300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    this is just my personal opinion on the matter, but if i were to bail out at the last minute, the reasons would be:

-living in some sh*thole on the southwest border for a few years
    -poor living conditions and neighborhoods
    -inhaling exhaust fumes

now i wouldn't mind working in an airport, but i guess you have to put in time and compete for an slot in another state.
    lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
      Just got my poly scheduled. Things are clipping along at lightspeed, after that all I have is a Drug Test and all steps will be complete.
      Congrats bro!! Inspiration for us all! Study hard.. lol

Comment

• Pt1 & vbt

I took the PT1 last Monday and Saturday I received a letter scheduling my VBT. Does this mean I passed the PT1? I am only asking because I had a hard time with the 50lb weight lift, I'm not sure if I completed them within 60 seconds. And before anyone badgers me about that I am a female 5'1 123lbs and no upper body strength- which I am working on. When I look on CASS everything says pending...

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefulbean View Post
          I took the PT1 last Monday and Saturday I received a letter scheduling my VBT. Does this mean I passed the PT1? I am only asking because I had a hard time with the 50lb weight lift, I'm not sure if I completed them within 60 seconds. And before anyone badgers me about that I am a female 5'1 123lbs and no upper body strength- which I am working on. When I look on CASS everything says pending...
          I think the PT1 and VBT are separate procedures. I read somewhere that about 6 weeks after your TSL2, the VBT will be scheduled. So it will come no matter if you passed the PFT1 or not. You could possibly ask the test administrator who gave you the test about the time you finished your lift test. My test administrator showed me all my testing and her counting results. You could also track and see if the FedEx package that contains your material has been delivered to MHC, if you had written down the tracking number. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
            I knew it, urgggg. I took my PFT 1 on the 9th and passed it with flying colors. When the examineer scored my side step test he did not counted the center line and I scored a 7, which is a 0 score. I went back to the testing location to explain the examineer the mistake he made, and he stated he did it right. I sent a complaint letter to both CHS medical and CBP explaining my experience with the testing center. I wonder how many people he graded using his own guidelines.
            A short while ago, when I asked question about side step, Merlin posted a link for Test Administrator Instructions which I think is extremely helpful. It also showed a diagram for the way it is counted (and yes, the center line should be counted). I think it's better for you to bring this instructions to your test administrator and ask him to correct your result before the package is sent out to MHC. That way, you'll have less hassle to go through.

Here's the link from Merlin. Hope this is still in time for you.

http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitn...structions.pdf
            Last edited by helenyoung; 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know if CBP officers are receiving their yearly GS increases or is that included in the pay freeze?
              GEO: Illinois
              Test: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
              PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
              FT1: 2/20/2012
              Equip: 3/29/2012
              VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
              BI:11/22/2012
              Medical: 3/14/2012
              Poly: 10/18/2012
              Drug Test: Not Scheduled
              PFT2:

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
                Anyone know if CBP officers are receiving their yearly GS increases or is that included in the pay freeze?
                The pay freeze is only on regional pay or "COLA"... it's been frozen at 2010 rates. Pay grade is not affected by this, you still go up yearly up to Journeyman and steps.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Can someone tell me how long the academy is? I'm seeing so many different time frames.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                    Can someone tell me how long the academy is? I'm seeing so many different time frames.
                    Go to WWW.CBP.GOV

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                      Can someone tell me how long the academy is? I'm seeing so many different time frames.
                      Not sure where you're getting confused but here it is.... 19 weeks if you don't have to take Spanish
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Specifically, it's 89 training days.

The academy isn't static though, it's fluid. It changes based on the desires and whims of CBP. Maybe that's what you've.noticed. Off the top of my head there has been multiple revisions and versions of academies over the last decade or so.

Comment

• Let's see if today brings good news.....

Comment

• Our efforts may sometimes seem futile and we may feel completely unqualified, but we must continue - we have been "approved by God!" Our love and encouragement toward others may appear to have minimal effect, but a small nudge today can cause a lifetime of change. An offer of prayer can give renewed hope, and a simple testimony of God's faithfulness in times of trial can soften a heart to the saving gospel of Jesus.

Comment

• Just got called for the poly from a blocked number. 10/22 is the day

Comment

• How long did you have to wait to get the call for your poly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6890 users online. 368 members and 6522 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X