Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=11BodyBag;3165447]Hey guys. First time poster, long time lurker. I just got the call with a "firm" offer of employment this morning. Ridiculously excited! Timeline is as follows.

    Congrats! The whole process took about a yr.. that's really good considering your area..Cali is a hotspot. Good luck

    Comment


    • Hey guys, so here I was not too long ago reading different people's post about how they failed the poly without lying and was thinking to myself how can you fail this test if you're being truthful. Now I feel like I am just another post in that pile. I gave the examiner everything I had and he ran a second test due to some small inconsistencies (now I was anxious). Apparently the second test indicated I was lying about my drug history and I just couldn't wrap my head around it, I disclosed all of my drug use and yet somehow I was lying... I told him my concerns and he replied "well thats just not good enough". At the end I told him I had nothing to add and he said that he would run it through QA and see if they want to give me another shot at it, as much as I have my hopes up that I might get one more chance I realize that potentially I am at the end of the road now. It sucks. EDIT: But you know gents I do believe things happen for a reason, and if I am not fortunate enough to go on into this field I am sure I will do great somewhere else. My congrats to all who have passed the poly or received an EOD, I know you guys are gonna do awesome. And good luck to those getting ready to take the poly, stay calm and don't let your brain over-analyze things.
      Last edited by weekend_warrior; 10-24-2012, 06:30 PM.

      Comment


      • Very similar story. When did you took your polygraph bro? It's been two weeks for me and I just don't know what to think. I haven't receive any results.

        Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
        Hey guys, so here I was not too long ago reading different people's post about how they failed the poly without lying and was thinking to myself how can you fail this test if you're being truthful. Now I feel like I am just another post in that pile. I gave the examiner everything I had and he ran a second test due to some small inconsistencies (now I was anxious). Apparently the second test indicated I was lying about my drug history and I just couldn't wrap my head around it, I disclosed all of my drug use and yet somehow I was lying... I told him my concerns and he replied "well thats just not good enough". At the end I told him I had nothing to add and he said that he would run it through QA and see if they want to give me another shot at it, as much as I have my hopes up that I might get one more chance I realize that potentially I am at the end of the road now. It sucks. EDIT: But you know gents I do believe things happen for a reason, and if I am not fortunate enough to go on into this field I am sure I will do great somewhere else. My congrats to all who have passed the poly or received an EOD, I know you guys are gonna do awesome. And good luck to those getting ready to take the poly, stay calm and don't let your brain over-analyze things.

        Comment


        • Hi everyone. I am also a long-time lurker. I had two polys, one in August and one in Sept. They were both really intense and physically and mentally exhausting. Both lasted all day long. I was shaky during the first one, probably from being cold, so I wore socks and more clothing for the second one. It has been over 4 weeks now since the last poly, so I am really hoping that I passed. I have not yet met with a BI, but I already have a clearance from DOD and one from DHS as well. A BI called me yesterday asking for some final paperwork because she is trying to wrap up my case. So I hope that is good news and means that I passed my poly and I would really like to get into that January class or a February one. I don't really remember my timeline, but it is something like this:

          October 2011 Test (105 including vet pref)
          November 2011-TSL1
          January 2012- Medical cleared and PFT 1
          February 2012-VBT and SI
          March 2012-Drug Test cleared
          March 2012- Medical Hold
          June 2012-Recleared Medically
          August 2012-1st Poly
          September 2012-2nd Poly

          Currently have all green checks except for Background. I am female.

          I will try to post more now that I've introduced myself. I just wanted to say best of luck to all of you and I hope we will hear soon about more of us getting a firm offer of employment!

          Comment


          • Thanks for the congrats guys. Question, what do most people do for housing during the pre academy?

            Comment


            • Body Bag, Congratulations on getting "the call." That's very encouraging. I hope I will be able to join you at the same station. I have had pretty good luck with craigslist "rooms and shares" or "temporary housing" in the past. If I were you, I would start with the San Diego craigslist page, and choose "South San Diego" to find something closer to San Ysidro. You will see that some posters prefer military-connected roommates and you may be able to find CBP or BPA connected roommates there as well. I saw some that looked pretty promising on there. Some looked like you would be able to stay for only a month, and some are furnished. Just go on there and read some of the ads and keep an eye out for any that look legit to you. Good luck!

              Comment


              • @ Body Bag, you can also post an ad under "housing situations wanted" or "temporary housing wanted", explain your situation and how much you are willing to pay and when you need housing, and you may get some bites on that.

                Comment


                • Got scheduled for my Polygraph today, the agent seemed pretty nice on the phone. Just wandering what I should wear to the polygraph? I would normally wear a suit and tie, but just checking, as it could be very long ordeal.

                  Also wandering if there seems to be any sort of steps with the BI, like should I have heard from my BI before taking the poly, or will I hear after IA receives the results?

