300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    If you qualified as a 7, you begin as a 7-1... For pay-match to go into effect you can't factor in the locality pay you get with your current job or any other incentives. GS6-3 is about $1,000 less than GS-7. So... as to your assumption that no one can be allowed with higher pay, we have a recent grad in our port that went through the academy as a GS7-10 because of his prior federal employment. That one can be thrown out the window. The academy is 19 weeks if you don't need Spanish, you will get locality pay for the region your port is located not where you're at right now, and as mentioned before any agency bonuses you get right now are not factored in. You will not be able to make OT for at least 2-3 months after you come back from the academy, as you have to be certified to do so after some post academy training.
    What you need to do is to think about where the job will lead you instead of what you're not getting right off the bat... as in you'll be a GS12 3 years into the job! Sacrificing for a little while won't be that bad. A year into it you'll be a GS9 making more than what you make now.

Best of luck!
    It wasn't my question Yoda, but thank you so much for your explanation. In my waiting time, always ask my self if it will be a good decision in jumping to CBP, and the answer is YES. will be hard at the beginning but better for the future.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Pay matching and pay retention...

http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/HTML/grade_retention.asp

http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/HTML/Grad...tention_EX.asp

See also 5 CFR Part 536

Generally, pay matching/pay retention is only mandated when the new job is a result of a management action, I.E. not a move you initiated/applied for. Back in the days of FCIP hires, pretty much everyone was offered either pay matching/pay retention...because an FCIP appointment was considered a "management action". These days, fewer people see pay matching...fewer still see pay retention.

Comment

• If I recall, I took my CBP exam back in Aug 2008. Is this normal? Is there anybody on the same boat with me? Everything is green in CASS except BI: "pending" "Your case is in the security office". That would be my 2nd BI which was done june or july 2011.
        Last edited by mac&cheese; 10-17-2012, 11:21 AM. Reason: Did not include important Info

Comment

• Took my polygraph twice and was told I passed both times, does anyone know if you get n email or a letter confirming the results? Hopefully ill be one of the lucky ones to get a call soon but I have yet to meet with my BI! Urghh!!!
          CBPO SWB
          Application: 3/28/12
          Exam: 4/26/12
          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
          TSL: 6/12/12
          TSL2: 6/13/12
          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
            Took my polygraph twice and was told I passed both times, does anyone know if you get n email or a letter confirming the results? Hopefully ill be one of the lucky ones to get a call soon but I have yet to meet with my BI! Urghh!!!
            If you pass you do not get any verification. I called IA about 6 weeks after I took poly and they had my results and told me I passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just saw that I have all green check marks! however, I have not met with a background investigator nor have any of my references have been contacted yet... how is that possible?
              I hate you....just kidding....yeah that doesnt make any sense whatsoever considering I already passed my poly AND I had a cleared background from last year and still no green check on Background. Its all I am waiting on....Could be a clerical error on their part or if you took and passed the poly maybe they are going off of that to start gearing up for EODs for the academy.

Let us know what happens and I will do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac&cheese View Post
                If I recall, I took my CBP exam back in Aug 2008. Is this normal? Is there anybody on the same boat with me? Everything is green in CASS except BI: "pending" "Your case is in the security office". That would be my 2nd BI which was done june or july 2011.
                What is your geographical preference?
                Gek.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the poly is given at the end of the BI or does it even matter because my BI has been in the security office since Feb and I have green checks for everything else but I haven't got a call yet about a poly and I've been seeing other people who have just tested getting pushed through

Comment

• same thing happened to me then i was contacted by my BI ery shortly after
                    Originally posted by Baha View Post
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just saw that I have all green check marks! however, I have not met with a background investigator nor have any of my references have been contacted yet... how is that possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by heaven192 View Post
                      same thing happened to me then i was contacted by my BI ery shortly after
                      this is a very strange process

Comment

If I recall, I took my CBP exam back in Aug 2008. Is this normal? Is there anybody on the same boat with me? Everything is green in CASS except BI: "pending" "Your case is in the security office". That would be my 2nd BI which was done june or july 2011.
                        The answer to your question is yes! I took the exam in Mar 2008. I did my second BI in May of this year.
                        Written Test: 3/08
                        NOR: 4/08
                        TO: 4/08
                        Medical: 4/08
                        Fitness: 6/08
                        VBT: 6/08
                        Met with investigator: 10/08
                        Received NOPA: 11/08
                        Won appeal: 3/09
                        TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                        New fitness: 7/28/09
                        Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• I have a former BP guy in my class who was a journeyman. CBP brought him in at GS-7 step 10. I can't see how pay matching would be for you if you are at GS-6. Even at step 3. Even with bringing him in at GS-7 step 10, he lost almost 15 grand in salary. Location, location, location!

Comment

Got me beat i tested 12/2010, still waiting on my BI green check as well. I haven't even been called for a poly yet. I'm coming up on the year mark for my medical and have to re-certify. It's only a form I have to fill out, but how long will I have to wait till I get that form? Who knows? I'm sure while I wait I'll be passed for open spots, but that only matters if I have all my green checks and I'm sure ill still be waiting for my BI. My adjudicator has only had my BI for over year now, no big deal right? Haha. IA said it was assigned to an adjudicator in 9/2011. All you can really do is just keep waiting, hoping and staying fit. Keep your head up though, our time will come.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• MIA
                              I believe port

Comment

• Thanks. Its good to know I am not alone in this journey. Wish you the best

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7256 users online. 387 members and 6869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X