300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
    Cruze, you definitely seem to be moving fast. I think we took the test at the same time at the Dulles location. Are you a female by any chance? Just wondering why yours is moving a lot faster.

I was at Dulles airport last week and talk to one of the CBPOs there and was told that they really need people at that location. Maybe you will clear everything and end up working there?

ForzaMilan, I'm a 27 y/o male applicant. I heard in another forum that they also needed people around the Norfolk VA area as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruze12 View Post
      I'm still hoping for the January 2013 class.

I don't think there is any way you get called for the Jan. 13th class. There are probably thousands of applicants that tested before you, are farther along in the process than you, and have a SW border preference. Just keeping it real, not trying to rain on your parade. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
        I don't think there is any way you get called for the Jan. 13th class. There are probably thousands of applicants that tested before you, are farther along in the process than you, and have a SW border preference. Just keeping it real, not trying to rain on your parade. Good luck to you.

When is the class after that? July?

Comment

• Hey guys, do you know a number I can call regarding my polygraph results? It's been two weeks since I took it and I haven't been notified. They didn't tell me if I passed or failed after I took the polygraph. They just told me I might need further testing and that they were going to send the results to get them reviewed and to check cass daily. So I really don't know what to think because most of the guys that took a polygraph get notified at the spot. Should I call the hiring center or just wait?

Thank you in advance

Comment

I don't think anyone knows...

Comment

Ya sorry to say I'd have to agree with azactus42, the line for the poly and BI is tremendous. I assume since just about every applicant is in line for it at this exact moment. Although in this process stranger things have happened, so you never know. I can tell you from experience don't get to riled up with this process bc it will drive you nuts. Just hit the gym and keep your eyes open for emails regarding CBP steps and go on with your life. It's the best advice I can give you. Just take a look at my timeline and how long I've been waiting. Im sure your process will not take as long as mine. i was just unlucky and have a lot of family outside the US that definitely slowed down my process. It was also unfortunate I wasn't called earlier for a poly, now I'm in a long line waiting with everybody else. Granted everybody is different, but if you haven't taken the poly yet I'd say your chances aren't good for January. The next class could be a week after the first January class or a month later. It all depends on the needs of CBP. Although I do expect the classes to be often not months apart.
              Last edited by Rms16; 10-23-2012, 11:26 PM.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• fingers crossed for January class, today just got my bi and poly finally cleared took about month and half for poly and took my background last august yes 2011!! took a year to get my poly scheduled.

anyone else in the position i am in if so how long did it take to get call from when you received your last check mark? Im so excited when i saw that check today but like everyone else getting all riled up for a check mark isnt best idea seeing excitement gets killed with months of waiting for next step to begin.
                BPA
                GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                TSL:12/10-Check
                ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                BI:8/11-Check
                DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                POLY:9/5/12-Check
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Just a heads up read on Delphi that the guy that just got the call for Detroit didn't take a poly. I thought everybody had to after August? I mean heard of a few slipping through right before the August self imposed deadline of switching to mandatory, but this is months after that. Just goes to show you this process is completely unpredictable! I guess IA and MHC don't necessarily need everybody to take the poly till the official 2013 deadline.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who would like to workout I've been having some trouble staying motivated and I could use a workout partner and the support

Comment

• Originally posted by FTStatic View Post
                      Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who would like to workout I've been having some trouble staying motivated and I could use a workout partner and the support
                      Wish I could help you out ftstatic, but I'm on the other side of the country lol.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

I doubt that.

Last year they hired roughly 1300 people and held classes roughly every two weeks.

This year, keeping up with an attrition rate of roughly 4%, they'd need to hire roughly 800 people. With 48 trainees to a class, that's roughly 17 classes. Mid-January to the end of FY13(Sept. 30th) is roughly 34 weeks.

17 classes spaced out over 34 weeks is roughly a class every two weeks.

Of course, that's just a WAG, but it's more or less a SWAG.

Now throw in what might be an impending sequestration and hiring freeze and all guesses get tossed out the window. Most anything potentially goes at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          I doubt that.

Last year they hired roughly 1300 people and held classes roughly every two weeks.

This year, keeping up with an attrition rate of roughly 4%, they'd need to hire roughly 800 people. With 48 trainees to a class, that's roughly 17 classes. Mid-January to the end of FY13(Sept. 30th) is roughly 34 weeks.

17 classes spaced out over 34 weeks is roughly a class every two weeks.

Of course, that's just a WAG, but it's more or less a SWAG.

Now throw in what might be an impending sequestration and hiring freeze and all guesses get tossed out the window. Most anything potentially goes at that point.
                          800 people to hire huh. is that for all regions? anyone know how many applicants there are? im hope I sure hope im part of that 800!!
                          BPA
                          GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                          WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                          TSL:12/10-Check
                          ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                          MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                          BI:8/11-Check
                          DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                          POLY:9/5/12-Check
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Thanks for the link Firebug.
                            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                              800 people to hire huh. is that for all regions? anyone know how many applicants there are? im hope I sure hope im part of that 800!!
                              As I said...that's a guess based on keeping pace with attrition.
                              Once things move along in the new FY I would expect more of the current hiring plan to be revealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                                fingers crossed for January class, today just got my bi and poly finally cleared took about month and half for poly and took my background last august yes 2011!! took a year to get my poly scheduled.

anyone else in the position i am in if so how long did it take to get call from when you received your last check mark? Im so excited when i saw that check today but like everyone else getting all riled up for a check mark isnt best idea seeing excitement gets killed with months of waiting for next step to begin.
                                Did you meet your BI(s) yet?
                                What screen dooes your cass show?
                                CBPO
                                Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                                Geo: SWB
                                Qual: Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                                BI: Pending
                                VBT/SI: Passed
                                Drug Test: Passed
                                Poly: 9/10/12
                                PFT2: ?
                                The Call: 10/29/12
                                EOD: Dec 3
                                Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9193 users online. 517 members and 8676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X