300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    Hey guys, I am new to this forum and seem to be a bit behind alot of you. I took the CBP test in New York NY for the Central Eastern District on 4/25/12. My grade was an 82 which i heard is actually not bad considering the difficulty of the test. I uploaded all of the necessary documents so now im just waiting. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the chances are that i get a TSL. In the mean time im pursuing my masters so i guess there isnt that much of a rush but i am really looking forward to getting into the workforce. If you guys can help me with this i really would appreciate it.
    you just sit and wait. If sequestration happens January 2nd then no one may be getting hired. 3400 CBPO and 3400 BP will get layed off. Check on my link i posted on this page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
      ! I just hope it's really the one in January ill go by what the cbpo newsletter
      I hope so too. There are a lot of people that have been in the pipeline for awhile and deserve a spot here. This place would also get really boring by the time we're close to graduation if there are no more new classes coming in!
      BPA
      Written (87) 11/29/10
      NOR 12/3/10
      TSL1 07/26/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      PT 08/22/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      OB 09/13/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
      Written (79) 12/07/10
      NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
      NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
      TSL1 06/14/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      Medical and PT 08/22/11
      VBT/SI 08/26/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/21/12
      EOD 08/13/12
      FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• How we got hired just to get fired!

Hope they come up with a plan by January.
        CBP: CBPO
        EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
          you just sit and wait. If sequestration happens January 2nd then no one may be getting hired. 3400 CBPO and 3400 BP will get layed off. Check on my link i posted on this page.
          Wow, I didn't know you could still be laid off as a CBPO or BPA once hired. What will it take for sequestration to occur? Which ever presidential candidate would avoid such to occur gets my vote!

Comment

• both want to cut funding.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
              Usually after the VBT you will get called in and speak with two or three CBP supervisors and they will ask you questions. Ensure you wear your best suit and take it serious.
              Thanks! I certainly will absolutely take every phase and process seriously in this endeavor. I recently passed the PFT1. But I know thats just a miniscule phase in this long and stringent hiring process. I know the hardest phase is yet to come.

Can anyone better prepare themselves for the VBT/SI? I know its not based on if you have LE experience or not, instead from what I have heard/read it is more or less a measure of your maturity, aptitude, situational judgement, confidence in answers etc.

I rather be prepared than not be prepared. Anything to be nervous about in this phase? During the SI, do they already know who you are? (Will the people interviewing you have your SF86?), and will they know what you scored on your written test, or how you did on your PFT1 etc?

Do they ask personal questions, or are the questions just based on their guidelines of questions that are to be asked of all CBPO candidates?

Thanks
              Last edited by DEFENSELEO; 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DEFENSELEO View Post
                Thanks! I certainly will absolutely take every phase and process seriously in this endeavor. I recently passed the PFT1. But I know thats just a miniscule phase in this long and stringent hiring process. I know the hardest phase is yet to come.

Can anyone better prepare themselves for the VBT/SI? I know its not based on if you have LE experience or not, instead from what I have heard/read it is more or less a measure of your maturity, aptitude, situational judgement, confidence in answers etc.

I rather be prepared than not be prepared. Anything to be nervous about in this phase? During the SI, do they already know who you are? (Will the people interviewing you have your SF86?), and will they know what you scored on your written test, or how you did on your PFT1 etc?

Do they ask personal questions, or are the questions just based on their guidelines of questions that are to be asked of all CBPO candidates?

Thanks
                no there is nothing you can do to prepare for it. No one can tell you about the VBT either because we sign an agreement to never tell anyone what is on it.

No they will not have your SF86 or any info on you other than they watched the video tape to decide to interview you or not. Its just a few questions they ask you. Don't worry about it.

Comment

• If you pass the entry-level exam, will you eventually get a TSL1, even if its years later?

If you don't get as TSL1 in a certain period of time, will they kick you out of the applicant pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                    If you pass the entry-level exam, will you eventually get a TSL1, even if its years later?

If you don't get as TSL1 in a certain period of time, will they kick you out of the applicant pool?
                    What was your score and when did you take the written?

Comment

• i got an 82 on the test and am registered for the central eastern location. i took my test on April 25th in New York, NY. Do you think i will get selected??
                      CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                      Geo: Central/East
                      NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                      TSL:11/1/12
                      Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                      Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                      Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                      VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                      Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                      Met BI: 5/29/13
                      TSU: 6/13/13
                      Drug Test:6/12/13
                      PFT 2:
                      EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                        i got an 82 on the test and am registered for the central eastern location. i took my test on April 25th in New York, NY. Do you think i will get selected??
                        You chose a very difficult area to get into. On the announcement it said they expect the majority of hiring to be in the South West. It will most likely be atleast a year probably longer till you hear anything. Just my opinion.

You can change your geographical choice if you want, and you will most likely start the process. Look at my timeline for South West Border for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                          If you pass the entry-level exam, will you eventually get a TSL1, even if its years later?

There are many variables that come into play on this....
                          -Score
                          -Geo Location
                          -Amount of applicants for that specific region

If you scored in the 70's to low 80's for a region that is not the SWB your wait time or chances to getting a TSL will be LOW. Your score is good for 1 year and you can extend it for another year.
                          TSL's are sent out in score order and according to available slots for the region... So, 50 slots and 500 applicants for a region... you can do the math. Especially if you take into account those with Vet Pref that get a 5 point boost to their score. Then when a new open period comes up for that region, all the new applicants with higher score than you will get a shot at the new slots...
                          I'd advice that if you scored that low and want a specific region that is not the SWB you should retest (studying of course) so that you can get a better shot... or simply change to the SWB and plan on sticking with that geo for 5 to 10 years.

Hope this helped...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bees View Post
                            Hi EASF, do you mind telling me what state you live in? I'm in California, but still have not received a poly call. My friend received one on the 15th as well.
                            Hello Bees, I live in New York. Looking at your signature, and comparing it to my timeline (I guess) you may get the call soon.. Keep in mind this hiring process is very random..
                            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• I had my VBT last Fri (OCT 19) It was very easy if you ask me. After the VBT I was told to sit in a waiting room..waited 1hr and 37 mins and was then invited for a SI. Now the letter I got in the mail said "The VBT will be considered the SI" so the moral of this story is prepare for a SI even if you are told you won't get one. I'm sure I did good they told me to expect my results in 3-4 weeks. Now all thats left for me is the Poly and drug test..hopefully my chances are still good to be in this already packed Jan class.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                                I had my VBT last Fri (OCT 19) It was very easy if you ask me. After the VBT I was told to sit in a waiting room..waited 1hr and 37 mins and was then invited for a SI. Now the letter I got in the mail said "The VBT will be considered the SI" so the moral of this story is prepare for a SI even if you are told you won't get one. I'm sure I did good they told me to expect my results in 3-4 weeks. Now all thats left for me is the Poly and drug test..hopefully my chances are still good to be in this already packed Jan class.
                                Don't expect to be in a January class, if there even is one, if you havent done the poly yet. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for IA to receive the results and then your background has to be adjudicated. If you haven't met with a BI yet, even longer. Don't want you to get your hopes up and quit your current job or something drastic like that.

As far as I know there is no packed class for January and they may not even have any classes due to the approaching Jan 2 sequestration. If Congress doesn't get of its rear end and do something then it may be pretty gloomy for anyone that is a current government employee right now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13470 users online. 476 members and 12994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X