Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if the push ups that you are required to pass in the academy are counted using the same 4 inch block used for the PFT 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayhos View Post
      Bees, I've got the same situation with my background as you...but you still got called? I'm waiting for Detroit myself...scored 100. I just had to redo my EQip (update) and I'm getting mixed answers about the polygraph. I was referred to scheduling back in Nov, but everything got reset becasue the background had to get updated. They just told me today that you need a poly before the PFT2...no rhyme or reason as usual I guess.

Bees isn't saying he got the call, if you go to Delphi forums and look in the section "I got the job" you will see a new post of somebody getting the call for Detroit and their fletc date of 11/10/13. I think a few people may have mis-read what bees posted.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        -At the very least 5 years... unless you find someone "crazy" enough to swap with you.
        -You'll start at whatever GS you qualified for (5/7) with locality for the port you're assigned to. You are paid from the first day you get to your port (EOD) and that is what you will earn for the majority of your 1st year until you are cleared to work OT (approximately 2 months post academy training).
        Hey yoda, thanks for your help.

Wow.. 5 years... Thats something to think about! So lets assume Ill start as a GS7 at any port on the SWB, to have an idea, how much would that be in numbers ($)?
        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
          Hey yoda, thanks for your help.

Wow.. 5 years... Thats something to think about! So lets assume Ill start as a GS7 at any port on the SWB, to have an idea, how much would that be in numbers ($)?
          http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/indexGS.asp

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            I just recieved a Med update email stating that they need more information about my VA service connected disability, and I need to go to my doctor and have them sign off on it.

Anyone been through this and know how long it takes?
            Thanks
            Hi FF. I had to do medical follow up too. It was due back to them on 9/12 and it showed cleared in CASS on 10/4.
            CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
            Application: 3/26/12
            Exam: 4/27/12
            NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
            TSL1: 6/12/12
            TSL2: 6/13/12
            Fingerprints: 6/19/12
            Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
            PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
            VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
            Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
            Drug test: ?
            Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
            PFT2: ?
            Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
              Hi FF. I had to do medical follow up too. It was due back to them on 9/12 and it showed cleared in CASS on 10/4.
              Guys, can you tell me if you received the medical follow up by normal mail or e-mail?

Thanks!
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:12/10
              TSl: 5/11
              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
              Met BI:1/12
              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
              Qual:cleared 3/12
              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                Bees isn't saying he got the call, if you go to Delphi forums and look in the section "I got the job" you will see a new post of somebody getting the call for Detroit and their fletc date of 11/10/13. I think a few people may have mis-read what bees posted.
                I got so excited I misread it, lol but either way it's a good sign for everyone....
                CBPO SWB
                Application: 3/28/12
                Exam: 4/26/12
                NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                TSL: 6/12/12
                TSL2: 6/13/12
                Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                  I got so excited I misread it, lol but either way it's a good sign for everyone....
                  You're right it is a good sign. At this point though for me new Fletc dates dont mean jack until I get the call for a poly. My medical green check should go back to pending soon as its good for one year and 10/21/12 was my year mark. Hope I get the poly call soon, the last thing I want is to be stuck in the never ending loop of re-certification for my already completed steps. I don't even check Cass every Tuesday and Thursday anymore, what's the point right? Am I starting to sound a little bitter? Haha
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    You're right it is a good sign. At this point though for me new Fletc dates dont mean jack until I get the call for a poly. My medical green check should go back to pending soon as its good for one year and 10/21/12 was my year mark. Hope I get the poly call soon, the last thing I want is to be stuck in the never ending loop of re-certification for my already completed steps. I don't even check Cass every Tuesday and Thursday anymore, what's the point right? Am I starting to sound a little bitter? Haha
                    I know what you mean. My medical one yr mark was sometime in Aug. I called to see if i could just go ahead and do the recert and they said no. I guess you have to wait until you are ready to go into TSU before they say "stop, do not pass go". It just adds unnecessary time imo. After two yrs you have to do the entire medical process over again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by heaven192
                      has anyone else noticed the the newsletter that accessed from CASS no longer has the "classes tentatively scheduled for January" box anymore? getting a little concerned now, but it can be taken as good or bad.

