big I am in the reserves and am currently receiving training that is only available in certain locations. The only location that my training is available down south is in San Diego. So, it is my hope that I can continue my training with the reserves while working as a CBPO. But I am sure I could learn to like it anywhere else too.

One other pointer as you look for a temporary housing situation is to find a couple of places to look at right before you EOD, stay in a hotel the first night or two when you arrive and check out the rooms in person and meet the landlords and roommates. Then you will know which situation will be best for you for a month. I saw some on there for about $500 a month including utilities and I'm sure some would be willing to have someone temporarily for a month if you ask and if they have not found anyone to stay permanently. Asking never hurts!

Comment

• Alright, everybody, I got the call. I had decided that due to other current options, I would only accept if i could get my dream location. Well, what do you know?? They offered me San Ysidro and I gladly accepted. EoD Dec 3rd.

Now for the tough part: figuring out if I can afford to live and feed my family in SoCal while taking a paycut. Im looking online at housing prices and attempting to get some sort of budget established. Can a skidrow local let me know how much overtime is available to a new officer (obviously, after all qualifications have been met)? Also, is there a particular region that mos officers find suitable to live, with spouse and little children? Originally, i was considering North County... until I saw the ridiculous rental prices. If you are a local CBPO, would you message me as to some of the in's & out's? Is it truly necessary to live an hour away from the station? Etc, etc. I fully understand that I will not be moving for almost 8/9 months still...but I am trying to figure out if this is all financially possible given the heightened housing costs and crazy gas prices for lengthy commutes.

My appologies to the grammar Nazis for any grammatical errors, due to my cell phone being temperamental. And thank you so much to anyone that might be able to offer us some local advice and help. In addition to all those chums who have been so helpful and encouraging along this journey to get here.

Love & Respect to you all
          Last edited by Verve10; 10-24-2012, 11:26 PM.
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Did any of you out there ever receive an email like this from HR, and if so, do you know what this could mean? I received it about 2 weeks after taking my poly and in response to an inquiry about geographic preference (my preference is SWB):

"Good morning,

This message is in response to your inquiry. Good news, in checking your applicant record it appears that your finger print cards were received by the Technical and Administrative Customer Support Team here at the Minneapolis Hiring Center and are being further processed."

Comment

• Congrats, Verve. I think it's easier to get San Ysidro after it has been quiet for a while! Good for you and Body Bag! You two will be training together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                Alright, everybody, I got the call. I had decided that due to other current options, I would only accept if i could get my dream location. Well, what do you know?? They offered me San Ysidro and I gladly accepted. EoD Dec 3rd.

Now for the tough part: figuring out if I can afford to live and feed my family in SoCal while taking a paycut. Im looking online at housing prices and attempting to get some sort of budget established. Can a skidrow local let me know how much overtime is available to a new officer (obviously, after all qualifications have been met)? Also, is there a particular region that mos officers find suitable to live, with spouse and little children? Originally, i was considering North County... until I saw the ridiculous rental prices. If you are a local CBPO, would you message me as to some of the in's & out's? Is it truly necessary to live an hour away from the station? Etc, etc. I fully understand that I will not be moving for almost 8/9 months still...but I am trying to figure out if this is all financially possible given the heightened housing costs and crazy gas prices for lengthy commutes.

My appologies to the grammar Nazis for any grammatical errors, due to my cell phone being temperamental. And thank you so much to anyone that might be able to offer us some local advice and help. In addition to all those chums who have been so helpful and encouraging along this journey to get here.

Love & Respect to you all

Congrats Verve that's great news!
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• At some point, are you asked your preference of duty location within your specific region? Or are the locales sort of pre-rated and doled out based on (whatever)?
                  CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
                  Application: 3/26/12
                  Exam: 4/27/12
                  NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
                  TSL1: 6/12/12
                  TSL2: 6/13/12
                  Fingerprints: 6/19/12
                  Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
                  PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
                  VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
                  Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
                  Drug test: ?
                  Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
                  PFT2: ?
                  Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
                    At some point, are you asked your preference of duty location within your specific region? Or are the locales sort of pre-rated and doled out based on (whatever)?
                    From what I have previously read on the forum they offer you a list of ports that's available and you have 24 hours to make your decision but my best advice is to do your homework on all the possible ports so in the event you do get the offer you can select your port right then cause it might not be available when you do call back....

Comment

• Is there a "top choice" list of locations floating around? Are there any locations that should be an instant yes or no?
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                      Geo: SWB
                      Qual: Passed
                      Medical: Passed
                      Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                      BI: Pending
                      VBT/SI: Passed
                      Drug Test: Passed
                      Poly: 9/10/12
                      PFT2: ?
                      The Call: 10/29/12
                      EOD: Dec 3
                      Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
                        Is there a "top choice" list of locations floating around? Are there any locations that should be an instant yes or no?
                        You should be getting the call soon, who knows you might just get that call today

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak Butter Tea View Post
                          Hi everyone. I am also a long-time lurker. I had two polys, one in August and one in Sept. They were both really intense and physically and mentally exhausting. Both lasted all day long. I was shaky during the first one, probably from being cold, so I wore socks and more clothing for the second one. It has been over 4 weeks now since the last poly, so I am really hoping that I passed. I have not yet met with a BI, but I already have a clearance from DOD and one from DHS as well. A BI called me yesterday asking for some final paperwork because she is trying to wrap up my case. So I hope that is good news and means that I passed my poly and I would really like to get into that January class or a February one. I don't really remember my timeline, but it is something like this:

October 2011 Test (105 including vet pref)
                          November 2011-TSL1
                          January 2012- Medical cleared and PFT 1
                          February 2012-VBT and SI
                          March 2012-Drug Test cleared
                          March 2012- Medical Hold
                          June 2012-Recleared Medically
                          August 2012-1st Poly
                          September 2012-2nd Poly

Currently have all green checks except for Background. I am female.

I will try to post more now that I've introduced myself. I just wanted to say best of luck to all of you and I hope we will hear soon about more of us getting a firm offer of employment!
                          Hi! Good to see another female in the process have you met with your background investigator yet? For some reason I was under the impression they were trying to push females thru a little quicker? I may be mistaken. Anyways good luck to u!
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                            You should be getting the call soon, who knows you might just get that call today
                            Well i know when i see my medical go pending for the recert i will be getting close.

Comment

• Congrats to all getting calls. I don't want to be mr. buzzkill, but everyone seems to be getting EODs for Dec 3 with the academy starting Jan 10th. If sequestration happens, do you think they will lay off all those in pre-academy? That would be horrible especially since some folks might have gone ahead and moved and would be have left their jobs for this opportunity. This looming sequestration makes this process scary. Thoughts?

Comment

• well just as i get my hopes up they get shut down. I had just received my last green check mark this last tuesday for my background and poly getting cleared and this morning it say background is back to pending again this time it says

"We have not received the background investation documentation which is required to begin your investigation."

How is this even possible when i did my background August 2011. last time i met with my BI he told me everything was complete which was over a year ago. anyone else seen this happen? This is torture. also does anyone know who i can call to get questions answered?

Thanks again
                                BPA
                                GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                                WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                                TSL:12/10-Check
                                ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                                MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                                BI:8/11-Check
                                DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                                POLY:9/5/12-Check
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9454 users online. 312 members and 9142 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X