Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in there guys, things should get rolling again soon.
    This career is worth the pre-employment stress.
    CBPO
    TO:04/01/11
    EOD: 08/22/11
    FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Hey everyone I've been in the customs process for a few months now. I took my test and applied for the SWB with a mid 80's score. I have passed the interview and fitness test. Has anyone else not received an email for the EQUP/ Background yet? I know at least 5 other people that have completed it and got it before they did the interview or fitness test.

Comment

• Took my 2nd poly Friday, and once again was told I passed! Hopefully that's it for me and my BI will contact me soon so I can make it to the academy in Jan. for everyone else, I hope you all get the poly call soon. As far as the process of the poly, just keep it simple, stay relaxed, answer all the questions and follow directions!
        CBPO SWB
        Application: 3/28/12
        Exam: 4/26/12
        NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
        TSL: 6/12/12
        TSL2: 6/13/12
        Eqip: clear 6/28/12
        Fingerprint: 6/22/12
        PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
        Quals: GS7 8/28/12
        PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
        Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
        VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
        Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
        Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
        Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
          pn3karr, I share the feeling about the military. I thought the same thing when I was in, but man, military beaurocracy has nothing on the fed government. I don't get as frustrated anymore though, I have been trying for waaay too long.

To offer another prospective, only the people that stick with it to the end will get in. By the time they call you and me, say in a year or two, most of the people ahead of us (over 100 points) might have moved on to other things, other jobs, or have families and don't want to move etc. So it is not as bad as it might seem right now.

Back to the topic, I recieved my second email from MHC, with eqip request today. No word on next tests, so I am waiting.
          I know.. just tired of constant state of waiting for so many things. I know that is no the way we were meant to live.. lol but we do

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
            Took my 2nd poly Friday, and once again was told I passed! Hopefully that's it for me and my BI will contact me soon so I can make it to the academy in Jan. for everyone else, I hope you all get the poly call soon. As far as the process of the poly, just keep it simple, stay relaxed, answer all the questions and follow directions!
            Congrats.. should be getting close.. Weird.. I have taken drug test but not poly.. guess one of us is moving bass ackwards

Comment

• I have a question regarding the PFT 1. When performing the side step test, does the examineer must count the center line as well or only the outside lines. Please let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
                I have a question regarding the PFT 1. When performing the side step test, does the examineer must count the center line as well or only the outside lines. Please let me know
                The middle line is counted. In my opinion the side step is the easiest part of the pft 1.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many people are in the classes for the academy?

Comment

• I knew it, urgggg. I took my PFT 1 on the 9th and passed it with flying colors. When the examineer scored my side step test he did not counted the center line and I scored a 7, which is a 0 score. I went back to the testing location to explain the examineer the mistake he made, and he stated he did it right. I sent a complaint letter to both CHS medical and CBP explaining my experience with the testing center. I wonder how many people he graded using his own guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                      Does anyone know how many people are in the classes for the academy?
                      That depends on the size of the class.

Usually, it's 48. Sometimes, it's 24. Infrequently, it's some other number.

Those are the numbers of scheduled seats for a class. Often people cancel at the last minute or fail to show up, so many classes end up starting out with less than 100% filled chairs.

Comment

• How do people get so far into the academy and decide to cancel is beyond me...
                        tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                        NOR-11/11
                        TSL- 11/17/11
                        pft1- 12/8/11
                        Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                        Qual- completed 3/12
                        Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                        S I-completed 3/12
                        Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                        Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                        Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                        Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                        new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Got a letter for my VBT and SI yesterday. Feels like my process is moving good for my GEO.
                          "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                            Got a letter for my VBT and SI yesterday. Feels like my process is moving good for my GEO.
                            I have the same GEO as yours, and I just got my TSL2 yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                              How do people get so far into the academy and decide to cancel is beyond me...
                              This is just my personal opinion on the matter, but if I were to bail out at the last minute, the reasons would be:

-Living in some sh*thole on the southwest border for a few years
                              -Poor living conditions and neighborhoods
                              -Inhaling exhaust fumes

Now I wouldn't mind working in an airport, but I guess you have to put in time and compete for an slot in another state.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Just got my poly scheduled. Things are clipping along at lightspeed, after that all I have is a Drug Test and all steps will be complete.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5097 users online. 290 members and 4807 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X