Just accessed the newsletter, and it was still there, bottom of page 6, where it outlines the pft-2. CBP will probably be hiring even if sequestration happens, but lots less then otherwise. Attrition alone warrants hiring even when no new postings are funded.

Hopefully, after these elections are over, congress can get its act together and pass a bill before, or even fairly close to January.

haha i swear i went on there the other day and it wasn't there, guess i need to get my eyes checked. lol. i scanned that whole thing like 10 times. i agree that CBP will still be hiring just hope we can be included, but agree congress needs to get their act together.
                      Last edited by heaven192; 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                        Guys, can you tell me if you received the medical follow up by normal mail or e-mail?

Thanks!
                        Mine was emailed to me.
                        It was pretty straight forward they tell you what type of doctor to see, and give you a form for them to the doctor to sign that says you are medically cabapable or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post

Thanks!
                          by email. it was a password protected pdf with the information needed. I just checked cass and mine final was accepted! woohoo, two to go! (DT/BI)
                          CBPO
                          App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                          Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                          ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                          APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                          PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                          Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                          Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Hello all,
                            I am just now joining this forum. I have read through since the beginning to catch up and some of you have been in the process for an awful long time. I applied for CBPO back in March, just as soon as I graduated from U.S. Army AIT. So far, I guess I am doing well in the process but I am so anxious to move on to the next step until I receive an official job offer.

Timeline:
                            3/29/12 - Received my Admission test reminder
                            4/19/12 - Took written test in Dulles Virginia
                            5/25/12 - Received NOR (Scored 90)
                            7/6/12 - Received a notice telling me to stay in shape
                            8/29/12 - Received Tentative Selection for Central/East Coast
                            8/31/12 - Received TSL packet with e-QIP forms
                            9/17/12 - Received a pre-employment appointment request for medical and physical
                            (Received the appointment confirmation the same day)
                            9/20/12 - Took the first PFT1 and medical exam
                            9/30 - 10/6 - sometime that week, I received a letter to do my VBT/SI, which is scheduled for Oct. 25, 2012.

This is as far as I have come in the hiring process. My fitness, qualifications, and medical are the only thins that have cleared in CASS. Everything else is pending. I heard the SWB is the fastest hiring location because of need of people, but I don't think I'm doing too bad with Central/East Coast preference. I am anxious and nervous for this VBT though. I'm only nervous because I can't prepare myself for it and there is no way to find out details about it before hand because of a form that you have to sign.

Comment

• If I have not taken my BI and polygraph yet, how likely do you think it will be for me to get in the January academy.My background is clean and I have nothing to hide, but since it is October and I am just now taking the VBT/SI, I'm hoping they will not take forever on the BI.

MHC also sent me another e-mail to stay in shape for the PFT2. I received that e-mail yesterday (10/16/12). I don't know if that means anything or not.

I got an e-mail on the 16th about staying fit for the PFT2. Then I received another e-mail from HR saying that they needed a copy of my official transcripts and they apologized that it could delay my process trying to get them. Luckily, I had an extra one on hand that I never opened. So I caught the mail man and sent it out today. They also attached a letter to the e-mail letting me know of my current status and what happens next.

I'm still hoping for the January 2013 class.

I mentioned before that I have my VBT coming up, which is in two days. Today though, I got a call to set up an appt. for a Pre-Employment Appointment. So, I have to do that tomorrow. They said they are going to send a kit to the appt. location.

I thought the only things I had left to do was the VBT/SI, Drug screening and BI. So, does anyone know what this pre-employment appointment is about?

Also, since I had transcripts on hand to prove my education, I checked CASS and saw qualifications checked off.

Sorry to post so much, but I couldn't post anything before.

Comment

• Cruze, you definitely seem to be moving fast. I think we took the test at the same time at the Dulles location. Are you a female by any chance? Just wondering why yours is moving a lot faster.

I was at Dulles airport last week and talk to one of the CBPOs there and was told that they really need people at that location. Maybe you will clear everything and end up working there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5495 users online. 242 members and 5253 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X