300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Now throw in what might be an impending sequestration and hiring freeze and all guesses get tossed out the window. Most anything potentially goes at that point.
    when that happens in Jan, i will be apllying outside the government. heard they are going back to 2007 hiring dates. thats not good for us 2008/2009 hires..

Comment

• Originally posted by lightning8791 View Post
      when that happens in Jan, i will be apllying outside the government. heard they are going back to 2007 hiring dates. thats not good for us 2008/2009 hires..
      Who knows?

I've seen just about every horror story proposed as to how cuts would come about. Most tales tend to lean towards cuts by location and as defined as 'non-critical' to the mission.

My guess, assuming the location/'mission critical' angle holds true, is that newer guys may not necessarily be holding the short straws. I imagine it'll be a "big dog eats little dog" situation and those guys unfortunate enough to be at the bottom of the scrum pile will be the ones left bearing the brunt of the pain.

In other words, things won't be much different than they are today. Those people who are currently being thrown under the bus and mugged over various issues will more or less be the people who'll be first tossed under the bus and left to be eaten by the sequestration process.

Then again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Comment

• I have an issue I need help with. I need to reschedule my VBT/SI immediately and I am not able to get a hold of anyone in the Oral Board Unit. What are my options?
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
          I have an issue I need help with. I need to reschedule my VBT/SI immediately and I am not able to get a hold of anyone in the Oral Board Unit. What are my options?
          Your only option is to get ahold of them :/ I wouldn't pass it up if I were you unless it's an emergency, otherwise I'm not sure if they will even reschedule. Good luck!
          CBPO SWB
          Application: 3/28/12
          Exam: 4/26/12
          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
          TSL: 6/12/12
          TSL2: 6/13/12
          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            Just a heads up read on Delphi that the guy that just got the call for Detroit didn't take a poly. I thought everybody had to after August? I mean heard of a few slipping through right before the August self imposed deadline of switching to mandatory, but this is months after that. Just goes to show you this process is completely unpredictable! I guess IA and MHC don't necessarily need everybody to take the poly till the official 2013 deadline.
            I went and read his post thoroughly. He didn't have to the take the poly because he is a current Border Patrol Agent. He said he joined BP 2.5 yrs ago and had applied for CBP and BP at the same time. BP called first I guess. He is going back home to Detroit by taking the CBP job now.

In a nut shell, poly is mandatory for all NEW applicants and all who are not employed by DHS.

Comment

• By the way, I called MHC yesterday to get clarification on my process. They told me than whenever my Background is cleared (orginally cleared Nov 6, 2011) that my medical will go pending and I will get that paper to fill out and send back to recert my medical.

Comment

• Had the VBT on Tuesday and did pretty good I think. I didn't get the SI because apparently the proctor doesn't grade the tape there and had to send it to MN for review... I asked if everyone gets the SI when he asked how I was in communication in the process and to wait for further steps...
                I got scared that I failed it but it appears he was the Chief there and likely did not have time to review the answers since it was only thirty minutes wait until I was let out.

I have the feeling that he made sure the tape worked and then sent off to MN...

Super worried though, until he says that not all get same day SI and usually have to come back once MN passes the VBT....

I'll update once I get the dreaded letter to reschedule SI or if I failed...

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                  By the way, I called MHC yesterday to get clarification on my process. They told me than whenever my Background is cleared (orginally cleared Nov 6, 2011) that my medical will go pending and I will get that paper to fill out and send back to recert my medical.
                  Wish they would just send it out when your year is up. Just causes extra waiting on our end. At this point though we have a masters in waiting haha. I re-read it myself and I didn't notice the first time that he works for BP. I guess that could be why, but don't you have to resign from BP to go over to CBP? Wouldn't that make you a new applicant?
                  Last edited by Rms16; 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Bees isn't saying he got the call, if you go to Delphi forums and look in the section "I got the job" you will see a new post of somebody getting the call for Detroit and their fletc date of 11/10/13. I think a few people may have mis-read what bees posted.
                    Gotcha, my buddy just moved down south for BP, 2 days after he got to his new house, CBP called and offered a Detroit position. I sat right next to him during the test, and scored higher. I was referred to scheduling last Nov, but now have to get my background re-cert. Some say I'll have to poly, some say no. My buddy that called wasn't going to have to. Makes no sense. I'm currently employed for the BP in the radio room in Detroit, so maybe I can skip the poly?

Waiting for Detroit/Pt Huron...
                    Last edited by jayhos; 10-24-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                      I don't think there is any way you get called for the Jan. 13th class.
                      Considering that January 13th is on Sunday, I doubt it as well.
                      Gek.

Comment

I guess that could be why, but don't you have to resign from BP to go over to CBP? Wouldn't that make you a new applicant?
                        No and no. He would be employed with OBP all the way up until the moment he became employed with OFO.
                        Gek.

Comment

• Hey guys. First time poster, long time lurker. I just got the call with a "firm" offer of employment this morning. Ridiculously excited! Timeline is as follows.

Written - Oct 2011 (score 103 w/ 5 veterans preference points)
                          Tentative - Nov 2011 (for SWB)
                          Medical - Dec 2011
                          VBT/SI - Jan 2012
                          Background started - Feb 2012
                          Poly - June 2012
                          Drug test - August 2012
                          Met with BI - Sept 2012
                          Provisional Clear - Sept 2012
                          Referred to scheduling unit - Sept 2012
                          Firm offer - Oct 2012
                          EOD - Dec 3 2012 for San Ysidro, CA
                          Academy - Jan 10 through May 16

Hopefully some of you guys hear from the scheduling unit soon! Now I just have to take the pft2 and wait. Good luck ladies and gents!

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
                            Hey guys. First time poster, long time lurker. I just got the call with a "firm" offer of employment this morning. Ridiculously excited! Timeline is as follows.

Written - Oct 2011 (score 103 w/ 5 veterans preference points)
                            Tentative - Nov 2011 (for SWB)
                            Medical - Dec 2011
                            VBT/SI - Jan 2012
                            Background started - Feb 2012
                            Poly - June 2012
                            Drug test - August 2012
                            Met with BI - Sept 2012
                            Provisional Clear - Sept 2012
                            Referred to scheduling unit - Sept 2012
                            Firm offer - Oct 2012
                            EOD - Dec 3 2012 for San Ysidro, CA
                            Academy - Jan 10 through May 16

Hopefully some of you guys hear from the scheduling unit soon! Now I just have to take the pft2 and wait. Good luck ladies and gents!

Congrats! Well looks like here comes the new wave of calls.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                              No and no. He would be employed with OBP all the way up until the moment he became employed with OFO.
                              Well guess that clears that up. Hey drifting how ya been? Haven't seen you on here in a while, could be also bc I've been laying low haha. Have you gotten the call for apply yet?
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Nice bodybag. I hope I get offered a San Diego port, lucky dog.
                                Geo: SWB
                                Test: 6/23/12
                                NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                                TSL1: 7/13/12
                                TSL2: 7/17/12
                                E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                                Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                                VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                                Drug Test:
                                B.I.:
                                Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                                Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4024 users online. 215 members and 3809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X