Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
    That's my whole "POINT" I have 4 yrs navy and 3 yrs in the National Guard all honorable discharge and a bachelor's degree, I completed the the entire process even passing the poly the process took about 5 months then I got an email saying I am in pool of candidates waiting for future classes, then a letter in the mail pretty much saying NO THANK YOU and we encourage you to re apply after a year when I did call to find out why the lead recruiter said other applicants had military so was like I have military, then he said well some had degrees then I said I have a bachelor's degree then he said well others had law enforcement background.......SMH
    Yeah its funny how are Government claims they want to hire vets, yet the govt turns a vet down, especially after passing all the requirements.

    Comment


    • Hello everyone, Just wandering about how long it took some of you guys to get scheduled for the PFT and medical after receiving the TSL2? I dont anticipate problems for either really, but I will be changing current jobs shortly and am hoping I can get my work as much info as possible. Its been a month since I got the tsl and havent heard anything about medical, should I be looking for a phone call, letter, or email detailing instructions?

      Also to any current cbo officers out there, from my understanding, the cbp has an intelligence unit. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about this? My job while I was in the AF was dealing with intelligence, and I was wandering about possibly getting into such a cbp office after the initial duty station.
      CBPO:
      Test- 05/12
      NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
      TSL1/2-08/12
      PFT1/Med-09/12
      VBT/SI-10/12
      Poly-11/12
      BI-12/12
      TSU-01/24/13
      1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

      OCSO:
      Applied- 06/12
      PFT-07/12
      CJBAT- 12/12
      Panel Interview- 01/13
      BI- in process

      FBI
      Phase two: probably never

      Comment


      • How is everybody? I just wanted to know about how long is taking the SW applicants to get contacted for the poly. I met with my Investigator mid-July 2011 and still have not heard anything for my poly. I am scared of budget cuts and then being caught on limbo for who knows how long...It already happened once and had to re-do everything. Just a ball park estimate would be enough. Thank you.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lmbb View Post
          How is everybody? I just wanted to know about how long is taking the SW applicants to get contacted for the poly. I met with my Investigator mid-July 2011 and still have not heard anything for my poly. I am scared of budget cuts and then being caught on limbo for who knows how long...It already happened once and had to re-do everything. Just a ball park estimate would be enough. Thank you.
          No one can truthfully tell you. This entire process is just a roll of the dice. Just answer all calls and keep checking your email.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by payniel View Post
            Hello everyone, Just wandering about how long it took some of you guys to get scheduled for the PFT and medical after receiving the TSL2? I dont anticipate problems for either really, but I will be changing current jobs shortly and am hoping I can get my work as much info as possible. Its been a month since I got the tsl and havent heard anything about medical, should I be looking for a phone call, letter, or email detailing instructions?

            Also to any current cbo officers out there, from my understanding, the cbp has an intelligence unit. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about this? My job while I was in the AF was dealing with intelligence, and I was wandering about possibly getting into such a cbp office after the initial duty station.
            Prior AF experience is not a qualifier for this... you will have to put in your time 5-7 years on the job acquiring the necessary skills and experience to get a shot at a TDY and get a good "sponsor" to back you up. It will also depend on your POE needs... cause if they're short handed a TDY to for this kind of work most likely won't be approved. Once you get on board you'll find out more.

            Best of Luck!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • Hey, I've been in TSU since early 2009... had my BO completed in 2009 and again for a second time in the end of 2011. After that, I logged into CASS and had all green check marks. I thought they were good for 2 years? I just happened to log into CASS again yesterday and saw my green check mark for my background investigation went back to "pending" and in the security office after it was initially cleared 10 months ago. Why is that???

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                Hey, I've been in TSU since early 2009... had my BO completed in 2009 and again for a second time in the end of 2011. After that, I logged into CASS and had all green check marks. I thought they were good for 2 years? I just happened to log into CASS again yesterday and saw my green check mark for my background investigation went back to "pending" and in the security office after it was initially cleared 10 months ago. Why is that???
                My guess is you might have to take the polygraph, grab a snicker and join the long list of applicants in line for the poly :-)
                Last edited by CTM045; 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                  How is everybody? I just wanted to know about how long is taking the SW applicants to get contacted for the poly. I met with my Investigator mid-July 2011 and still have not heard anything for my poly. I am scared of budget cuts and then being caught on limbo for who knows how long...It already happened once and had to re-do everything. Just a ball park estimate would be enough. Thank you.
                  Imbb I met my investigator end of july as well. I was told around the end of July that my BI was being forwarded to be scheduled for a poly. It is now Oct and I'm still waiting for that call. Oct 21st my med expires and MHC told me when I called in July that is the only thing I have to worry about expiring. I seriously doubt that now, bc I'm sure they thought by now I'd be polyed and waiting for QC to give it the ok. The VBT, BI and I think fitness test all expire after 2 years. I'm not 100% sure about the fitness test. Hopefully we get the poly call soon. You would figure that since we have been waiting for our BI to clear for so long that we would have been given priority over the newer applicants. I mean its definetly irritating that people that tested in 2012 have received a poly before me.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