                  As a Side note, Anyone scheduled for the VBT in tampa, on Halloween, next wednesday?
                  CBPO:
                  Test- 05/12
                  NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                  TSL1/2-08/12
                  PFT1/Med-09/12
                  VBT/SI-10/12
                  Poly-11/12
                  BI-12/12
                  TSU-01/24/13
                  1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                  OCSO:
                  Applied- 06/12
                  PFT-07/12
                  CJBAT- 12/12
                  Panel Interview- 01/13
                  BI- in process

                  FBI
                  Phase two: probably never

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                    Got scheduled for my Polygraph today, the agent seemed pretty nice on the phone. Just wandering what I should wear to the polygraph? I would normally wear a suit and tie, but just checking, as it could be very long ordeal.

                    Also wandering if there seems to be any sort of steps with the BI, like should I have heard from my BI before taking the poly, or will I hear after IA receives the results?

                    As a Side note, Anyone scheduled for the VBT in tampa, on Halloween, next wednesday?
                    Wear casual clothes. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt to mine.

                    Comment


                    • Dress comfortably. I believe my instructions said business casual...you don't want a suit and tie, as you want to be as comfortable as possible. Trying to look nice the first poly caused me to feel cold and to be shaky and every time the examiner said to stop moving I would get more nervous and move more. Make sure you are comfortable. The examiner's job is not to judge what you are wearing, but to judge the movements of your body and other reactions your body has to the questions he or she asks. So, focus more on being comfortable than on looking nice.

                      Comment


                      • These are the instructions I received before my poly. It says business casual below:

                        Please be sure to bring with you a driver’s license or some other type of government official identification that has a photo.
                        · Ensure you eat something the morning of your examination.
                        · Make sure you are well rested for your examination. Do not work a mid-night shift and come straight to the examination.
                        · Please dress in business casual attire (no tie or sport jacket is necessary).
                        · Bring a bottle(s) of water or any other hydrating beverage(s) and a light snack(s) (protein bar, fruit, etc…).
                        · Do not schedule any other appointments for the day. You will be at your appointment for at least 4-6 hours, and it could take up to 6-8 hours.
                        Bring a copy of your Personnel Security Questionnaire (e-QIP/SF86), if available.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Yak Butter Tea View Post
                          These are the instructions I received before my poly. It says business casual below:

                          Please be sure to bring with you a driver’s license or some other type of government official identification that has a photo.
                          · Ensure you eat something the morning of your examination.
                          · Make sure you are well rested for your examination. Do not work a mid-night shift and come straight to the examination.
                          · Please dress in business casual attire (no tie or sport jacket is necessary).
                          · Bring a bottle(s) of water or any other hydrating beverage(s) and a light snack(s) (protein bar, fruit, etc…).
                          · Do not schedule any other appointments for the day. You will be at your appointment for at least 4-6 hours, and it could take up to 6-8 hours.
                          Bring a copy of your Personnel Security Questionnaire (e-QIP/SF86), if available.

                          I received similar instructions, but what was listed for dress was quite vague, it said that no dress was required, but to dress appropriately. I was also not asked to bring a copy of my SF-86 with me.

                          Thanks for the reply's guys, hopefully this will go smooth and Ill have to cancel my scheduled vacation in February to eod.
                          CBPO:
                          Test- 05/12
                          NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                          TSL1/2-08/12
                          PFT1/Med-09/12
                          VBT/SI-10/12
                          Poly-11/12
                          BI-12/12
                          TSU-01/24/13
                          1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                          OCSO:
                          Applied- 06/12
                          PFT-07/12
                          CJBAT- 12/12
                          Panel Interview- 01/13
                          BI- in process

                          FBI
                          Phase two: probably never

                          Comment


                          • Thanks YBT. Ill definitely give that a go. San Ysidro is probably the most desirable port for SWB so I hope you get it! As for your poly, where did you take it? I took mine in long beach and it took them about 6 weeks to get back to me if I recall correctly. It also showed cleared in cass before i got the letter in the mail. Remember that it has to go to the QA to be reviewed before you will clear. They may just have a lot of polys to review. Seems that with the poly that no news soon after it is completed is good news. Good luck!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              Got scheduled for my Polygraph today, the agent seemed pretty nice on the phone. Just wandering what I should wear to the polygraph? I would normally wear a suit and tie, but just checking, as it could be very long ordeal.

                              Also wandering if there seems to be any sort of steps with the BI, like should I have heard from my BI before taking the poly, or will I hear after IA receives the results?

                              As a Side note, Anyone scheduled for the VBT in tampa, on Halloween, next wednesday?
                              Hey what is your timeline like?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Baha View Post
                                Did you meet your BI(s) yet?
                                What screen dooes your cass show?
                                what do you mean did i meet my BI(s) yet?sorry little new to the lingo still. if you mean my background investigator, yes the last time i met with him was right before i finalized all my background paper work which was Aug, 2011. As far as my CASS if just shows all green check marks and completed in every category. hopefully next week it will say scheduling EOD (again) i was in scheduling department last Nov, then my background fell back to pending until i got my poly complete.
                                BPA
                                GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                                WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                                TSL:12/10-Check
                                ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                                MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                                BI:8/11-Check
                                DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                                POLY:9/5/12-Check
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 19564 users online. 529 members and 19035 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X