Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I received a certified letter from DHS a few months ago. It was regarding their desire to cancel my current application process due to my recent credit drop, due to my rental property on the east coast entering into forclosure status (I had tenants mess the place up pretty bad, and subsequently, took many months of legal process, while they were deficient in making payments, to evict them). I submitted my rebuttle and requested IA's understanding of my circumstances. I called frequently requesting an update to my status. After submitting my rebuttle, I didnt hear back with anything. Therefore, I assumed the worst, but was merely hoping for the best.

For the first time in weeks, I randomly checked CASS yesterday. It showed my status as being forwarded onto the scheduling unit for EOD. It was marked as being forwarded on 9/18/12. So it sounds as if I was cleared after all. However, being that I've taken myself out of the CBPO circle for a while now, would someone please update me as to the anticipated time frame expected to wait between this point and actually receiving the call? I fully understand that it could varry...but I am certain that someone out there has some kind of ballpark time frame for me.

Please and thank you,
    V10
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
      The SI is always after the VBT, I cannot say that must be in the same day but usually is. I think some applicants take them in separates days. Good luck...
      I'm a lucky one of the bunch, VBT is sent off for reveiw, so I'll get another appointment if all gos well.
      Just gos to show that the hiring porcess is far from uniform, and until its a concreted YES or NO its up in the air.
      MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Jturs View Post
        oh also my poly agent told me i passed after saying i failed 6 times in a row i think he was prying for more info but to my advantage there wasnt anymore info i put all cards out on table. im still a little worried but he said if i dont hear from him in 2 weeks everything should be fine.

Congrats on passing, best of luck in your pursuit of this position.
        Last edited by 180Degrees; 02-11-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
          So, I received a certified letter from DHS a few months ago. It was regarding their desire to cancel my current application process due to my recent credit drop, due to my rental property on the east coast entering into forclosure status (I had tenants mess the place up pretty bad, and subsequently, took many months of legal process, while they were deficient in making payments, to evict them). I submitted my rebuttle and requested IA's understanding of my circumstances. I called frequently requesting an update to my status. After submitting my rebuttle, I didnt hear back with anything. Therefore, I assumed the worst, but was merely hoping for the best.

For the first time in weeks, I randomly checked CASS yesterday. It showed my status as being forwarded onto the scheduling unit for EOD. It was marked as being forwarded on 9/18/12. So it sounds as if I was cleared after all. However, being that I've taken myself out of the CBPO circle for a while now, would someone please update me as to the anticipated time frame expected to wait between this point and actually receiving the call? I fully understand that it could varry...but I am certain that someone out there has some kind of ballpark time frame for me.

Please and thank you,
          V10
          All anyone knows right now is that the next academy is tentatively scheduled for Jan 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
            All anyone knows right now is that the next academy is tentatively scheduled for Jan 2013.
            Oh WOW!! Sounds like the hiring craze has slowed down a bit then?? Was this expected, or is the floodgate slowly closing?
            CBPO
            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

Oh WOW!! Sounds like the hiring craze has slowed down a bit then?? Was this expected, or is the floodgate slowly closing?
              Personally, I think the election has a lot to do with it. I don't think anyone really wants to commit the funds yet

Comment

• It's all about $$$.

Running an academy for 9 months out of the year costs less to fund when compared to that same academy ran over the entire year.

Comment

• Dear fellows, here's my good news: I passed the PFT1. I did 22 push-ups (advance from zero two months ago), 30 sit-ups, maxed out on side-steps and weight life/lower. According to the score sheet, I should have 120. Not bad at all. Thank you all for the nice advices and encouragements. Without your help, I wouldn't have the confidence and capability to complete it.

Also for those who hasn't taken the PFT1 and has concern about it, don't worry and just start practicing for it ASAP. I am old, just had a baby this year and still breastfeeding now; my knees also got injured about 1 month before the test so I had to rest my legs for 2 weeks. Yet I still made it. So you should have every reason to believe in yourself to succeed this. I would like to help if anyone need suggestion on practicing for PFT1 in short time. Good luck to all!

Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                  Wow, I'm so thankful to you ladies! You all try to give me the best advice you can. I'm very much encouraged. I actually started preparing almost a month ago when I got the written test result. I saw on the 100 push-up book that it's not advised to do it every day because the muscle won't get rested to gain more strength, something like that. So I've been doing it every other day, following the book, started with the preliminary version. I think it's time for me to pick up more pace.
                  Acosta87, could you forward that fitness program to me? Thanks.
                  Hikari, I will take a look at the Chalene Extreme too. Right now I'm willing to look into any program that'll help me on this.
                  And Twink, thanks for your nice advice too.
                  Ladies, I will try my best and let you know some good news soon.

Comment

What everyone else said plus the uncertainty of sequestration looming Jan 1.

Comment

• So I wonder how realistic it is for me to hope to be processed through my background ( which started today) in time to be in the starting class in Jan? I'll keep hope alive

Comment

• Does anyone have the usajobs link to the expired CBPO application? I just wanted to review it before my VBT. Thank you.
                        Geo: SWB
                        Quals: GS-5
                        PFT1: Completed
                        Medical: Pending
                        VBT/SI: 10/31/12-Pending
                        Drug Screening:
                        BI: In Security Office
                        POLY:
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mankey View Post
                          Does anyone have the usajobs link to the expired CBPO application? I just wanted to review it before my VBT. Thank you.
                          http://www.campbell.army.mil/campbel...on(Nationwide)

Let me know if this helps
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Well peoples Monday is OCT 1, the start of the new fiscal year. Hopefully they will start calling again to fill some slots for January Academy, assuming it is still happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                              Hey Twink this page is unavailable. Do you have another link that could possibly work. Thank you.
                              Geo: SWB
                              Quals: GS-5
                              PFT1: Completed
                              Medical: Pending
                              VBT/SI: 10/31/12-Pending
                              Drug Screening:
                              BI: In Security Office
                              POLY:
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/314137500 Hopefully this one works.

Originally posted by Mankey View Post
                                Does anyone have the usajobs link to the expired CBPO application? I just wanted to review it before my VBT. Thank you.
                                CBPO:
                                Test- 05/12
                                NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                                TSL1/2-08/12
                                PFT1/Med-09/12
                                VBT/SI-10/12
                                Poly-11/12
                                BI-12/12
                                TSU-01/24/13
                                1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

OCSO:
                                Applied- 06/12
                                PFT-07/12
                                CJBAT- 12/12
                                Panel Interview- 01/13
                                BI- in process

FBI
                                Phase two: probably never

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12365 users online. 485 members and 11880 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X