                  NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                  PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                    Hey, I've been in TSU since early 2009... had my BO completed in 2009 and again for a second time in the end of 2011. After that, I logged into CASS and had all green check marks. I thought they were good for 2 years? I just happened to log into CASS again yesterday and saw my green check mark for my background investigation went back to "pending" and in the security office after it was initially cleared 10 months ago. Why is that???
                    That suxxxxxx! You crushed my motivation.. lol Here I am pitying myself that I've been stuck in limbo for over a year.. what a wacky system.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Imbb I met my investigator end of july as well. I was told around the end of July that my BI was being forwarded to be scheduled for a poly. It is now Oct and I'm still waiting for that call. Oct 21st my med expires and MHC told me when I called in July that is the only thing I have to worry about expiring. I seriously doubt that now, bc I'm sure they thought by now I'd be polyed and waiting for QC to give it the ok. The VBT, BI and I think fitness test all expire after 2 years. I'm not 100% sure about the fitness test. Hopefully we get the poly call soon. You would figure that since we have been waiting for our BI to clear for so long that we would have been given priority over the newer applicants. I mean its definetly irritating that people that tested in 2012 have received a poly before me.

                      Yes, I called Friday and left a message (of course) stating my concern over the rate at which my process has been moving. They called me back and left a message stating that everyone processes at a different speed and if you get stuck with various background investigators, you're screwed.. lol.. just joking about the last part.. no worries.. but one does wonder. Anyhew.. it apparently seems to be based on the length and complexity of one's background I guess.. though it is a bit strange that many who haven't had their backgrounds completed and tested like yesterday have already had their polys.. lol.. hilarious.. The only thing I can figure is that I think I scored in the mid 80s on my test.. maybe those who aced it get head of the line priv and us avg Joes get stuck in the "other" pile.. lol

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                        That suxxxxxx! You crushed my motivation.. lol Here I am pitying myself that I've been stuck in limbo for over a year.. what a wacky system.
                        A wacky system at best. I tested in 2008!! And, I tested under an announcement for "dire needs" locations. Go figure! Best of luck to you though. We could all use a little more luck.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                          Yes, I called Friday and left a message (of course) stating my concern over the rate at which my process has been moving. They called me back and left a message stating that everyone processes at a different speed and if you get stuck with various background investigators, you're screwed.. lol.. just joking about the last part.. no worries.. but one does wonder. Anyhew.. it apparently seems to be based on the length and complexity of one's background I guess.. though it is a bit strange that many who haven't had their backgrounds completed and tested like yesterday have already had their polys.. lol.. hilarious.. The only thing I can figure is that I think I scored in the mid 80s on my test.. maybe those who aced it get head of the line priv and us avg Joes get stuck in the "other" pile.. lol
                          The thing is the score you get on the test means nothing once you get a TSl. From that date on once you have passed everything you get the call according to the date of your TSl. So the score is pretty useless once you get a TSl. I feel that the applicants that have had a lengthy BI end up at the end of the poly line bc the process changed. I know my BI was sitting with an adjudicator when the process changed so that everybody receives a poly before they meet an investigator. So these applicants were sent straight for a poly and then mine ended up in line after everybody else. That's just my theory I could be way off. Either way I called Friday and missed the follow up call. I will be calling again tomorrow. We will see if I get anywhere, I doubt it.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

                          NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                          PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            The thing is the score you get on the test means nothing once you get a TSl. From that date on once you have passed everything you get the call according to the date of your TSl. So the score is pretty useless once you get a TSl. I feel that the applicants that have had a lengthy BI end up at the end of the poly line bc the process changed. I know my BI was sitting with an adjudicator when the process changed so that everybody receives a poly before they meet an investigator. So these applicants were sent straight for a poly and then mine ended up in line after everybody else. That's just my theory I could be way off. Either way I called Friday and missed the follow up call. I will be calling again tomorrow. We will see if I get anywhere, I doubt it.
                            Well then I must be in the exact same boat or rather maybe a few boats behind you.. I have yet to meet with the BI and am still pending a poly as well.. I guess what really messes with me is how simple it would seem to be scheduled for a poly.. I mean what would it take, a phone call or email to the agency conducting it and then an email or call to me?? LOL.. Instead, my "number" is just floating around out there to "when someone gets to it land" aka (the bureaucracy).. The irony is we want to become a part of it and/or have been in the past or currently are. It is great once you are on board but a nightmare when trying to board it.. I remember the same with the military though amazingly and thankfully, it seemed to run with a good deal more efficiancy, thank goodness.

                            Comment


                            • Sorry I haven't been following this thread. Have any 2/16/12 TSL's received a PFT2 or EOD date?

                              Comment


                              • pn3karr, I share the feeling about the military. I thought the same thing when I was in, but man, military beaurocracy has nothing on the fed government. I don't get as frustrated anymore though, I have been trying for waaay too long.

                                To offer another prospective, only the people that stick with it to the end will get in. By the time they call you and me, say in a year or two, most of the people ahead of us (over 100 points) might have moved on to other things, other jobs, or have families and don't want to move etc. So it is not as bad as it might seem right now.

                                Back to the topic, I recieved my second email from MHC, with eqip request today. No word on next tests, so I am waiting.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6541 users online. 350 members and 6191 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X